Do people care about KDR?

175 replies to this topic
Buckminsterfullerene
  • Buckminsterfullerene

WHY AM I STILL GETTING HATE?

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:33 PM

I'm obsessed with deathmatches, so yeah, kinda.

JohndamnTravolta
  • JohndamnTravolta

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:37 PM

Really not a big deal seeing as I'm always killed by either; Tanks, Miniguns, A multitude of explosives, Auto Shotguns, Reverse-Entity Ap pistol, Or rooftop assholes. 

EvilFiend
  • EvilFiend

Trying to change

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:38 PM Edited by EvilFiend, 01 August 2014 - 10:38 PM.

higher KD means they spend more time in tanks in free mode. KD means literally NOTHING in this game as its so easy to manufacture rather than earn through competitive gameplay

• gtafan26, Blasterman4EVER and Nomad0202 like this

Lukezke
  • Lukezke

Captain of the Hunt

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:39 PM

Meh
I care, but killing is all I'm good at

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:45 PM Edited by Kazandra, 01 August 2014 - 10:52 PM.

To all the people who keep saying that KDR only matters to CoD fanboys, and that aim assist makes KDR null and void:

You haven't played deathmatch very much in this game, have you?  That's the only place it does matter.  People who are good at this game consistently get top three in almost every DM they play.  The consistency is the proof that people are just better than others competitively in this game.  Saying that aim assist makes a game like GTA skill-less when it comes to shooting is a blanket statement of ignorance.

I probably have nearly 700 deathmatches under my bullet belt.  I can tell you for a fact that this game takes skill in a competitive mode, rather than just free roaming in a tank and blowing away newbs.  People seem to forget that aim assist can also be extremely bad in certain situations, like when you have multiple enemy players in your field of view.  I can't tell you how many times I've tried to lock on to the closest opponent and ended up locking on to the guy half a block away on a rooftop.  Of course, then I have no time to react before the closer opponent hoses me down.

I don't think KDR matters at all outside of DM or other competitive modes.  In fact, like someone mentioned before in this thread (or another post I've seen somewhere), your KDR should only be affected by competitive modes, but to simply say that it doesn't matter at all proves to me that you either stay in free roam all day (in which case it really shouldn't matter to you anyway), you suck at deathmatch, or you just don't realize how good people can be in this game because you have avoided deathmatch.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Bane of Trolls / GTA Forums Martyr / Servant of Justice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:50 PM

Any KD/R over 2.0 is a sign of a malicious player.

Any KD/R below 1.0 is a sign of a casual player.

The rest of us are in between.

GrandTheftAddict91
  • GrandTheftAddict91

Professional Dodo Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:11 PM Edited by GrandTheftAddict91, 01 August 2014 - 11:11 PM.

I guess I try to keep mine over 1.00 but other than that, no, I couldn't care less but then again I'm not a try-hard.

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:13 PM

Seeing how there is nothing for me to achieve as a level 240+ I often try to raise my kdr, currently 3.20+ If I see others with high kdr's I often try and instigate a fight or leave them be depending on their actions. 

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:18 PM Edited by hei3enberg, 01 August 2014 - 11:19 PM.

Well... Ahem... Mine is 6. Used to do tank shifts, tank sniping, over-distance sniping. Playing dirty and using all of the game features from off-radar to support chopper. I've got no ethics or moral code in free roam except repeatedly killing AFK player, but not because it's amoral: when I'm not sniping I'm always on the move. If they want me, they should run for me. 

Not playing any DM/ TDM. Why restrict yourself to a piece of the map when you can use entire city? Some people may call me a pussy or no skill. But all of them are killed by me at least once. 

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:25 PM

People care enough to keep bringing it up
  • ninjaontour likes this

X S
  • X S

Confirmation Bias Approved

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:25 PM

To all the people who keep saying that KDR only matters to CoD fanboys, and that aim assist makes KDR null and void:

You haven't played deathmatch very much in this game, have you?  That's the only place it does matter.  People who are good at this game consistently get top three in almost every DM they play.  The consistency is the proof that people are just better than others competitively in this game.  Saying that aim assist makes a game like GTA skill-less when it comes to shooting is a blanket statement of ignorance.

