Welcome guys, to the return of the Barclays Fantasy Premier League for the 2014/15 season.
The rules are fairly straight forward, so it's fitting this topic will go along the same lines.
- Each player has an initial budget of £100M to spend on their squad.
- A player's squad must contain 2 goalkeepers, 5 defenders, 5 midfielders and 3 forwards in total.
- A captain and vice-captain must be selected and the captain of your team will score double points (eg. an assist is normally worth 3 points but will be worth 6 points) and the vice-captain will automatically become your captain if your original captain did not play for that gameweek.
- You can select up to 3 players from a single BPL team.
- Like any other team in football, only 11 players can be played at one time, meaning the remaining 4 players will be on the bench and can not score you any points.
- After selecting your squad, you can still buy and sell players by making transfers. You have unlimited transfers until the Premier League starts on the 16th August. After this deadline, you have the option to make one free transfer per gameweek and any transfer after this will deduct 4 points from your total points.
- A wildcard gives you the option to make a free transfers at any point in the season; even if you've already used your free transfer for that gameweek. You have 2 wildcards for the whole season so use them wisely.
- Be aware that players in your squad may become injured or unavailable throughout the season, so be sure to check your team regularly and make changes if necessary to give you the best possible chance of winning.
The link for the site:
Hopefully I didn't make things too complicated, but if I did, refer to the link below for FAQs and Rules.
Now, if you wish to participate, if you could post a screenshot or printscreen of your team along with your team-name, that'd be swell
The code to join the GTAForums League, is '464198-181986'
Not sure how popular this will be but the more the merrier.
Good luck everyone
(Knowing me, I've probably forgot something really important because I'm a douche. If this is the case, give us a shout)