Quantcast

» «
Photo

if they did make a gta online movie would you watch it?

67 replies to this topic

Poll: if they did make a gta online movie would you watch it? (139 member(s) have cast votes)

if did make a movie based on gta online would you go and see it?

1. yes (40 votes [28.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.78%

2. no (76 votes [54.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.68%

3. i'd wait until it was on video/ or stream it fron netflixs. (23 votes [16.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote
DRFT571
  • DRFT571

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:04 PM

GTA Online experience varies on person to person because the main character is someone personal so a gta online movie would be impossible unless you wanna make machinima thats a different story

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ya gold is mine bruh

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:24 PM

People causing chaos with tanks, duplicating vehicles and being deleted. What a movie. :p

zSaintX
  • zSaintX

GT: z CarlosSaintz (in case you find me)

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:36 PM Edited by zSaintX, 02 August 2014 - 11:37 PM.

They already did. More than one.

Even an animated one.

https://www.youtube....h?v=2vlM8RypMbA

factoryfreshfishfap
  • factoryfreshfishfap

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:54 AM

[/quote]
It's entirely possible for two films with very similar themes to be very different. Is Scarface the same film as Goodfellas? No it isn't.

I think that over the years GTA has defined its own sense of personality to the extent that it would have a certain individuality in a film.

Do you really think there isn't room out there for more than one modern, stylish gangster film?[/quote]

It was a joke, you don't gotta get your shorts all tightened up about it, man...

And I've already pointed it out, but I guess I need to again --- that sense of personality that defines GTA you mentioned? It was lifted from a bunch of different movies; almost the entire plots and overall themes, plus tons of scenes and dialogue from each game are near mirror images of both popular and obscure movies. So in reality, there's no need for a GTA movie, just watch movies from all sorts of genre's from different era's, eventually you'll have watched the entire movie version of each game.

And sure, there's room for another gangster film...but it's a video game adaptation, and Uwe Boll exists, so there's always a chance it could be REALLY entertaining instead.

GTA_dog
  • GTA_dog

Est. 93

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:16 AM

I only say yes if it's in 3D-HD with the cutscene idea, like The Introduction for San Andreas was. It  then would mean more cities, which would ultimately mean we could play in these cities from the movie DLC or something.

No way it would ever happen.

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Mark Chump

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:07 AM

[quote name="factoryfreshfishfap" post="1065921461" timestamp="1407045286"]

[/quote]
It's entirely possible for two films with very similar themes to be very different. Is Scarface the same film as Goodfellas? No it isn't.

I think that over the years GTA has defined its own sense of personality to the extent that it would have a certain individuality in a film.

Do you really think there isn't room out there for more than one modern, stylish gangster film?[/quote]

It was a joke, you don't gotta get your shorts all tightened up about it, man...

And I've already pointed it out, but I guess I need to again --- that sense of personality that defines GTA you mentioned? It was lifted from a bunch of different movies; almost the entire plots and overall themes, plus tons of scenes and dialogue from each game are near mirror images of both popular and obscure movies. So in reality, there's no need for a GTA movie, just watch movies from all sorts of genre's from different era's, eventually you'll have watched the entire movie version of each game.

And sure, there's room for another gangster film...but it's a video game adaptation, and Uwe Boll exists, so there's always a chance it could be REALLY entertaining instead.[/quote]

You seem to basically be saying that everything in GTA has been done before, but you could say the same about films. You may as well say that there's no point ever watching another film because you've already seen everything there is to see.

I disagree that GTA doesn't have its own style. Yes it does reference a lot of movies but so does Tarantino and he's not exactly a tired old cliche.

If the question was do I think a GTA movie would be a good idea commercially then no not really, although the fan base is huge so it wouldn't be the worst choice for a game to film adaptation.

But seeing as the question was would I personally like to see a new smart mouth gangster film then yes why not. If it was terrible then I wouldn't bother but I would say that for any new film.

NyesOnolt
  • NyesOnolt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

If that movie maker for the pc version is any good I'll make a movie using GTA V/Online but it won't be about GTA Online.

TheTruthIsFree
  • TheTruthIsFree

TruBeast_v2 GTA's Stephen Curry

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

Lol lls, the actors they'd kill the f*cking directors if they had an chance. That'd perfectly represent most of the GTAO community's mindset and psychotic level.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users