Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you play like your rank?

80 replies to this topic
Minty_Marksman
  • Minty_Marksman

You try your best, but it's not quite there.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

If being rank 120+ means being a colossal douche then yes, i do play like my rank.

• Tobbeh likes this

LeopardGecko
  • LeopardGecko

GTA biker

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

I never tried to go from poor thug to rich high roller.I´m almost rank 100 and I still wear leather jacket and jeans,I drive mostly muscle cars and sport classics and ride chopper bikes,I often hang around Blaine County or south-east Los Santos and the only reason I have luxury apartments is because of their large garages.I don´t find that crime-boss-in-an-expensive-suit-driving-luxury-super-car role play interesting,mostly because the game doesn´t allow me to live like that(you can´t hire NPCs or other players to rob stores and armored trucks or sell stolen vehicles to make money for you,you have to do it yourself),so why pretend to be a high roller when I´m really just a thug no matter what rank I am or how much money I have.

LawstFawkz
  • LawstFawkz

SnapOn Shooter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:58 PM

Rank 172, two garages, one ten car garage full of supers and sports, the other full of classics and rares. Have bought and either sold or kept every car on legendary. Tank rampage every few sessions, monster truckin and flying around in a private jet. Yea, I'd say I play my rank pretty well.

The DAZ
  • The DAZ

That guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:01 PM

Well level 1-200 I dressed like a thug with tatoos sweatpants and t-shirts spamming rockets,assault shotgun and minigun. But then I joined and left a crew within a day and if I took anything from them is that constantl using those those weapons was pussylike. So I did a glitch had a sex change and now only use advance rifle/assault smg and heavy sniper. People dont notice my lvl at all and get upset when I dont use power weapons. I drive whatever I want which according to some is cheap considering I own only 3 supers compared to others chromed out super collection. 

MythicRare
  • MythicRare

Twisted Samurai

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:32 PM

Heh, funnily enough, yes. I wore leather jackets and jeans, and drove a Gauntlet when I started out, then wore a vest after getting a middle-class apartment, and then moved up to wearing a suit and tie and drove more luxurious cars after getting a high-end apartment.

Wasn't really trying to role-play as if I were rising up the ranks or anything, just felt a little strange to wear a suit while in some dingy little apartment early on in the game, and cheap clothing when in a high-class apartment building.

Are you... me?

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:44 PM

Well, basically this:

When I started at rank 3:
2vwhjbq.jpg

By the time I hit rank 120 I was like:
2qupsah.jpg

I haven't looked back since lol
  • lihety and Tobbeh like this

Balds5
  • Balds5

GLHF

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:53 AM

I supose i play as my rank on most things like i have 20 cars and two expensive apartments very close to each other but i dress myself in all black so that its harder to spot me while sniping or in deathmatches

Pyramid_Head
  • Pyramid_Head

TheKAC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:29 AM

I would say I do actually. When I started out I would rob stores for money but now that money isn't an issue, I haven't robbed a store in months. Feels great being a high rank.

godziller
  • godziller

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:57 AM

I look the same...play the same...I have more cars though...so rank hasn't affected me much...

rzurita01
  • rzurita01

Boom Bap Rap

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:00 AM

I started helping people a lot and my k/d when down by .6 ....smh

Bastean
  • Bastean

Meow

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:14 AM

If only we had some heists to do...

xoC18H21NO3xo
  • xoC18H21NO3xo

GTA Addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:15 AM

I dressed like a slut when the Beach Bum update dropped, but for the most part my character (affectionately called by self and others: Girlie) is a psychotic, know-it-all , sexy cowgirl. In about one half hour, she will be 895. She never had to slum it due to that $500k stimulus! However, she owns two homes in Paleto Bay, drives mainly a Bifta and Bodhi. Might have to sell one of the Paleto properties in exchange for a ten-car garage.

I agree with Elfroam, the higher level should be more efficient when it comes to missions. I expect anyone over 150 to at least show up with their own vehicle. As far as racing and deathmatch go, rank has nothing to do with it. Like in real life I can't drive on the damn game either.

• RandomCholo likes this

iCynical1018
  • iCynical1018

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:42 AM

Holy sh*t! My topic is hot!  *nerdgasm*

Horndog_SA
  • Horndog_SA

Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:54 AM

I RACE and thats that, my rank, or majority of it comes from racing, 99% of the time i win claiming my 5000 RP or 10000 RP for dbl RP weekends which i totally rape.

Myoyoy
  • Myoyoy

Playa

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

is that rhyming slang? if it is then yes!!

Warlordfrost
  • Warlordfrost

Mentally Stable Killer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:01 AM

In the 240s so yes I play like my rank, by not playing and just waiting for something new

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:12 AM

I'm level 200+ on both chars, I play in invite only sessions, IDGAF about other players

CaptainMental
  • CaptainMental

Speedballer

• Members
  • Malta

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:23 AM Edited by CaptainMental, 03 August 2014 - 10:24 AM.

I created my online character but played the single player instead so I didnt see much of GTAO. When I finished the main story and all the side missions I returned to GTAO, was ranked 1. Meanwhile Rockstar had given out 500K to every player as a compensation for bugs etc so I was pretty stashed...I googled what to do with my money and there was a guy on a blog recommending what to do with the 500K. I bought a medium apartment i upper LS, a Pegassi Vacca (boy, I thought it was so fast!) and the Bati 801. I met some people online whose crew I joined and I just played with them, accepting invitations. Fairly soon the modder giveaway of billions came and I received a huge amount which made me more motivated to rank up and unlock stuff.

Now Im ranked +150, unlocked everything but a few tattoos, and I really don't play as such, sometimes I'm severly owned by players ranked 20. Im getting better with the Lazer though and Im pretty good with the Vestra and other aircrafts. I prefer motorcycles over cars and I still dont use the handbrake to cut corners. :)

Jags666
  • Jags666

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:33 AM

Started of in Jeans and a T, went for the more slick casual as the millions rolled in but now I'm broke again - back to the jeans and Ts

Tobbeh
  • Tobbeh

Sauce man

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:36 AM

Rank 700
People stereotype me as a hacker, when I'm really not. So they friend request me and expect me to give th RP mods or some shxt.

I just got lucky and spammed the early RP glitches from 2013 before they were patched.

Other than that I suck asz at gunfights and death matches. But I'm skilled at Missions and Races tho.

Off topic: Always try to aim for the head when you autoaim in.
On topic: Rank matters until 100, anything after is just bragging rights somewhat.

• Jags666 likes this

Jags666
  • Jags666

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:40 AM

Not really.  rank is nothing but a number. :p

Good point and totally agree with you however, there are some who take one look at your rank and will kick you from the lobby without a second thought.

I am rank 271 and the majority of the RP was got through racing. Over the last few weeks, I have gotten into doing more DMs and, to be honest, I'm probably about average but that does not stop me being kicked due to having a high(ish) rank even though those of a lesser rank may well be better then me at DMs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users