Will we see a Lazer nerf?

151 replies to this topic
ArcadeWilliamz
  • ArcadeWilliamz

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

All we need is an lock on RPG that only locks on to Lazers & Buzzards.

Heists
  • Heists

Do you have the Need For Speed?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

They will nerf it. Just so the new big bad boy on the scene can look more deadly, the Hydra. Well whenever it comes out that is.

Arya35
  • Arya35

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:47 PM

I guess it's because I've been hearing more sob stories of jet griefers than of tank griefers in recent times.

Heavy Sniper, 2-3 shots on a jet, and problem solved or why not go get your own jet and stop the person yourself If they're a problem? People who complain about it do so because they can't stop those type of people and just want the easy way out.
Actually it's more like 5-6 shots. I used to think the jet was hard to fly but it's actually quite easy if you crank your sensitivity to nothing. Unfortunately then you can't do anything else so you gotta keep adjusting it back and forth when not in a jet, which is annoying. It's also pretty hard to get your own jet when there's a jet guarding the base and any good pilot does when others try to get a jet. Off the radar doesn't last near long enough to let you get one without them noticing and coming to stop you before you can.
Its hard to take out a good pilot without help.
I see them having to do something because it's currently like the tank used to be, without a balanced counter. Perhaps making it possible to aquire one from multiple locations or adding some sort of AA guns or heat seeking missile maybe. Hard to say but something will be changed for sure.
What difference does a change in sensitivity make?

Control. Is this your first game ever? Sensitivity is key to customizing controls to your liking. Set properly it makes things much easier. Especially with sh*tty console controllers and their small range of motion. For example finding the sensitivity balance between being able to quickly and accurately scope a head shot and not sacrifice too much close range turning speed gives you an advantage over players who don't have it set correctly. While you struggle to find me in your scope cause you move too fast at long distance I've already shot you in the head cause my sensitivity has been adjusted to my needs.
Since there is only 2 adjustments and everything uses the same ones it's less than ideal for a pro gamer. On high sensitivity the jet turns too far too fast with the tiniest movement of the stick to be accurate when trying to use cannons to kill something, likewise if on low you can't turn around fast enough to shoot someone before they shoot you when walking around.
Games like battlefield on the pc have a separate sensitivity setting for every vehicle/sniper scope/regular walking around scenario which is ideal while this game doesn't so you sacrifice control or have to constantly adjust them for certain situations which sucks.

I know what it does, I just thought you meant that you can change the maneuverability of the jet by changing the sensitivity.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:51 PM

Kinda, it allows for more precise control and therefore better maneuverability.

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:03 PM

It's not the "new tank" because a tank didn't take a brain to use.

it doesnt take a brain to fly a plane that shoot explosive rounds either...
killing players without the explosive rounds now that would take some brain.
the current state of the lazer all you have to do is a simple dive and spray aimlessly to a populated area.

You don't even have to be accurate the splash damage radius is so large

Lmao it's because of this "spray and pray" mentality that jet fire is so easy to dodge as it is :lol: I guess I don't need to bother with taking cover as much when the jet users aren't even bothering to put effort into aiming.

I'm actually rather glad that people think the jet is easy to get kills with :) that just makes surviving attacks simpler.

Obviously
  • Obviously

Steak With Grilled Cheese

• The Yakuza
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

it doesnt take a brain to fly a plane that shoot explosive rounds either...

killing players without the explosive rounds now that would take some brain.d

the current state of the lazer all you have to do is a simple dive and spray aimlessly to a populated area.

Most Lazer users fail. 

Before the tank nerf, all people did was drive over cars and spin their turrets shooting out rockets. 

Lazers aren't the easiest thing to use. 

• gbrown100 likes this

thehomelessclown1
  • thehomelessclown1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

The Lazer is not OP, you just are incompetent at destroying flying objects. Now please take a tissue and wipe your tears b/c someone's been griefing you with a Lazer

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

-_-

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:39 PM

All they have to do is fix it so they have to pay for PV and get Bad Sports points for it. That's all.be

It used to give you bad sport warnings and make you pay for the vehicles. But they changed that THANK GOD!

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:55 PM

Neither does a Lazer, my 6 year old cousin got kills with it. 

Hopefully we do see a Lazer, Rockstar DMed me saying they wanted to get me on their livestream soon to "show off jet skills" but I have every intention of spawn killing them to show that the Jet needs changing, & to what specification would make the most sense moving forward in the game & hopefully then we will see an end to all the garbage pilot pretenders. 

• Kohr-Ah, EarthboundMysfit and Arya35 like this

Charles_Lee_Raye
  • Charles_Lee_Raye

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:50 PM

Dropping its speed would be nice but its already pretty weak. If a [email protected] douches me around I get a buzzard. Go off radar when I get close then blow them out of the sky. Works like a charm.

rickreim
  • rickreim

Friendly Neighborhood Murderer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

GiantsGiants (OP), if you didn't make all your cars chrome and neon colors, they wouldn't be such easy targets to pick out from the air. Just sayin'

And I hope they just take away the explosive rounds from the lazer cannons. Yeah, it takes skill to fly a jet and kill someone on the first pass, but as long as you're not completely retarded and can avoid crashing your jet, you can make pass after pass until you get a kill. I'm sick of having to duck into parking garages cause 2-3 ppl think they're playing Top Gun and I see it EVERY session now.

