Quantcast

» «
Photo

The most revolutionary gta

60 replies to this topic

Poll: The most revolutionary gta (90 member(s) have cast votes)

what gta game is the most revolutionary?

1. Gta 1 (4 votes [3.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.88%

2. Gta 2 (1 votes [0.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.97%

3. Gta 3 (51 votes [49.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 49.51%

4. Gta vice city (4 votes [3.88%] - View)

5. Gta San andreas (22 votes [21.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.36%

6. Gta 4 (17 votes [16.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.50%

7. Gta 5 (4 votes [3.88%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote
DonMichaelCorleone
  • DonMichaelCorleone

GTA SA>GTA 4>GTA V End of discussion.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:01 AM

what gta game is the most revolutionary?for me its san andreas.

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

I'm out to get cigarettes, I'll be back soon.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:04 AM

GTA IV. First game in the HD universe and the best GTA.

• theGTAking101 likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

Ha, no doubts, GTA SA :cool:

SweetToadette01
  • SweetToadette01

SweetToadette01 and SweetBitty05 Met Together!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

GTA SA

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:36 AM

San Andreas? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Seriously what significant features did it add to the series that's now a staple of the series?

It's got to be III. Without the revolutionary jump from 2 to III you wouldn't be playing GTA today... There more than likely would be no GTA today without the success of III.
  • theGTAking101, Sergiu and Kafonix like this

Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

III or V, due to 3D and Multi-Protag, respectively. VC, SA and IV all added a lot, but I don't think any of them altered the series DNA as much as III or V has. They were more evolutions, than revolutions, really.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

I think III. Nostalgia aside, it brought One of the most important things to the series - 3D, which Vice City, San Andreas, etc. continued. Sure, it sounds simple, but it's pretty important
  • Osho likes this

Evan-KCR
  • Evan-KCR

Mhmmmmm.... Oh yeah

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

Damn, you really like making useless threads, don't you?

• Lock N' Stock likes this

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

GTA III. Even though i like Vice City and San Andreas a lot more, GTA 3 is most revolutionary. 

It is what started 3D universe. 

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:27 AM Edited by Dope_0110, 01 August 2014 - 11:28 AM.

So many votes for SA, yet not one comment from anyone saying what the hell did SA bring in the series that was revolutionary. From what I remember it's major changes were ability to swim and dive, ability to aim and shoot at the same time, customizing the character and skills. That's it for it's main additions that really affected the gameplay.

III is probably the most revolutionary for obvious reasons, switching the game from 2D to 3D made it much more playable and what it is today. After that, I'd say IV with it's new engine that introduced Euphoria, cover system and such.. but even that is a major graphical update and not a complete overhaul like III was, so I say III takes the titke for the most revolutionary GTA.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:47 AM Edited by Vercetti42, 01 August 2014 - 11:47 AM.

what gta game is the most revolutionary?for me its san andreas.

LOL.

GTA IV. First game in the HD universe and the best GTA.

LMAO.

Ha, no doubts, GTA SA :cool:

Are you serious?

GTA SA

GTFO.

For me it's GTA III hands down. Anyone who says San Andreas or IV must be blind. GTA comes second for me.

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

Drake stole my notebook :(

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:53 AM

San Andreas?! REALLY?! It could be a revolutionary game only if none of its content was cut.

Btw, I voted III. It was first 3D game in the series.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Have no fear, Olek is here! Mwahahaha...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:03 PM

III. SA ruined the 3D Universe, but it's still a good game.

AdusPL
  • AdusPL

obrzygane rzygi

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:10 PM

Tough choice between 1 and III, but III wins. There wouldn't be GTA without these 2 games.
Someone who votes for VC and newer, must be an idiot.

the ironic one
  • the ironic one

Don't take life too seriously. You wont get out of it alive.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

Apart from 3d graphics (which is an important change but not the most important) there are no significant changes between GTA 2 and GTA III. You've got all basic things in GTA 2 that are the core of the franchise until today. In GTA IV we got better graphics and physics but we've lost a lot of stuff from GTA SA. In GTA V we got some of those things back :D I have to admit that is a hard question. I think that GTA VC and GTA SA are the most revolutionary GTAs, although I find it hard to choose between them. The fact is that VC isn't significantly bigger than LC in GTA III. Protag. can speak which is very important and we can change his clothes and we got assets to buy and we can fly. In GTA SA protag. can swim, we've got the whole state and enormous planes, more cas and planes and we can change our protag.'s look, weight, hairstyle, we can even play a game in the game. I'll vote for GTA SA :)

• Osho, matajuegos01 and Kafonix like this

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

I voted for GTA VC, nostalgia, 1980's, what can get better?