I probably have nearly 700 deathmatches under my bullet belt.  I can tell you for a fact that this game takes skill in a competitive mode, rather than just free roaming in a tank and blowing away newbs.  People seem to forget that aim assist can also be extremely bad in certain situations, like when you have multiple enemy players in your field of view.  I can't tell you how many times I've tried to lock on to the closest opponent and ended up locking on to the guy half a block away on a rooftop.  Of course, then I have no time to react before the closer opponent hoses me down.

I don't think KDR matters at all outside of DM or other competitive modes.  In fact, like someone mentioned before in this thread (or another post I've seen somewhere), your KDR should only be affected by competitive modes, but to simply say that it doesn't matter at all proves to me that you either stay in free roam all day (in which case it really shouldn't matter to you anyway), you suck at deathmatch, or you just don't realize how good people can be in this game because you have avoided deathmatch.

It's still not clearly indicative of skill in any game.  For example, in COD you have campers hellbent on maintaining their ratios, and objective players sacrificing their ratios for the good of the team.  But no one's saying that being a skilled player doesn't have any effect on your KD ratio; what they are saying is that having a good KD ratio doesn't necessarily mean you're a skilled player - the other way around.  The two can be mutually exclusive.

• Blasterman4EVER likes this

CrazyHandz
  • CrazyHandz

BOOM Headshot

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:27 PM

I like to see it go up each day, but I don't go crazy about it and get in a tank just to being it up. As a matter of fact I haven't gone tank killing in about 2 months. Now I only really use guns in free mode.

The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

Online Section Exclusive Member / Extreme Dupe Car Aide

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:27 PM

Do they fook ;)

This isn't COD, and with constant greifing, AUTO AIM, and unfairness in terms of level (higher level = higher health and better weapons), positive KD's must be rarer than ciaran in a good mood :D

bruvs-mcfc
  • bruvs-mcfc

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:52 PM

If you have one character only, the kd value means nothing imo , it takes a while whilst your a low level to get half decent at the art of GTA combat , so by the time this occurs your kills to killed is pretty poor , so you are just improving a bad stat as aposed to displaying your current skill levels , a second character I believe shows a true mark of your skills , but I can never see my second characters stats alone , social club seems to join together :(

Charles_Lee_Raye
  • Charles_Lee_Raye

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:00 AM

You have really played that many deathmatches?? I would love to play more dms but im not playing def jam wanna be melee fights nor will I play with locked guns. If its not set to owner guns I quit. This is why I havent played dm in months. And if youre killing people when your guns are locked to one kind plus pickups there is no skill involved. Just meanns youre better with a combat pistol or whatvr its locked to.

RossCA
  • RossCA

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:19 AM

Just out of curiosity, how many of you care about your kills and deaths ratio?

I have more deaths than kills from being abused in free roam.

I noticed some people in the GTAO make a big deal out of KDR and some don't. What are your thoughts?

I don't think much about it at all. Anyone with a really good record is probably using tanks and lasers anyway. 

Amenly
  • Amenly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:22 AM

Last time I checked (which was a month ago), I had a 3.7 KDR. As a result, I actually do care about it. However, I don't use tanks, jets, or ever play death matches; in fact, I've only played two death matches. Whenever I feel like playing, I call for a buzzard, fly to Weazel Plaza, and snipe from the top of the building. It's from this (and this alone) that I think I have the green tint unlocked for my heavy sniper. This was actually a lot more fun when you could snipe people out of tanks -- it's why I started doing it.

DrummerDave
  • DrummerDave

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:26 AM Edited by DrummerDave, 02 August 2014 - 04:26 AM.

Nope i don't care about it at all even in other games

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:35 AM Edited by SteveNYC81, 02 August 2014 - 04:36 AM.

