75 replies to this topic
God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:42 AM

You guys know what I mean.

Mission starts. Everyone ruuuuns to their individual vehicles and floors it for the objective. No waiting for passengers, no plan, just hell-for-leather, must-get-there-first madman driving (including wiping out teammates in front of them).

Person in fastest car arrives at objective. Nearest teammate is at least 20-30 seconds away. So of course the first guy attacks immediately, head on and alone.

20 bad guys riddle him with bullets. Second guy arrives and yolo's right at the bad guys. Results as expected. 

Often, the mission fails right here as we've lost too many lives, but even if it goes on now we've got two guys spectating instead of contributing because they refused to wait for back-up.

If we manage to clear out the guards in the chaotic free-for-all that we'll call an attack, then the objective (document, vehicle, etc) becomes a thing that we will kill each other over being the one to pick up - and, again, whoever gets it will instantly bail for the dropoff, ditching everyone regardless of the local situation - they are alone when the enemy back-up shows up and kills them.

This not counting the ones where the objective gets destroyed because some players think that the RPG is the only weapon in GTA.

Anyway, all of this happens because everyone has this burning need to do every mission at a dead sprint and get the kills - and the rush leads to mistakes and failure. Whereas if I solo these same missions, just slowing down to walking pace allows me to methodically and easily deal with the enemies, casually collect the objective and deliver it with ease.

These guys might think they're faster, but I'd rather take 10 mins to complete RR and actually complete it than fail it three times in the same space of time because people don't know how to slow the hell down. 

• livejoker, manu90mala, jackrobot and 42 others like this

Agent_Ace
  • Agent_Ace

heavy sniper > jets

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:45 AM Edited by Agent_Ace, 01 August 2014 - 02:45 AM.

I wait for passengers, take cover at mission point, use guns and explosives to my advantage, and don't blow up the RR documents car.

Am I a good boy?
  • Outplug, Mac4167, tfroam and 1 other like this

CP27
  • CP27

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:45 AM

Don't know what kind of replies you were hoping for lol but all I can say is I 100% agree. Pretty much every mission I join plays out this way.
  • Mac4167 likes this

TubbyTuke
  • TubbyTuke

I'll be with you in a minute, spark plug.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:48 AM

I agree with the OP 100%. Everybody is so Balls Out and doesn't stop to think that there is a possibility the mission could be failed. Pull back on the reigns and pace yourselves.

Grimase
  • Grimase

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:06 AM

That's cuz everybody thinks they are Deadpool.

• Blingy, hugh750, Outplug and 9 others like this

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:12 AM

Spoiler

I feel you. I'm a team player. I help other out during missions and offer them transport. With a couple friends of mine we work as a team and complete missions faster as opposed to everyone going solo like a headless chicken lol.
  • Der Fahrer likes this

JetsRLove
  • JetsRLove

Jets are love, Jets are life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:12 AM

Because I'm LEROY LENKINS/RAMBO and because I don't play with randoms.

• Anger Personified and AceCrossHairs like this

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom
  • SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:16 AM

personally.. I do it when I don't feel like sitting still as a passenger.  I just want to go fast and have control.  Other days when I'm just bored or tired and playing for money, I will play as a passenger.   In the end, I think everyone is a "racer" at heart.  have to be the first to get there.  I don't care about getting somewhere first, i just want to do it my own way. 

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:16 AM Edited by Ninjambie, 01 August 2014 - 03:16 AM.

Lol most of the time the first players to reach spectator quit. They're in a rush to quit it seems.

• Diesleman likes this

modnation
  • modnation

Like this post for chop

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:19 AM

i have to get there before op so i can troll him :lol:

• BatFerYou likes this

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:25 AM Edited by TreFacTor, 01 August 2014 - 03:25 AM.

I take my time...theres a handful of missions though if you don't get rolling immediately, you make the mission harder than it should be.

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:33 AM

I rush why? Because I don't have time to wait around when some just take their sweet time to get to point b.
  • rapidwiz likes this

Darth_Zannah
  • Darth_Zannah

Sith'ari

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:52 AM

Yeah OP this is partially the reason why I don't join anymore random missions. In a hurry to aggro everything at the mission point to make completing much more difficult. Fun. On occasion I'll solo missions when I'm bored or join a lowby's mission. Fun to do something different and it sometimes helps when you have a mic to direct them. 

• Agent_Ace likes this

da_illest101
  • da_illest101

GTA World Heavy Weight Champion

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:58 AM

I hate that as well. I end up doing the whole mission solo or quit because I don't feel like doing it by myself. 

itrpatrick
  • itrpatrick

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:05 AM

I blame mission grinding. Now, everyone thinks they need to be as fast as possible because they're used to quickly grinding missions.

