RP Cap?

52 replies to this topic
Cubia_Beta
  • Cubia_Beta

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:41 AM

Will there be an RP cap for the x2 RP weekend? For instance, when I play RR on the hardest difficulty with 3 others in a traditional GTA aim lobby, which generates about 4000 RP IIRC, will it "really" give me 8000 RP per playthrough? Or will R* set a limit into how much RP you can get?

Agent_Ace
  • Agent_Ace

heavy sniper > jets

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:42 AM

They probably won't, unless they're mindless dickwads.
Oh wait...
  • StormerBoy, Outplug, hei3enberg and 3 others like this

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:45 AM

There wont be a cap.

Plus if you earn RP it's not a problem for Rockstar.

If you see limits, it will usually be on cash payouts - they usually do this by limiting what event types pay the bonus $$$.

WinkingSkeever6
  • WinkingSkeever6

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:48 AM

It was capped at about 5,000 RP before, in that last x2 cash/RP weekend event they had. Not sure if they'll remember to remove that cap this time...

• blk95ta, StormerBoy, GrandTheftBatman and 3 others like this

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

-... .-. --- -.-. -.-/. .-.. ...- .. ...

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:50 AM

It was capped at about 5,000 RP before, in that last x2 cash/RP weekend event they had. Not sure if they'll remember to remove that cap this time...

The x2 cash/RP weekend only applied to the specific playlist for the Independence Day event.

WinkingSkeever6
  • WinkingSkeever6

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:52 AM Edited by WinkingSkeever6, 01 August 2014 - 02:54 AM.

The x2 cash/RP weekend only applied to the specific playlist for the Independence Day event.

Ah, I forgot about that event. I was referring to the x2 cash/RP event that was active across all missions, a few months ago. I think it was right before the Business Update?

Edit: Meant "before the High Life Update". That was definitely it.

Edit 2: What blk95ta said.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:54 AM

There was a 2x cash and rp weekend in may or june and the rp capped around 5000 for rooftop rumble iirc.
  • Thisguyherenow, henryborked, ModderX and 1 other like this

Brock Elvis
  • Brock Elvis

-... .-. --- -.-. -.-/. .-.. ...- .. ...

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:54 AM

Ah, I forgot about that event. I was referring to the x2 cash/RP event that was active across all missions, a few months ago. I think it was right before the Business Update?

Okay - sorry for the confusion.

Quarthon
  • Quarthon

Thug

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:55 AM

I seem to remember the RP payout was 1.5 rather than 2 but I could be mistaken.

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:56 AM

Yes and no. The cap itself only applies to contact missions. Other jobs will go above that just fine.

• WinkingSkeever6 likes this

WinkingSkeever6
  • WinkingSkeever6

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:57 AM Edited by WinkingSkeever6, 01 August 2014 - 02:58 AM.

I seem to remember the RP payout was 1.5 rather than 2 but I could be mistaken.

Pretty sure it was x2 for both cash and RP. Even if it was only x1.5, then Rooftop Rumble's normal RP gain of 4,000 should have netted 6,000, not 5,000. There's definitely a cap in place.

zSaintX
  • zSaintX

Swag is for kids. Class is for men.

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:00 AM

He's talking about the other event which featured x2 cash/RP on any jobs. And yeah, they would give you $37k but instead of giving 8k RP it was capped at 5k.

Cubia_Beta
  • Cubia_Beta

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:07 AM

So if there is a lvl cap for contact missions, then what's the best mission to play

Yes and no. The cap itself only applies to contact missions. Other jobs will go above that just fine.

So if that's the case, which missions will be the best to play then, since the cap only applies to contact missions.

Mezdux
  • Mezdux

Player Hater

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:10 AM

Is there a GTA$ bonus too? And yeah, what Cubia_Beta said, what's the best mission for RP?

WinkingSkeever6
  • WinkingSkeever6

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:17 AM Edited by WinkingSkeever6, 01 August 2014 - 03:17 AM.

Is there a GTA$ bonus too??

Doesn't look like it. Rockstar's Newswire only mentions RP, there's no mention of x2 cash or anything. Makes me wonder if the next update is going to add some level-locked content or something... maybe "the H word", since they aren't giving us x2 cash with this one.

