Will we see a Lazer nerf?

151 replies to this topic
gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:53 AM

All this talk of skill, and how this takes skill, and this doesn't... is crap. The more practice you have, the better you'll get. At EVERYTHING.

• Bongsquirrel likes this

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:54 AM

The lazer needs a nerf for sure. The splash damage is way too high that it only takes one round to destroy a vehicle or another jet.

Mr Grandis
  • Mr Grandis

Scratch Here: ███████

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:14 AM

Just give us a handheld heat-seek missile, the fighter jet doesn't need to nerf.
  • TimelyMeerkat and Jeff Nesteruk like this

XXCrimsonXX
  • XXCrimsonXX

Potato

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:23 AM Edited by XXCrimsonXX, 01 August 2014 - 06:23 AM.

F*cking complainers like you are why the heavy sniper was nerfed. God I hate you people.

• Mr.Nedich, NDE108, Jeff Nesteruk and 1 other like this

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:45 AM

Jet takes no skill to use sorry

It does.
  • gizmonomono, Jeff Nesteruk and Agent_Ace like this

Otsd4rv4
  • Otsd4rv4

Yggdrasil

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:47 AM

Guess while we're at it, we should nerf all the guns.
  • gizmonomono and Jeff Nesteruk like this

n0tj0sh33
  • n0tj0sh33

H20 Lean Same Thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:50 AM

It does.

Nah just point and shoot exlosive rounds that destroy anything in one hit there is no skill in that.

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:54 AM

It does.

Nah just point and shoot exlosive rounds that destroy anything in one hit there is no skill in that.

That's just such a stupid thing to say. There's a golden rule you probably never heard of:

No matter how good you think you are, there's always someone better.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

If the jet is nerfed you'll see a lot more tanks.  Pick your choice, tanks roaming Los Santos like before or a couple jets here and then that destroy tanks and sometimes fly off or leave the lobby?

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:04 AM

If the jet is nerfed you'll see a lot more tanks.  Pick your choice, tanks roaming Los Santos like before or a couple jets here and then that destroy tanks and sometimes fly off or leave the lobby?

Jets are more annoying. More and more people are getting the hang of the jet and they're just impossible to run away from. One jet can pretty much circle the entire map at least 3 times before a tank finishes going from the east of ls all the way to the west. I'm kinda getting put off by sh*tty lazer pilots flying above my head like a damn mosquito all the time.

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:31 AM

It does.
What an ignorant thing to say.

Most "pilots" I come across end up crashing or nose diving to the ground when swooping to aim at a tank or the tank gets the kill. When I'm in the Lazer. I plan my approach by using 3rd person & face the camera above the plane to see where the tank is. I've taken out tanks & cars hiding under bridges & alley ways using a 90° angle with the landing gear down.
  • gizmonomono, Jeff Nesteruk and Agent_Ace like this

n0tj0sh33
  • n0tj0sh33

H20 Lean Same Thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

You don't even have to be accurate the splash damage radius is so large

• ezfaun likes this

Bill_Assassin
  • Bill_Assassin

Street Cat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

Have to say, trolling with a Lazer is very difficult, and I'd say I'm a decent player. No nerf required, if you can master a Lazer then you deserve to be feared.

Tanks are still the undisputed killing machine anyways and I've shot down quite a few Lazers with it as well.

• OwensRacing likes this

Chrunchip
  • Chrunchip

Homeboy

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:52 AM

With the Lazer currently being the new tank, do you think Rockstar will nerf it in a future update? If so, what adjustments would they make?

they won't touch the lazer but sadly will patch the passiv-sticky bomb thing – so the old tank will become the new tank again ;)

Goneinfiveseconds
  • Goneinfiveseconds

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:04 AM

R* should nerf its armor 3 heavy sniper shot should disable it,

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

It all comes down to your own play style. People who enjoy flying jets, are gonna be against this. Others, who don't like flying will say it needs to be nerfed. In the end, what ever Rockstar decides, someone is not going to like it. Just like everything else.

• Jeff Nesteruk likes this

Goneinfiveseconds
  • Goneinfiveseconds

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

I never lose in top fun mission thanks to its OP cannon and im not even a good pilot

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

I never lose in top fun mission thanks to its OP cannon and im not even a good pilot

Dude, it's not just hitting a target once. It staying alive and killing multiple targets. Being able to dodge sniper fire, miniguns, taking out other jets/buzzards on your tail... and all that without crashing into a skyscraper, a post or cranes.

• OwensRacing likes this

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:28 AM

R* should nerf its armor 3 heavy sniper shot should disable it,

It barely has any armor, which is unrealistic.
  • Jeff Nesteruk likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

SWANKNESS_11

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

They can nerf the Lazer if they transplant its guns onto the Annihilator.

Given how long it took them to nerf the almost-gamebreaking tank, my guess is they won't touch things though.

PS the Lazer has already been nerfed, speedwise.

Arya35
  • Arya35

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:54 AM

Any noob can learn to use it. My friend who seems to be clueless in gta online learnt to use the jet and is able to kill players with it. Give it a week and he'll be able to kill anyone in 2 strafes. Give it 2 weeks and he'll be able to perform dogfights and protect himself from other jets.

I 'mastered' the lazer before the high life update, so once we were able to destroy personal vehicles without a penalty I ended up just using the jet. It's not even fun because it isn't a challenge.

The only time when the lazer takes skill is when you are getting kills whilst flying though tunnels and under bridges, or when you are doing an inverted or barrel roll strafe. With the explosive cannons the jets take little skill, all you have to do is fly down, spray in the general area of the target and fly back up. Sure you may have to dodge obstacles, but with a little patience you can get the kill without risking the jet.