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:35 PM Edited by Queen Elizabeth II, 01 August 2014 - 12:37 PM.

GTA 1...

No seriously. GTA VC is the most revolutionary, it gave us properties to buy, houses to buy, fun sidemissions, talking protagonist..

GTA IV took too many things from GTA VC and SA, GTA V is not revolutionary at all.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:38 PM

GTA III by a country mile. The other games haven't defined an entire genre like GTA III did.
  • Lock N' Stock, The Odyssey, BLOOD-MOND and 1 other like this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:40 PM Edited by AnDReJ98, 01 August 2014 - 12:41 PM.

III, SA & IV are most revolutionary for me. Especially III, the reason is pretty obviously, and i voted for it.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:04 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 01 August 2014 - 02:06 PM.

Even though V is my all-time favourite in the Franchise,and i started with IV...I vote for III (2001),it brought the franchise into 3D and Third-Person-Perspective which wasnt only revolutionary to the franchise but to the Genre it Popularised forever (also making it a Mainstream Success) and coining the term "GTA Clone" plus it among many top 10 influential games of all time...Without GTA3 the franchise would be nothing today (even though it at a Mega Level already) and franchises like Mafia,Getaway,Saints-Row,Assassins Creed,Watch_Dogs,FarCry,Sleeping Dogs (and even Red Dead) wont have existed...

Note:Although 2004's San Andreas was a Precursor to Saints Row and many other gang-themed openworld games.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

I disagree about Mafia. Remember the original game came out in 2002 and interestingly had been in development since late 1998.

I don't know about Mafia II, but Mafia didn't need GTA III and would have existed if GTA III didn't regardless.
  • the ironic one and Sergiu like this

Mr. Dreemurr
  • Mr. Dreemurr

Fastback

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

Race 'n Chase.
Without that glitchy game, GTA Wouldn't even exist.

• Jeansowaty and BLOOD-MOND like this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

Mafia: TCOLH is way better than GTA III.. And is NOT a GTA-clone.  But it doesn't mean that GTA III is bad game, don't get me wrong...

• Sergiu likes this

jeanrjm
  • jeanrjm

Tactical

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:24 PM Edited by jeanrjm, 01 August 2014 - 03:24 PM.

GTA III started it all, basically.
GTASA: unprecedented freedom.
GTA IV: A living world. Introduced phone, hanging out, higher level storytelling, great physics, better driving, better graphics. Set a default that newer games only should improve on.

And there is GTA V: which has gone back in time.
  • DonMichaelCorleone likes this

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:29 PM Edited by Dope_0110, 01 August 2014 - 03:38 PM.

@Blood
To say any game wouldn't have existed without GTA is dumb and as fanboyish as can be. Though it's you so it's expected, but still you need to understand there were Driver and Driver 2 long before GTA 3, and had there never been GTA all those games would have existed all the same.

The reason they didn't exist in the 90's is only the technology not being able to have vast open world games, but even with that there were still games like Driver I already mentioned, Tomb Raider (third person action game - add an open world and there's ''gta clone''), Prince of Persia 3D (precursor of Assasin's Creed), Mafia was developed practically alongside GTA 3 etc.. the point is GTA was actually a late guest in the 3D world, and had it never existed there would still be Driver, Mafia and any other open world action game that came out before or after.

The reason they are for the term ''gta clones'' is due to III's distinct quality with big world, great graphics, radio stations, cinematic story, a lot of freedom and gameplay better than anything Driver offered.  That (along with a lot of controversy) made it popular worldwide because it had no competition basically, apart from Driver which was simply a lesser game, which is no wonder considering it was a PS1 VS PS2 game and in one of them you're a cop, in the other you're a criminal who does what he wants.. not hard to figure out which games teenagers will flock to buy, and once something is popular everything else that comes out and is similar will be considered a ''clone'' by the public. So yeah, GTA games are great, amazing in fact, but the world would exists without them.

• matajuegos01 likes this

the ironic one
  • the ironic one

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:00 PM Edited by browar25, 01 August 2014 - 04:01 PM.

there were Driver and Driver 2 long before GTA 3

True. But there was GTA 1 long before Driver and Driver 2. I don't understand why do people overrate 3D graphics so much? I wouldn't say that the movement from 2D to 3D is something revolutionary for GTA or Driver games because Quake was the first FULL 3D game, so Driver and other games just follow this path. The biggest achievement of GTA Series is the open city with possibility to explore, to drive, to shot. I was playing GTA 1 at the time it was released and there wasn't anything similar to GTA 1, anything that would make me feel even close to GTA 1 gameplay. And this unlimited free-roaming is truly original.

• Osho likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:11 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 01 August 2014 - 04:18 PM.