Cleaning The Cat House is a pretty good paying mission in terms of RP if you have a Buzzard, and it's relatively quick, but the cash payout is crap. Considering the RP cap, it'd probably be best to focus on finding a mission that pays out a little over 2,000 RP, but one you can complete in a minute or two. Rooftop Rumble wouldn't really be worth playing due to there being no double cash.

modnation
  • modnation

Like this post for chop

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:20 AM

Will there be an RP cap for the x2 RP weekend? For instance, when I play RR on the hardest difficulty with 3 others in a traditional GTA aim lobby, which generates about 4000 RP IIRC, will it "really" give me 8000 RP per playthrough? Or will R* set a limit into how much RP you can get?

yep 5000 rp cap just like all the other times

Insert-Coin-To-Continue

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:23 AM

There's a thread, or I swear there used to be, that detailed mission payouts for some of the higher end jobs. Have a look for it and pick one off that that'll give you a nice amount of RP whilst being quick to finish.

This would probably a good time to jump into races or deathmatches as well, though. So long as you do well in those, you'll be earning more RP than in contact missions.

henryborked
  • henryborked

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:24 AM

If you have a buzzard I suggest doing Crystal Clearout 3 followed by Cathouse. That's nice and easy and fast. If you do Cathouse after CC3 you're right at Trevor's airfield and if you start CC3 after finishing Cathouse you're transported back into the desert. No long treks to mission start points.
  • procharged94 and WinkingSkeever6 like this

procharged94
  • procharged94

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:39 AM

If you have a buzzard I suggest doing Crystal Clearout 3 followed by Cathouse. That's nice and easy and fast. If you do Cathouse after CC3 you're right at Trevor's airfield and if you start CC3 after finishing Cathouse you're transported back into the desert. No long treks to mission start points.

Put it in a playlist and you can do it back to back for as many as 16 times, without ever having to reload the mission or drive anywhere.

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:19 AM

It's weird. In the reward screen, it showed I got 5020 rp for RR. But in the Like/Dislike screen, it showed 4000 rp. I don't know which one is right.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:30 AM

I guess we'll have to wait and see if they have the RP Cap or not.

Either way, this is better then nothing, so I will take advantage of it this weekend.

gorskiegangsta
  • gorskiegangsta

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:37 AM

I doubt that the 5000RP cap thing is true, as I've done 'Method in the Madness' a bunch of times and have always gotten ~5500 RP, and that was with 1-2 other players who weren't my friends or crew members.

Poohdini
  • Poohdini

The One Who Knocks

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:39 AM

im 71 now as long as it gets me to 75 im good

thebrianmo
  • thebrianmo

Steel City Saint

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:47 AM

There's never been a RP cap before on double RP weekends.

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:47 AM Edited by AiraCobra, 01 August 2014 - 05:48 AM.

There's a thread, or I swear there used to be, that detailed mission payouts for some of the higher end jobs. Have a look for it and pick one off that that'll give you a nice amount of RP whilst being quick to finish.

This would probably a good time to jump into races or deathmatches as well, though. So long as you do well in those, you'll be earning more RP than in contact missions.

Job Reward Database RP/Cash

• Insert-Coin-To-Continue likes this

Relative007
  • Relative007

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:13 AM

Maybe a 5000 RP cap on Missions.

Got 10,000 RP for winning Races during the Independence Day Special Playlist Event multiple times. 

MAR10HD
  • MAR10HD

◕‿ ◕

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:45 AM

Taken directly from the newswire. Let's hope they stick to their word.

Beginning tomorrow, August 1st and running all weekend long through midnight eastern on Sunday August 3rd, get 2X RP in GTA Online. All Jobs and other RP-gaining activities like Gang Attacks, Hold Ups, and Import/Export to name a few, will earn you double RP.

All Jobs and other RP-gaining activities

All Jobs

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:46 AM

Considering levels now go up to 8000 I believe why would there be an RP cap?

Insert-Coin-To-Continue

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:52 AM

It's weird. In the reward screen, it showed I got 5020 rp for RR. But in the Like/Dislike screen, it showed 4000 rp. I don't know which one is right.

The mission reward itself is capped at 5000. You can go over it with NPC kills and possibly in-mission objects IIRC (some missions that have you delivering objectives give a small RP reward for doing so). 

That's the one.

xoC18H21NO3xo
  • xoC18H21NO3xo

GTA Addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:37 AM

You guys! You guys! I just did Boneyard in Free Aim and I got 7000 RP. That was just the RP at the end. The guys are worth 25 each and the trucks are 63 each! It took me 15 minutes. I'm thinking this might be the best bet if you're going solo. I'm guessing that there are roughly 200 guys to kill so that would be another 5000RP! There are like 8 trucks that's another 504RP. That's 12,504 RP every 15 minutes!

Crystal Clear Out III is superior of course. In Free Aim you get 50RP for each guy and and there are 31 guys. Then at the end you get 4050. That's 5550. If done in two minutes you make 166,500RP per hour. $315,000 per hour!

• DaTwista likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users