The problem the jet has over the tank, is how many kills you can get before you die, or are forced to get a new jet. I used my second character just for jet griefing a month ago, and in 2 hours of use, I got 175 kills, and didn't get killed once.

As soon you get sniped, you can easily just fly up, or fly low behind buildings. You could just try to avoid that sniper if you can't deal with him, but you can always go off the radar and surprise attack him.

The problem is larger when you face more than one jet. They can dominate the whole server with ease, and no player is a problem anymore since you can attack from multiple angles at once.

You may think that the jet takes skill to use, maybe that's because you haven't practiced enough yourself, but there's no denying that one jet, or more, can prevent any real movement in that session, since passive mode doesn't protect you in vehicles, and that is just ruining the experience of everyone in the lobby.

The jet should have its explosive cannons replaced with armour piercing rounds, so that you have to be accurate to get a kill on someone. Players in jets should also be forced to pay insurance again when they destroy a personal vehicle.

If the jet should be nerfed, the buzzard should have an armour buff. I can still kill players with the buzzard, but after 5 kills or so, I get shot enough that I'm forced to land. Unlike the jet, you are forced to get near your target for a longer period of time, and are moving more slowly, so even if you didn't get sniped out, you are going to get damaged pretty quickly. We also need the options to remove lock on rockets.

Hopefully the Hydra won't have explosive cannons, and won't just have lock on rockets so they aren't useless.

If you don't believe me feel free to ask for my gamertag and I might try to get you in a session with a few players in a jet.

Smesi
  • Smesi

Back to TF2

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:59 AM Edited by Smesi., 01 August 2014 - 11:00 AM.

Even doe most of the time i get sh*tfaced by the Lazer,Its dosent need a nerf,its takes like a litte amount of skill to use it,Unlike the Rhino.

Goneinfiveseconds
  • Goneinfiveseconds

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:02 AM

R* should remove its A10 cannon and put it in titan so we can have titan gunship

Cwinny24
  • Cwinny24

Hustler

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

Mini gun, problem solved.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

I guess it's because I've been hearing more sob stories of jet griefers than of tank griefers in recent times.

Heavy Sniper, 2-3 shots on a jet, and problem solved or why not go get your own jet and stop the person yourself If they're a problem? People who complain about it do so because they can't stop those type of people and just want the easy way out.

Actually it's more like 5-6 shots. I used to think the jet was hard to fly but it's actually quite easy if you crank your sensitivity to nothing. Unfortunately then you can't do anything else so you gotta keep adjusting it back and forth when not in a jet, which is annoying. It's also pretty hard to get your own jet when there's a jet guarding the base and any good pilot does when others try to get a jet. Off the radar doesn't last near long enough to let you get one without them noticing and coming to stop you before you can.

Its hard to take out a good pilot without help.

I see them having to do something because it's currently like the tank used to be, without a balanced counter. Perhaps making it possible to aquire one from multiple locations or adding some sort of AA guns or heat seeking missile maybe. Hard to say but something will be changed for sure.

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

R* should remove its A10 cannon and put it in titan so we can have titan gunship

That would be awesome. I don't particularly care if a vehicle is overpowered. If it's available to everyone it's fair game. With that said, I'm opened to new additions to the game. No need to remove anything.

Arya35
  • Arya35

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

I guess it's because I've been hearing more sob stories of jet griefers than of tank griefers in recent times.

Heavy Sniper, 2-3 shots on a jet, and problem solved or why not go get your own jet and stop the person yourself If they're a problem? People who complain about it do so because they can't stop those type of people and just want the easy way out.

Actually it's more like 5-6 shots. I used to think the jet was hard to fly but it's actually quite easy if you crank your sensitivity to nothing. Unfortunately then you can't do anything else so you gotta keep adjusting it back and forth when not in a jet, which is annoying. It's also pretty hard to get your own jet when there's a jet guarding the base and any good pilot does when others try to get a jet. Off the radar doesn't last near long enough to let you get one without them noticing and coming to stop you before you can.
I see them having to do something because it's currently like the tank used to be, without a balanced counter. Perhaps making it possible to aquire one from multiple locations or adding some sort of AA guns or heat seeking missile maybe. Hard to say but something will be changed for sure.

What difference does a change in sensitivity make?

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

I think being armed with 2 cannons is a little extreme. One cannon would suffice, and it would be more realistic because both the F-16 and F-35 (the Lazer's IRL counterparts) only come armed with one cannon.

True, but then again, IRL the single cannon has more then a 200ft range.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:56 AM

What difference does a change in sensitivity make?

Control. Is this your first game ever? Sensitivity is key to customizing controls to your liking. Set properly it makes things much easier. Especially with sh*tty console controllers and their small range of motion. For example finding the sensitivity balance between being able to quickly and accurately scope a head shot and not sacrifice too much close range turning speed gives you an advantage over players who don't have it set correctly. While you struggle to find me in your scope cause you move too fast at long distance I've already shot you in the head cause my sensitivity has been adjusted to my needs.

Since there is only 2 adjustments and everything uses the same ones it's less than ideal for a pro gamer. On high sensitivity the jet turns too far too fast with the tiniest movement of the stick to be accurate when trying to use cannons to kill something, likewise if on low you can't turn around fast enough to shoot someone before they shoot you when walking around.

Games like battlefield on the pc have a separate sensitivity setting for every vehicle/sniper scope/regular walking around scenario which is ideal while this game doesn't so you sacrifice control or have to constantly adjust them for certain situations which sucks.

Ayylien
  • Ayylien

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

Probably, it's easy to get kills when you change the camera mode to the big reticle. I don't how they'll nerf it though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users