Photo

Debug Mode

2 replies to this topic
(insert name here)
  • (insert name here)

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:52 PM Edited by (insert name here), 31 July 2014 - 06:35 PM.

I've been fiddling with the main.scm file in GTA3 using Sanny Builder.  I've been adding little bits of code to make the city feel a little more alive (making taxis pick up pedestrians occasionally or making the car crusher actively picking up a random car as you approach it being a couple examples).  I've been placing these threads in the area where all the other background threads are (such as the thread that makes hobos spawn in the tunnel under Saint Marks or the thread that make the store clerk appear in the Ammunation).  Unfortunately, I've noticed my game has started to crash occasionally, seemingly at random.  I'm assuming it's one of my new background threads that's causing the problem, but I can't for the life of me figure out which one or where in the thread the problem is originating.  The way I normally debug code is by using 00BC to make messages appear at the bottom of the screen so I know where the game is in the thread.  However, adding the 00BC opcode to every single part of my existing code that I've made so far would be horribly tedious.  So my question is: Is there some sort of debug mode that can be used to constantly show exactly what code the game is executing (in another window or in the game window) so that when it crashes I can see exactly where it stopped?  If not, does anyone have any other suggestions for pin-pointing bad code over the 00BC method that I currently use?

Right, so I went back and read the FAQ thread at the top of this board (which I passed over like a dope before) and found this little gizmo.  It seems to do the trick.  Now I just have to wait for the game to crash again while I'm using this tool.  I'd delete this thread since it's basically just me answering my own question by reading the FAQ thread, but I can't seem to find the delete button anywhere.

Seemann
  • Seemann

Ruhe

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2013 "Sanny Builder"

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:38 PM

try one of these tools.

http://public.sannyb..._Exceptions.rar

I've been keeping them for ten years already and not sure if they work at all, however they should fit your needs perfectly.

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:43 PM

You can also give a try on SCRLog, which is useful to know every detail of the execution of the scripts after a crash.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users