Photo

Do people care about KDR?

175 replies to this topic
zQUEENz
  • zQUEENz

zQueen MsBz

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:24 PM Edited by zQUEENz, 01 August 2014 - 12:24 PM.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you care about your kills and deaths ratio?

I have more deaths than kills from being abused in free roam.

I noticed some people in the GTAO make a big deal out of KDR and some don't. What are your thoughts?

Coin
  • Coin

You know it.

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

My thoughts: Should have made a poll.

Anyway, I don't care about KDR in GTA Online. As someone who doesn't play DMs it is a meaningless statistic. 

• GroundZero, Outplug, ten-a-penny and 4 others like this

Reconified
  • Reconified

The hacker known as 4chan

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

I do, but I don't make a big deal out of it. I'd probably stop playing if it dropped below 1.00 because of my OCD.

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:28 PM

The only time it matters to me is in deathmatches. It's too easy to get kills in free roam by grieving or camping in well traveled areas.

As long as my K/D is over 1 in team deathmatch I'm happy. It at least means I got more points for my team than points for the enemy team.
  • Kid SixXx, ten-a-penny, Black Terminator and 4 others like this

Wombater_18
  • Wombater_18

The Wombatopug!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:30 PM

... I don't care about my KD ratio. I'm mostly a friendly player in my tank, but since most people get the wrong idea, I have to go all spawn kill on them. :( I just wanted to give them a tank. But no, you just had to shoot at me.

You smart enough to kill me in the air? Easy. Bounty for you! And of course, the underused feature of Backup Helicopter.

You dumb enough to be hostile towards me on foot? I'll do EVERYTHING. Mercenaries, muggers, bounty, off radar tank spawn kill.

In other words, be my friend. Please. The consequences ,if you don't, are something that'll make you leave.
  • tfroam, Ishan826 and Whiskygolf like this

Kid SixXx
  • Kid SixXx

Death Valley Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:32 PM Edited by Kid SixXx, 01 August 2014 - 12:33 PM.

The only time it matters to me is in deathmatches. It's too easy to get kills in free roam by grieving or camping in well traveled areas.

As long as my K/D is over 1 in team deathmatch I'm happy. It at least means I got more points for my team than points for the enemy team.

What she said.  I enjoy team deathmatches and it is nice to know that I gave better than I got.

• Joekill95, Kazandra and AWOL77 like this

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:36 PM

Just out of curiosity, how many of you care about your kills and deaths ratio?

I have more deaths than kills from being abused in free roam.

I noticed some people in the GTAO make a big deal out of KDR and some don't. What are your thoughts?

Only the bad people care about it :)

Personally I like to be able to skydive into my friends chopper props, or bring knives to gunfights, without feeling all guilty.

"Oh no, this death is going to go straight to my ratio, how will anyone ever love me now? I'm a failure!"
  • ten-a-penny, Blasterman4EVER and Cwinny24 like this

GrottiCollector
  • GrottiCollector

80s Tom Cruise

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:42 PM Edited by GrottiCollector, 01 August 2014 - 12:55 PM.

> Third-person shooter

> Auto-aim

> KDR

I lol'd. 

• mmm chocolate, NastyTrickster, lolleroz and 13 others like this

FAT CURRY
  • FAT CURRY

Benefactor Collector

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:44 PM

I don't.  I care about my racing wins to losses ratio instead. :)

• mmm chocolate and AWOL77 like this

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:44 PM

Only matters in DM/TDM for me as well, aslong as I finish anywhere in the 2-2.5 range I'm happy, sometimes I finish higher. Only times I'll finish below a 2 is when I'm playing in a Grenade Launcher, RPG, Sticky Bomb festival, where everyone doesn't know how to use guns. I haven't gone near many deathmatches recently, not with all these nigerian scammer ones I constantly get sent to. I pretty much gave up, hopefully the PS4 versions quick job function will have better filtering options.

• Leadingman likes this

Flicksy
  • Flicksy

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:51 PM

I do and don't. As long as it stays above .90 and I'm happy, higher than .90 is just icing on the cake. Any lower and I go on a mass murder spree to raise it.

Retired Mafia
  • Retired Mafia

Heist Preparation host

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

i don't understand them.
how do you see what it means?

Bongsquirrel
  • Bongsquirrel

Crew Leader

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:54 PM Edited by Bongsquirrel, 01 August 2014 - 12:54 PM.

I dont care much just as long its not under 1 and im good w it.

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

i don't understand them.
how do you see what it means?

KDR or K/D is your kill death ratio. Basically it tells you how many kills you have in relation to how many times you have been killed...so if you have 200 kills and 100 deaths, your KDR is 2.0.