^Thanks for replying for me bro :)., and oh London 1969 (March 1999) Predates the Driver Franchise with 3 months :p (and according to GTA Wiki,IGN and GS, GTA2 had 3D graphics but was still top-down and that was 1999)...GTA3 was the first full 3D Third-Person game in the Franchise 5yrs before Saints Row was even released,6 years before Assassins Creed,7 years before Fallout went 3-D and 13 years before Watch_Dogs.
Mafia was still released in 2002 (even though it been in for 1000 years) it like saying GTA was started in 1995 because of Race 'n' Chase lol,and Spiritual Successor doesnt mean sh*t,AC is it own IP released in 2007.

Side Note:GTA have been a openworld IP since 1997 regardless of it 3D and HD (Third-Person) Rebirth...It had Cop Stars,Roadblocks,Free-roaming,Evading Cops,Pay 'n' Spray long before Driver or modern day openworld games existed...Pls watch the video i posted above guys before re-replying thanks ;)

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:40 PM Edited by Dope_0110, 01 August 2014 - 04:48 PM.

@ both above - Switching to 3D is what made GTA III so playable. Who would play a top down shooter if it was released as GTA III, and do you really think it would be fun in the age of emerging PS2 and proper third person games, or better yet, popular? Nope. 1 and 2 got away with it, but that was in PS1 era and expectations were lower. The fact that they switched perspective is what allowed everything to be as much fun as it is to a wide audience (me and all my frineds from back them included - none of us could really get into GTA 1, and never even bothered with 2 seeing it's the same top down game), and that's why I'm mentioning Driver, because it's the game that already had that perspective and the basics of that gameplay. I remember playing Driver and only wishing for more freedom and better controls... and I'm sure I wasn't alone.. and then came GTA3 offering just that, and a lot more.

Point being, there were games before GTA III and GTA as a franchise that did some of GTA's aspect sooner and even better, and there are games after GTA III that also introduced concepts before later GTA's adopted them such as free aiming from a car etc. so let's not be fanboys about it, let's appreciate the franchise we like, but also other games that influenced it to become the franchise we like.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:54 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 01 August 2014 - 04:56 PM.

@ both above - Switching to 3D is what made GTA III so playable. Who would play a top down shooter if it was released as GTA III, and do you really think it would be fun in the age of emerging PS2 and proper third person games, or better yet, popular? Nope. 1 and 2 got away with it, but that was in PS1 era and expectations were lower. The fact that they switched perspective is what allowed everything to be as much fun as it is to a wide audience, and that's why I'm mentioning Driver, because it's the game that already had that perspective and the basics of that gameplay. I remember playing Driver and only wishing for more freedom and better controls... and I'm sure I wasn't alone.. and then came GTA3 offering just that, and a lot more.

Point being, there were games before GTA III and GTA as a franchise that did some of GTA's aspect sooner and even better, and there are games after GTA III that also introduced concepts before later GTA's adopted them such as free aiming from a car etc. so let's not be fanboys about it, let's appreciate the franchise we like, but also other games that influenced it to become the franchise we like.

what franchise came before GTA,that had Evading Cops with a Mod Shop (Pay 'n' Spray) Cop Stars/Wanted Level,Non-Linear Gameplay? although i agree with you that the Original GTA (Race 'n' Chase) and the 2D Era were influenced by few games,but apart from that GTA was and is an original IP (and that undeniable),anyway watch the video i posted ;) i guess Mafia and AC or even TES werent on the top 10 :p

Side Note:and oh Neighbourhood/District HUD Names...damn i am going frenzy right now lol...my apologise if i am being a bit dickhead (i wont reply for a while again).
  • the ironic one likes this

the ironic one
  • the ironic one

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:06 PM Edited by browar25, 01 August 2014 - 05:08 PM.

Who would play a top down shooter if it was released as GTA III, and do you really think it would be fun in the age of emerging PS2 and proper third person games, or better yet, popular?

I would, even now :) GTA 2 is still my favourite gta game. And I always think that the frnachise's lost something magic in gameplay moving form 2D to 3D.

I remember playing Driver and only wishing for more freedom and better controls... and I'm sure I wasn't alone.. and then came GTA3 offering just that, and a lot more.

There were people playing GTA 2 and wishing TPP :) I was playing Driver 1 and GTA 2 at the same time and I've prefered GTA 2 due to its gameplay. I didn't care about graphics that much even as a kid.

Point being, there were games before GTA III and GTA as a franchise that did some of GTA's aspect sooner and even better

None of them gave us a city that we can explore, ability to shot and drive and change cars in one package. An the most important thing: freedom. You could approach any main or said mission you want without any pressure. A free man in a free city. That's what makes GTA special.

• Osho and BLOOD-MOND like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users