OP, for future reference this topic is as taboo as the free aim, auto aim, and cash card discussion debates. It will only lead to eventual flame wars usually from page 5 on, I'm not saying to not make them, but be aware of what it can turn into.

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:31 AM Edited by God-eater, 02 August 2014 - 05:32 AM.

My K/DR is a total scam - my kills are from sniping from buildings in FR, ignition bombs, ambushes, and hunting bounties & HPV drivers using a Buzzard/Annihilator. My deaths are from LSC campers, suicide attacks, sticky-spamming and dive bombers. Now that I don't do public FR anymore, the stat is of even less value - and that's just for me - the various invincibility/teleporting/weapon glitchers make the stat irrelevant for everybody.

I mean, if you can't be killed, your K/DR is going to be high. Gets to the point where a high K/DR is nothing more than a strong indication of cheating. 

Tiny Rick
  • Tiny Rick

Regenerated from AhmadMJamal

• Members
  • India

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:00 AM

Bro seriously this ain't COD to give damn sh*t about KDR. Most of the people who shout I have a better KDR than you on the mic are probably squeakers from COD

wh1t31v3y
  • wh1t31v3y

Silent Assassin

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:00 AM

Did a lot of sniping in early days of GTAO and had my K/D up to 4.50 at one point. Been trying to improve my ground combat over the past month or so and it dropped to 3.40 but I've gotten it back up to 3.85
I'm happy where it is now, I continue trying improve it. And that is absolutely zero player kills from a tank

Arya35
  • Arya35

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:15 AM

No, since you can easily just increase it by using the tank, buzzard, or jet. I made a second character who has a 175 kd from just using the jet. I could get a jet, kill anyone I want with the op cannons with little skill, and only once most people left I would just join a new session with a spawn right near the military base.
Same goes for the tank, there would be people who back when the tank was a lot stronger would only sit in a tank, and join a new session each time their tank was destroyed.

When you have such op weapons in the game kd is meaningless in free roam.

Karlitoz-E
  • Karlitoz-E

SiiR

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:18 AM

No

Starsky83
  • Starsky83

Homie

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:29 AM

Nope, its not a FPS nor am I some pysho serial killer either

Obviously
  • Obviously

Steak With Grilled Cheese

• The Yakuza
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:32 AM

K/D never mattered to me in any game.

Ayylien
  • Ayylien

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

I have a K/D of 24 on my one account, no modding. It just has 24 kills 0 deaths.

In conclusion, I'm better than 99% of you.

Rare Echelon
  • Rare Echelon

Serial Lurker

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:50 AM

I got my arse kicked so much in the early days I didn't even bother with keeping tabs of my score. I kill folks, they kill me. Rinse and repeat. It's funny how some people ruminate over K/D ratios, but hey, that's their prerogative and to each his own.

maybeanotherone
  • maybeanotherone

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:00 PM Edited by maybeanotherone, 02 August 2014 - 12:00 PM.

since launch my kd has progressively risen, it's now reaching 5.

i don't feel it tells much about my own skill though, it speaks more of the high ratio of would be assholes that one comes across playing this game.

only skill from my end is knowing how the game works so you'll be able to counter pretty much anything

and browse this forum to be aware of when dirty tricks get pulled on me.

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

You have really played that many deathmatches?? I would love to play more dms but im not playing def jam wanna be melee fights nor will I play with locked guns. If its not set to owner guns I quit. This is why I havent played dm in months. And if youre killing people when your guns are locked to one kind plus pickups there is no skill involved. Just meanns youre better with a combat pistol or whatvr its locked to.

Most of the DMs I played were from early on. I got the game at launch. Those were the good old days of deathmatch, where no one was level 300 and everyone played rockstar created maps.

I really can't stomach DM anymore. Too many horrible Nigerian Scammer and user created maps now....but yeah, it was definitely my favorite game mode for a while. I played the sh*t out of DM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users