PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Godfather

• Zaibatsu
  • Vatican-City
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:23 AM

Have any of you guys played the three games in the exact order the missions play out? I've never tried it personally, but would love to one day. I think it would a lot more strength and depth to the overall story playing it through exactly. :)

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Going to take a break. Not sure when I'll be back.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:25 AM

Maybe someday, that sounds fun. I'm still working on completing the stories.

• PulpFiction likes this

Johan
  • Johan

Brb

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:33 AM

I'm actually close to replaying those 2 games, I'd definitely try it if I knew the actual correct order.

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:22 AM Edited by Kampret, 01 August 2014 - 06:23 AM.

I got the list of playing it chronologically:

Spoiler
  • PulpFiction, ddyoung, GroundZero and 7 others like this

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:14 AM

How would that work? Play IV up to a certain point, exit the game, load TLAD, play one mission, exit, load IV, play a few missions, exit, load TBOGT, and so on? :/

Johan
  • Johan

Brb

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:20 AM

How would that work? Play IV up to a certain point, exit the game, load TLAD, play one mission, exit, load IV, play a few missions, exit, load TBOGT, and so on? :/

Exactly

And thanks for the list dude, will definitely try it next week

• Kampret likes this

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:22 AM

That doesnt sound fun at all
  • ocd likes this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

The Man Who Sold the World

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:27 AM Edited by SFPD officer, 01 August 2014 - 07:29 AM.

I've never actually played the "Possible Trinity" run. Re-loading different games all the time would be pain in the ass and I think that TLaD and TBoGT, who both have significantly less missions than vanilla IV would be hurt by fracturing them so much. Play one TLaD mission, five vanilla IV missions, two TBoGT missions and back to TLaD? That doesn't sound very good to me. Especially since one of TLaD's strenghts was a packed, intense storyline.

I did play all three stories at the same time, but with missions divided in chapters - for example, I started with IV, played up to Roman's Sorrow, then switched to TLaD and played to Action/Reaction, then back to IV and so on. It felt a little more Pulp Fiction-y than one slowly unraveling ongoing story and I loved it.

• PulpFiction, Donut and Kiffster like this

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:33 AM

That doesnt sound fun at all

It helps you to get immersed in the whole Trilogy's story.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

I did that with 3D era, VCS -> VC -> SA -> LCS -> III. I may do for this too, but i'm not interested in games that much anymore so i doubt.

• Kampret likes this

lucy12345
  • lucy12345

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

I'm in the middle of one now actually. Using the list from the "Possible trinity" topic on the TBoGT board. I'm up to Smackdown.

lol232
  • lol232

We happy?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

Tried it myself and it was honestly very fun. I really gotta say playing it in the correct order is pretty awesome.
  • PulpFiction, Duxfever, ddyoung and 3 others like this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• V Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:04 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 01 August 2014 - 02:04 PM.

Haven't tried it yet. Sounds interesting but I'm just too lazy to take out IV's disc, put in EFLC disc, take out EFLC disc, put in IV disc and so on.

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

There's already a thread about this: http://gtaforums.com...ssible-trinity/

Andreas
  • Andreas

Leone Family Mafia

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

That sounds like a very interesting idea, indeed. Now that you mention it, I want to re-play all the trilogy anyway before V is coming to PC, so that would be the perfect opportunity to play them in chronological order.
  • ddyoung and Kampret like this

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:02 PM

Haven't tried it yet. Sounds interesting but I'm just too lazy to take out IV's disc, put in EFLC disc, take out EFLC disc, put in IV disc and so on.

What console are you using?

lol232
  • lol232

We happy?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:45 PM Edited by lol232, 01 August 2014 - 05:45 PM.

On the complete edition of PS3/360 and Steam version on PC you don't really have to take out your disc to switch between IV/EfLC.
  • Kampret likes this

Aby
  • Aby

★ Sexualizer ★

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Biggest Like Whore 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Best New Member 2013

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

Sounds like a pretty awesome idea but knowing me, I'd be annoyed by having to take out the discs and replace them with the other one, lol since when EFLC came out, I screamed in happiness since I didn't have Xbox Live yet.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:50 PM Edited by gtarules_95, 02 August 2014 - 06:54 PM.