• ZeroF0rce, BatFerYou, -Velox and 2 others like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:06 AM

I stopped carrying others in Passengers since they may end up ruining the mission. Looking at you RR.

Anyway, I really feel your pain OP. Sometimes- no, not sometimes, ALWAYS they just end up dying the second they hit somebody. That's why I always play alone. f*ck playing with randoms. Unless they're in my crew or are friends, I say f*ck it. I always play alone outside of Survivals anyways.

• God-eater likes this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

I've got a Golden Ticket!

golden-ticket-o.gif

• Joekill95, Grimase, GunTotinHippie and 1 other like this

Godovermoney
  • Godovermoney

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:42 AM

I don't see a need to rush since I'm getting paid cash, and RP no matter how fast I get there. Sometimes someone else gets more, but I already have plenty and just do missions to help friends out. I know one thing, I won't be playing heists with randoms unless they got it together. I'm not going in without a plan. Everyone should have a role in a mission, and the future heists. like a sniper, and explosives guy a shotgun guy and maybe a rifle guy. This would help get things done smoothly.

• God-eater likes this

MellowFellow
  • MellowFellow

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

I blame mission grinding. Now, everyone thinks they need to be as fast as possible because they're used to quickly grinding missions.

This seems pretty accurate to me. Someone joins up with a grinder who knows the mission inside out, sees him blitz his way there and starts doing the same. Little scamp then joins up with others but keeps the mentality, while lacking the know how.
That's how it appears to my tired old eyes anyway, it happened in EQ and EQ2, probably happens in WoW too. It's just the online way for some.

Personally, I'm in no rush. There's going to be shooting, explosions, crazy driving and all sorts of hectic shenanigans going on when I reach the mission; so I like to get there in a smooth groove.
If I don't need a getaway car, I'll tootle there in a classic and just feel the chilled out vibe.
Park her up, take a min to prepare and then into the fray.

Not for me the war cries and rushing into battle, i prefer the gentler approach.
  • itrpatrick likes this

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:43 AM

Because I'm LEROY LENKINS/RAMBO and because I don't play with randoms.

lol who the f*ck is LEROY LENKINS? It's LEEROY JENKINS!

• JetsRLove and Flicksy like this

Flicksy
  • Flicksy

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

What's your definition of "in a rush?" I have a Dubsta fully upgraded of course it's going to go fast.

I do offer rides and have been offered rides. I get through missions quickly because I've done the majority and know how to do it.

Bastean
  • Bastean

Meow

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:04 AM

This only happens when you play with randoms...

Egonga
  • Egonga

Stripper/Lawyer

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

It impresses ladies, of course.

If you're out with a woman, ranting about your videogame prowess and you happen to mention your fastest Rooftop Rumble time is 12 minutes... that girl is just going to stand up and leave. Her ovaries are only interested in studs who can finish in under ten minutes. You're going to be sitting there alone, crying into your soufflé, because you wanted to wait for backup.

True story, no foolin'.
  • Lc gta, Joekill95, garyharry and 1 other like this

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

I wait for passengers. I tried to pick one up earlier in my helicopter but I accidentally crashed the helicopter because I thought I had enough time to take a bite out of my sandwich.

YukiEiri
  • YukiEiri

l33t nekkid skillz...

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

You guys know what I mean.

Mission starts. Everyone ruuuuns to their individual vehicles and floors it for the objective. No waiting for passengers, no plan, just hell-for-leather, must-get-there-first madman driving (including wiping out teammates in front of them).

What ever you do, never try World of Tanks. :D

But I guess it's the competitiveness (is that a word?) of the situation. That and the normal "me first, all for me" mentality that's so common these days.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:47 AM

This game is best played with friends in most game modes.

dairyworker
  • dairyworker

I am the milk man

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:51 AM

op is exactly why i never play with randoms anymore

• JetsRLove and emptyplayer like this

CheaterMcCheat
  • CheaterMcCheat

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

Or the first one to get there takes cover behind his PV. The second guy that was 5 seconds behind him speeds into the first guys PV, crushing him, then gets out and takes cover behind his own PV. Third guy comes hurtling down the road and crushes the second guy. So on and so on.
  • Grimase and dairyworker like this

Vehicles
  • Vehicles

Internet from hell.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

The only time I rush is during the document delivery section.It's good to outrun their Zentorno in a sedan/muscle car.

The second thing is the people who run over teammates as mentioned by op.On Chemical Extraction someone hit right into me while i'm hacking the garage door,i'm speechless and stay mostly in my car in mission these days.

Cwinny24
  • Cwinny24

Hustler

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:16 PM

Dont forget to run over your teammate if he gets the document!
  • AceCrossHairs likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users