You can see your KDR by pausing the game online and looking at your stats
  • Retired Mafia likes this

Violent Duct
  • Violent Duct

Professional Tank Griefer

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

Bigger K/D = Bigger pen15

• lihety likes this

Apollo00063
  • Apollo00063

I am that guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

nah - I was spawn-killed too much during levels 1-30 to really care about it. Its GTA anyway, not CoD or BF. I really don't get hung up on stats in GTA:O because there are a lot of variables that can effect them that are out of your control...(trolls of all kinds, games freezing at inopportune times, ect). I mainly play to cause mayhem and make $ to buy things to cause even more mayhem. 

• gtafan26 and Crossed Sabres like this

toolateaxeincar
  • toolateaxeincar

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:07 PM

I care about it in as much as I care about any of my stats - I like seeing improvements over time - but I don't think it's especially important, or something I spend energy protecting.

• Apollo00063 likes this

MrManBuz
  • MrManBuz

Men become demons

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:14 PM Edited by MrManBuz, 01 August 2014 - 01:16 PM.

If K/D was only affected by Deathmatches and other competitive game modes, perhaps, but because free roam also  counts I couldn't give one f*ck about K/D. Hell my K/D was around 2.4 around launch when I played a lot of DMs and as I played free roam it's gradually dropped from knobjockeys killing me when I drive past to like 1.8. Ironically the guys with 4+K/Ds are always the player killers.

• gtafan26 and XxJazzy42xX like this

Wombater_18
  • Wombater_18

The Wombatopug!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:17 PM

Bigger K/D = Smaller pen15

;)
  • TheJasonGallant and Cakelover21 like this

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

NOT a little passive-aggressive bitch

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:19 PM Edited by Doktor Gott, 01 August 2014 - 01:21 PM.

Mine goes up about 0.1 per day tbh (0.2 on a good day) and like the OP I had a <1 score for a while as I was way too busy doing other things in Online..

All I will say though, is the heavy sniper really does make a difference to it.. :D

one thing I have noticed though, is the red dot does seem to attract attention and means you can be a bit busier.. trouble finds you, rather than the other way around...

(oh and my sig picture lies... Cockstar's page always shows my K/D as 1 these days, despite it currently being around 1.43 IIRC)

Khelandros
  • Khelandros

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

Bigger K/D = Bigger pen15

KDR: How tank griefers validate themselves.

• ten-a-penny, Cakelover21, GrottiCollector and 2 others like this

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

I would care about it if mine wasn't so chronically awful lolz

• Ishan826 likes this

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

-_-

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:26 PM

Not really. I don't want to go below 4 kdr though.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:26 PM

i dont care about KDR, some players praise me when they see my number, some scream hacker/griefer/godmodder, at the end of the day i dont care about it.

my goal is to rake as many kills as i can, thats it.
  • XxJazzy42xX likes this

Bandalamente
  • Bandalamente

About to press reset

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

Used to care, would strive to raise it in DMs. Don't care much more. 

Played so long now I know my level, and know that if Im going down I'm taking two or three suckers with me. 

• XxJazzy42xX likes this

Kushology
  • Kushology

Hustle hard, stack paper.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:34 PM

Any game I played involving guns, it's been 2.0+ but it's been dropping from f*cking around with other people. Only time it matters to me anymore is at the end of DM's

Jehannum
  • Jehannum

High in the sky

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:40 PM

When mine started to go down to 1.02 I started to care a little - not wanting to go under 1.0. I started sniping and it now climbs steadily most days. 

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:55 PM

I care about it in as much as I care about any of my stats - I like seeing improvements over time - but I don't think it's especially important, or something I spend energy protecting.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:59 PM

It only really matters to those who care about. It has as bout as much weight as you give it.

I like to pay attention to mine because I fight honestly :) I and like to use it as a way of telling me wether on a roll when it goes up, and when I'm getting my ass kicked when it goes down lol.

What I consider "honestly" I don't use tanks or jets to get my kills, and I'm willing to fight wether I'm outnumbered or I'm at an advantage. Of course, DM and TDM players have an more "official" k/d and measure of their combat skills, but I prefer mostly free roam fighting because of the freestyle nature if it.

That being said, I always remind people that at the end of the day, the stats don't mean squat, cause they don't stop you from getting killed. Not to mention you can't determined whether they got the kills from a tank or actually fighting. It's the skills you used to get them that make the difference. A guy with a k/d of 3.79 can get sniped just like a guy with 0.64 lol. It's all the same in that sense.

I can only ever remember a single instance where I came across a player with a k/d of 3 something, and I can tell he earned every bit of it cause he wrecked my ass 1on1 with only the heavy sniper and advanced rifle lol.

Stringer Bell
  • Stringer Bell

Adjourn your asses

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:02 PM Edited by Poohdini, 01 August 2014 - 02:26 PM.

funny i was just noticing how sucky mine was

50 kills and 85 deaths lol

ive never done a deathmatch tho

• malcolmfunktion likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users