I did that last year it was awesome sure always changing the discs became annoying but the incredible story over 136 was great (especially when their paths crossed, the diamond plot, the heroine stuff etc.) much better than V's story

But still the change in tone with Ballad of gay tony (which is similiar to V) was strange at times

And I think GTA IV's story is so awesome and unique that playing and viewing it as a standalone game is much better (in comparison to the Episodes)

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:39 AM

Sounds like a pretty awesome idea but knowing me, I'd be annoyed by having to take out the discs and replace them with the other one, lol since when EFLC came out, I screamed in happiness since I didn't have Xbox Live yet.

I'd trade the IV + EFLC disc for a Complete edition disc if I were you. But, hey, at least the loading time aren't as bad as V (It only took me like, 40 seconds on PS3 and 15 seconds on PC).

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

I got the list of playing it chronologically:

Spoiler

When I have the time I'll do this but also without the HUD, so it will kinda be the ultimate GTA IV test

• Kampret likes this

Max Payne
  • Max Payne

There are things in life you cannot choose: how you feel.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

Seems like a good idea. Might do it when I got the time

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:13 PM

Nah. I only played IV first, then TBOGT, then TLAD. 

Not chronologically at all, I know.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:22 PM

I did this last year, following a version of the Impossible Trinity list that kept disc-swapping at a minimum.  It does give the story even more of an epic feel (especially when you get to the diamonds/Gracie part of the story, where all three strands converge for a little while), though it does highlight some of the inconsistencies (e.g. the model changes for Luis or Jim Fitzgerald).  I recommend such a playthrough to anyone who likes IV, but be prepared to swap discs a lot.

• Kampret likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Capt. Phill Bellic. The New Aldernian Cop.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:54 AM

I recommend such a playthrough to anyone who likes IV, but be prepared to swap discs a lot.

I think it may be possible to run IV/EFLC simultaneously/parraleled on PC. I have never tried it myself but it seems like a good solution in avoiding disc swapping. Thoughts?

Cheers.

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

I recommend such a playthrough to anyone who likes IV, but be prepared to swap discs a lot.

I think it may be possible to run IV/EFLC simultaneously/parraleled on PC. I have never tried it myself but it seems like a good solution in avoiding disc swapping. Thoughts?

Cheers.

I think you can already do that on consoles by having the IV+EFLC (complete edition) disc.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:10 PM

I've done this before and it's awesome, it really improves the story. If we got to see what other characters are doing: basically if Niko, Johnny and Luis weren't the only POV characters, this story would be worthy of a TV series. 

There is however a minor continuity error somewhere in the middle of the story, I think it's mentioned  in the Possible Trinity topic.

The disc swapping wasn't really a problem for me. I played the missions slowly and calmly and did friend activities and side-missions. In a single sit down I never had to change the discs more than once.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:31 PM

Wish I bought the DLC to go with the main game instead of getting them on sale with their own launcher... Too long and annoying to bail out of GTA IV and spend ten minutes launching TLaD just to shoot some AoD and exit again.

lol232
  • lol232

We happy?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:02 PM

I did this last year, following a version of the Impossible Trinity list that kept disc-swapping at a minimum.  It does give the story even more of an epic feel (especially when you get to the diamonds/Gracie part of the story, where all three strands converge for a little while), though it does highlight some of the inconsistencies (e.g. the model changes for Luis or Jim Fitzgerald).  I recommend such a playthrough to anyone who likes IV, but be prepared to swap discs a lot.

You don't need to do it on the Complete Edition version of the game on 360 and PS3, and the steam version of IV and EfLC on PC, and also if you have the DLC version, but yes, I would like to be able to start up TLaD and TBoGT from the base game, but EfLC has the exclusive "Vice City FM", and I prefer having that instead. :pp

Militia
  • Militia

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

I am all for playing the games, trust me.  But if you're lazy and/or don't want to re-do the games, you technically can just find all these mission walkthroughs on Youtube and play them in the proper order.  However, of course, that's less fun than actually doing it yourself.

Since I don't do handhelds and can't physically buy/play Chinatown Wars, I been viewing a handful of story missions in order from 1 to 65 (?) on Youtube and it's nice to see it all and get the feeling of the game as much as I can without playing it.  I wish that game was made for PS2 cuz I'd buy it as well.  Then I'd have 10 total GTA games, lol...

• Kampret likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users