For those of you who say jets take skill and you're skilled pilots, you should have no problem blowing up someone's PV with the regular cannons or using the missiles instead. I have no problem with that. It's bs though when one round out of a hundred hits the ground six feet away from you and you're killed by it. Take out the exploding rounds. A skilled pilot should be able to hit their target anyway.

And with the way they nerfed the tanks, it might take more skill to stay alive inside a tank now and go on a rampage than it does trolling in a lazer

AWEMYGOD
  • AWEMYGOD

Heistdelayer

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

No need to nerf it since 99% of the players online don't know how to use it properly anyway. Hurr durr le rockets everywhere xD

• Jeff Nesteruk and maxthebrick like this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

GiantsGiants (OP), if you didn't make all your cars chrome and neon colors, they wouldn't be such easy targets to pick out from the air. Just sayin'

And I hope they just take away the explosive rounds from the lazer cannons. Yeah, it takes skill to fly a jet and kill someone on the first pass, but as long as you're not completely retarded and can avoid crashing your jet, you can make pass after pass until you get a kill. I'm sick of having to duck into parking garages cause 2-3 ppl think they're playing Top Gun and I see it EVERY session now.

For those of you who say jets take skill and you're skilled pilots, you should have no problem blowing up someone's PV with the regular cannons or using the missiles instead. I have no problem with that. It's bs though when one round out of a hundred hits the ground six feet away from you and you're killed by it. Take out the exploding rounds. A skilled pilot should be able to hit their target anyway.

And with the way they nerfed the tanks, it might take more skill to stay alive inside a tank now and go on a rampage than it does trolling in a lazer

Problem is that you can't see them cause the ps3 hardware is so old and slow they don't render til you're right on top of them so you're just shooting at dots on the map unless they are in a car. Without splash damage the would get zero pedestrian kills, lol

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

GILF

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

If the whole forum bands together and forms a petition to nerf Lazers... we will be told to eat sh*t.

This whole forum ?  Banding together ? Yeah right.

"People who hate people, come together!"

"No."

-Bill Hicks

rickreim
  • rickreim

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

Problem is that you can't see them cause the ps3 hardware is so old and slow they don't render til you're right on top of them so you're just shooting at dots on the map unless they are in a car. Without splash damage the would get zero pedestrian kills, lol

That's how it should be though, you think a pilot in a jet flying a few hundred mph would be able to pick out someone on foot if they weren't in a completely open area. At least you have the dot so you know the general area. Cars, yeah, you could spot those no problem, but I don't think you should be able to pick out a guy crouched behind a wall as you fly by at the speed of sound

K-ROSE
  • K-ROSE

45 mins Southeast of Thibodaux, Louisiana

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:08 PM Edited by GrottiCollector, 01 August 2014 - 03:09 PM.

It's needs to have two flight modes like a (F16 Tomcat, I think?) once standard mode and then another where the wings fold back, it goes a lot faster but the "weapons" are flares.

rickreim
  • rickreim

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

It's needs to have two flight modes like a (F16 Tomcat, I think?) once standard mode and then another where the wings fold back, it goes a lot faster but the "weapons" are flares.

That would be interesting. If you could drop a flare and then a bomb would be dropped in the area like 20-30 seconds later. (Or less depending on blast radius). Give ppl a chance to get out of there, maybe put a circle like they do for crate drops or gang attacks once the flare hits the ground so you'd know the exact area you have to get out of. Limit it to one per jet, or time it one every 12 mins, make pilot pay like they would to merryweather. I'd enjoy that.

BoltedS3
  • BoltedS3

Survival to the fittest

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:23 PM Edited by BoltedS3, 01 August 2014 - 03:23 PM.

The lazer was much faster a few updates ago, I'm a BEAST with cannons.

Cannons and driving and shooting are my best three things, in the lazer I'm 31-0 undefeated. players always say they can beat me but they lose and friend request me LOL!

You people cry over everything, what's next? "CARBINE RIFLE IS OP PLEASE NERF"
  • Ninja_Gear and Agent_Ace like this

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:17 PM Edited by Wildfire_08, 01 August 2014 - 04:19 PM.

Cannons and driving and shooting are my best three things, in the lazer I'm 31-0 undefeated. players always say they can beat me but they lose and friend request me LOL!

Lmao 31 -0  undefeated, no doubt against noob pilots & also in a Jet where the cannons are hold for less than 1 second to get the kill...

I guarantee if you joined my pilot 1 vs 1 you would get destroyed 10 -0 like all the rest of the "L33T Jet pilots". 

If the Jet gets nerfed, I cannot wait to see all the f*cking wannabe scrubs who only fly the Jet start crying because the OP easymode vehicle might actually (God forbid!) take some skill to kill with.

The totem pole of pilot skill?.... 

