RP Cap?

52 replies to this topic
WinkingSkeever6
  • WinkingSkeever6

Zed's dead, baby.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:18 PM

It was capped at about 5,000 RP before, in that last x2 cash/RP weekend event they had. Not sure if they'll remember to remove that cap this time...

I doubt that the 5000RP cap thing is true, as I've done 'Method in the Madness' a bunch of times and have always gotten ~5500 RP, and that was with 1-2 other players who weren't my friends or crew members.

The 5000 RP cap does not apply to bonus RP earned from other means, such as killing enemies, scoring headshots or delivering the objective. I also got about 5,500 every time when I did Rooftop Rumble during the x2 cash/RP event before the High Life Update, 5000 being the capped amount I received from mission completion and 500 being from kills, scoring headshots and whatnot.

You guys! You guys! I just did Boneyard in Free Aim and I got 7000 RP.

Sounds like the x2 RP is finally in effect.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

So find something even easier and faster that pays out 2500 RP and grind that...

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:14 PM

So what the hell is the point in double RP if you can only actually get about 20% more when doing RR?

Mr.Nedich
  • Mr.Nedich

Baratheon Bannerman

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:20 PM

So what the hell is the point in double RP if you can only actually get about 20% more when doing RR?

Because contrary to 70% of the GTA:O players' realisations, there's more than one mission to play in Online.

• Khelandros likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

Because contrary to 70% of the GTA:O players' realisations, there's more than one mission to play in Online.

eh? I thought RR was the only one? Unless you're talking about GTA IV, but that's a different game?

• lihety likes this

Mr.Nedich
  • Mr.Nedich

Baratheon Bannerman

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:23 PM

eh? I thought RR was the only one? Unless you're talking about GTA IV, but that's a different game?

I've gotten sick of RR. I prefer Coveted between the two. It's like if it's not RR, no one wants to play the mission.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:27 PM

I've gotten sick of RR. I prefer Coveted between the two. It's like if it's not RR, no one wants to play the mission.

Yeah, I know what you mean tbh. I do feel a little guilty if I join a mission and then leave again just because it isn't RR.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:09 PM

Speaking of caps, I don't understand why the rank cap is set at 8000. With that being the case, Now that I reeeeally think about it tho, the double RP weekend thing is kinda stupid.

For the kajillion players who have already reached 120, what does any of that extra RP mean? What's the incentive? Smh

I'll prolly use this as an opportunity to rank up a second character tho, but really, how bout some new milestones.
  • ZeroF0rce likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:17 PM

Speaking of caps, I don't understand why the rank cap is set at 8000. With that being the case, Now that I reeeeally think about it tho, the double RP weekend thing is kinda stupid.

For the kajillion players who have already reached 120, what does any of that extra RP mean? What's the incentive? Smh

I'll prolly use this as an opportunity to rank up a second character tho, but really, how bout some new milestones.

I read somewhere else on here that 8000 is as high as they can go because the amount of RP that is needed to reach that level is as high as computers can go in terms of numbers.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:19 PM

I read somewhere else on here that 8000 is as high as they can go because the amount of RP that is needed to reach that level is as high as computers can go in terms of numbers.

My point is this. What's the point of putting effort into reaching that rank?

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:20 PM

It pleases some, most not. Each to their own.

The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

Online Section Exclusive Member / Extreme Dupe Car Aide

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:24 PM

All I find funny is that over half the game community are over level 120 already :) including myself, making this semi useless to many.

But to those that are new, or just making new characters (I can't bring myself to make a new one, knowing my gunsenburg will be lost :(), it's a welcome addition :)

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:28 PM

It pleases some, most not. Each to their own.

Hmph -.-

zSaintX
  • zSaintX

Friendship is carrots. Hope you like carrots.

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:34 PM

Also because there are people who have reached that rank legit (not modded, but it includes grinding RP) so now anyone whose rank is 2000+ is most likely a hacker/modder, even though there are also some people below level 1000 who are hackers.

gorskiegangsta
  • gorskiegangsta

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:40 PM

I don't think it is meant to be reached - THAT is its point. In other words, I'm sure Rockstar purposely made it that high to 'future proof' Online for years to come.

Apollo00063
  • Apollo00063

I am that guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:48 AM Edited by Apollo00063, 02 August 2014 - 01:39 AM.

So if there is a lvl cap for contact missions, then what's the best mission to play

It was capped at about 5,000 RP before, in that last x2 cash/RP weekend event they had. Not sure if they'll remember to remove that cap this time...

Yes and no. The cap itself only applies to contact missions. Other jobs will go above that just fine.

So if that's the case, which missions will be the best to play then, since the cap only applies to contact missions.
I like Defender for contact missions. You can easily complete it yourself in an invite only session (practically no loading time) if you want to farm RP. It gives you 5.2K RP and 17somethingK $. RR will give you 18.7K and 5240 RP right now..and you have a chance of being trolled and load times. You also don't use any of your ammo in Defender, so all cash is pure profit.

CrazyDog150
  • CrazyDog150

Click-Clack Bang!

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:59 AM

The thing about CC3 Playlists that annoys the sh!t out of me is that the buzzard still is there after the mission is done.
You have to drive all the way over there to find out that it's smoking already..

TeleportUppercutSpam
  • TeleportUppercutSpam

hehe *flex*

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:55 AM

Afaik there's a cap, but that only applies to contact missions, if it says you've earned more at the mission passed screen then it's probably because it also combined the 5000 RP with the RP you got from enemy kills.
I just earned 10000 RP from a single race soo yeah.

Charles_Lee_Raye
  • Charles_Lee_Raye

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:50 AM

You think youre making sense but youre not. What about method in the madness my fav mission? I net around 5400rp on that so what are they gonna nerf my rp amd only give me 5k? Not to mention the countless other missions I play like los santos connect or chopper tail. They are around 4k rp so they only get a 1k rp increase? But a race will give you over the 5k max?? How does this make any logical or rational sense?

It doesnt just code everything to be double like they advertised.

xoC18H21NO3xo
  • xoC18H21NO3xo

GTA Addict

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:56 AM

Has anyone noticed that doing a mission back to back seems to knock off 1000 RP? This has just started to happen to me in the past hour.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:01 AM

im joining random missions....and the pay is not double :(

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:16 AM

rp_armed_home_defense_cap_embroidered_ha

and yes theres a limit that goes just over 5k, but killing NPCs give you extra

mmm chocolate
  • mmm chocolate

.... BLAINE COUNTY .... xbox one

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:00 PM Edited by mmm chocolate, 02 August 2014 - 05:27 PM.

Played a race last night using someones method on here to 'go past the 4 minute mark' ....
And got an extra 1500RP when I did.

Four minute race by myself = 6000RP

Beat that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users