What's your hurry?

75 replies to this topic
helresa
  • helresa

Public Security Section 9

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:12 AM

I think this is one reason why we haven't had the H word, we just aren't ready for the teamwork and coordination that will be required.
  • Mr.Nedich, ten-a-penny and Gay Tony like this

Gay Tony
  • Gay Tony

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:08 PM Edited by mr toasterbutt, 02 August 2014 - 06:35 PM.

This is one of the most well-thought out, explanative posts I've read on this site. Completely true.

It's what I'd like to call the "cooperative" randoms effect. This simply doesn't happen when everyone's talking with or knows one another personally.

GTA missions remind me alot like Left 4 Dead, where 4 survivors are trying to survive going from point A to point B working together to make it to the next saferoom in one piece (in theory).

Anyone who actually plays the game knows most randoms are pretty much off doing their own thing, falling behind, running ahead, checking for supplies, leaving everyone else behind (even going as far as to running right past or on top of dying teammates, and still doing this without an immediate threat in the area).  There's no looking out or paying attention to one another.

People treat cooperative like it simply just means working towards the same objective individually, with everyone else randomly placed on the map.

This is unheard of when playing with friends or people with mics.

• Luther_Vandross likes this

cjdavies
  • cjdavies

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:55 PM Edited by cjdavies, 02 August 2014 - 07:11 PM.

One of the main missions why I ignore the invites to Rooftop Rumble, most of the enemies are dead before I get there I'm lucky to have 1.  Yes I get the RP, but I want to play,it's boring otherwise.

I don't know what is worse, the rushers or being the passenger ad the driver gets too close to the objective and you are dead before exiting the car.

If you are one of the rushers on here, why not just be the host and invite no-one.

I had even a player knock me off my bike just to get past me and I lost 50% of my health! I was only riding a Sanchez.

• ten-a-penny and Gay Tony like this

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

NUNBUTANOGOODHO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:36 PM

I was told that the first person to the objective gets a free Shark Card. Is this incorrect information? I may need to change how I play.  :lol:

• saintsrow and rapidwiz like this

Mr.Nedich
  • Mr.Nedich

"HEY DALLAS! FOLLOW ME!"

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:44 PM

I was told that the first person to the objective gets a free Shark Card. Is this incorrect information? I may need to change how I play.  :lol:

First person to get to the objective in 100 missions straight gets exclusive early access to Heists. I know because my dad owns Nintendo. #confirmedheists

SemperJ550
  • SemperJ550

"Coming for You"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:52 PM

First person to get to the objective in 100 missions straight gets exclusive early access to Heists. I know because my dad owns Nintendo. #confirmedheists

*Sees country is set to USA...

Dear god

My-Body-is-Ready-random-31574387-320-319

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

NUNBUTANOGOODHO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

Dear god

Wait. What?

jon-stewart-huh.gif

• ten-a-penny likes this

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

I hate this. Every time I tried to play the extradition mission that requires you to get into the base and steal a jet, take out the titan and then the DA someone messes around.

I ended up on a roof killing soldiers as two NPC jets crashed to the ground (how that happens in this mission I have no idea) and they destroy the titan right away. Perfect. Then a team mate hops in the only other jet around and the other two players are killed while trying to find other jets that aren't there. I hop off the other side of the roof and head toward the gate to chase the DA because the kid in the jet just wasn't doing well. The DA pulled in to the police station but it didn't fail the mission. The fail came when Mr. Jet Pilot decided to crash into the police station leaving me alone with 4 star wanted level trying to kill some NPC. As soon as I pull a grenade out a cop runs me over. Explosion kill me and multiple officers leaving the DA alive and well.

The second time the DA made it to the station, mission didn't fail as it's supposed to. Another random player and I get right up to the police station, no wanted level, turn the corner to target the DA and... mission fails. DA arrived safely... with my AP Pistol pointed at his skull.

I'm not sure what I hate more. Bad players or stupid missions that fail for NO reason other than to piss you off. Looking at you, Rooftop Rumble and Coveted. Failed to secure the landing zone my left nip.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

SemperJ550
  • SemperJ550

"Coming for You"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:25 PM

Dear god

Wait. What?

jon-stewart-huh.gif

The man in the picture is Reggie Fils-Aime, pres of Nintendo of America. Thats just a really popular image of him with that actual quote.

Yes I'm aware Iowata is the global CEO

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:42 PM

I think this is one reason why we haven't had the H word, we just aren't ready for the teamwork and coordination that will be required.

Either that or the G-word ;)

AceCrossHairs
  • AceCrossHairs

What?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:23 PM Edited by AceCrossHairs, 02 August 2014 - 09:23 PM.

I'm usually the one who rushes to get there first just so I can show off my car....... but most of the time I use my RPG so i can clear out the bad guys and get the most kills 

DrewFly123
  • DrewFly123

Rampant Glitcher

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

Yeah, That's generally why I prefer to run missions with a crew of friends that actually know how to run the mission properly and quickly.

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:55 AM

Thought I'd dredge this up - new payout system - play my way and profit, suckers!  Woot!

:lol:

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:27 AM

Thought I'd dredge this up - new payout system - play my way and profit, suckers!  Woot!

Your signature is a lie.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:35 AM

The shame of it is, they still play exactly the same way. 

And assholes here on the forum proudly brag that they kill any mission team member who stalls while waiting for a higher payout. 

Conclusion:  (1) stupid never changes; (2) Rockstar should do a better job of online game design to actually encourage or require intelligent team roles and strategy. 

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:58 AM

Your signature is a lie.

Which part? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users