Annihilator > Stunting/Recovery  > Buzzard  > Jet ( at the bottom and the easiest) 

so for all you Jet scrubs, understand that you can only (Just about) do one tiny aspect of piloting and it just happens to be the easiest part of the whole thing, haha. I wish someone would create a proper diagram showing what the skilled pilots can do, Vs what these sh*thouse noobs do & show them how weak they actually are.

• Arya35 likes this

OwensRacing
  • OwensRacing

LSAT

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

Make the radar come up with a button click and only stay around for say 5 seconds, then have a cooldown period of like 15 seconds. This would eliminate a lot of issues with the Jet. 

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

I'd be happy to see the Lazer nerfed. Those explosive shots are wayyyy too overpowered. But idk if it's likely.. I'm in the minority here.

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:48 PM

The jet isnt a threat unless you are in another aircraft or out in the country.
All jet griefers run back to the base like babies that cant find mummy as soon as you hit them with one round anyway.
  • CaptainMental likes this

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

Jets are actually fun to see in the skies and liven up the session. Unlike tanks where any jerk could mass kill people at least with the jets you know they're more or less gonna be pointless trying to kill you unless the pilot has skill. I'm yet to killed by a jet.

• MrWuggy likes this

BoltedS3
  • BoltedS3

Survival to the fittest

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:33 PM Edited by BoltedS3, 01 August 2014 - 06:36 PM.

Lmao 31 -0  undefeated, no doubt against noob pilots & also in a Jet where the cannons are hold for less than 1 second to get the kill...

I guarantee if you joined my pilot 1 vs 1 you would get destroyed 10 -0 like all the rest of the "L33T Jet pilots". 

If the Jet gets nerfed, I cannot wait to see all the f*cking wannabe scrubs who only fly the Jet start crying because the OP easymode vehicle might actually (God forbid!) take some skill to kill with.

Annihilator > Stunting/Recovery  > Buzzard  > Jet ( at the bottom and the easiest) 

so for all you Jet scrubs, understand that you can only (Just about) do one tiny aspect of piloting and it just happens to be the easiest part of the whole thing, haha. I wish someone would create a proper diagram showing what the skilled pilots can do, Vs what these sh*thouse noobs do & show them how weak they actually are.
I've faced people like yourself, and once I win you people friend request me, you join my lobby and I'll make you my bitch.

I've faced you tubers that say they're a beast in the air and I've won, what system are you on? I guarantee I'll kick your ass. And the jet does take skill to win you must've been killed with it repeatedly. You're probably one of those noobs who bitches and gets his ass kicked.

Oh and I'm not a l33t whatever, I've been the best in the lazer since online launched. I only use pure skill for my kill. I've defeated so many pilot clans that are good but can't beat me. So they weren't all noobs.

There's no need to be jealous, haters gonna hate.
Also your pole is wrong, no one cares about that sh*t pole. I don't just kill people in the lazer, I fly under buildings, bridges etc. I've been the best since gta 4. Still going strong!

Arya35
  • Arya35

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:38 PM

I've faced people like yourself, and once I win you people friend request me, you join my lobby and I'll make you my bitch.

I've faced you tubers that say they're a beast in the air and I've won, what system are you on? I guarantee I'll kick your ass. And the jet does take skill to win you must've been killed with it repeatedly. You're probably one of those noobs who bitches and gets his ass kicked.

Oh and I'm not a l33t whatever, I've been the best in the lazer since online launched. I only use pure skill for my kill. I've defeated so many pilot clans that are good but can't beat me. So they weren't all noobs.

The jet takes no skill to use against people on the ground, and dogfights aren't that challenging either when the cannons can almost immediately destroy a jet.

OwensRacing
  • OwensRacing

LSAT

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

There's no need to be jealous, haters gonna hate.
Also your pole is wrong, no one cares about that sh*t pole. I don't just kill people in the lazer, I fly under buildings, bridges etc. I've been the best since gta 4. Still going strong!

WOW JUST WOW!

BoltedS3
  • BoltedS3

Survival to the fittest

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

The jet takes no skill to use against people on the ground, and dogfights aren't that challenging either when the cannons can almost immediately destroy a jet.

Snipers can take out Jets, (well could before people bitched) it's very easy to use a jet. It takes a decent amount of skill to kill in a dogfight (not a lot just a little)
Personally, dogfights aren't challenging to me anymore since I always win. Maybe it's just me, idk

Reemer
  • Reemer

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:11 PM

Neither does a Lazer, my 6 year old cousin got kills with it. 

Honestly. Its 'pull up, then swoop down while holding down X or A'.

And sniping a jet does take it down. Take a long time though.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:17 PM Edited by fw3, 01 August 2014 - 07:18 PM.

Lazer. Nerf. Question answered. Next?

476_01_brand_new_sealed_nerf_lazer_ta_10

• PS3_Pan likes this

PS3_Pan
  • PS3_Pan

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:20 PM

excuse me mr. E-peen contestants, please post a video of your flight DM.  I'd love to see who comes out on top after all this crap talking.

• Magick, OwensRacing and chili27 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users