Photo

GTA IV now look as good as GTA V-If you have a PC

79 replies to this topic
Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Superfly

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:50 PM Edited by Andreas, 26 August 2014 - 12:32 PM. Removed quote-train.

The one I tagged with bold. Try thinking twice. Not everyone shares the same view as yours.

You're really reaching now..

Maryo_Nicle7
  • Maryo_Nicle7

Formerly known as Rizqan7

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:26 PM Edited by Rizqan, 26 August 2014 - 12:27 PM.

GTA IV doesn't look good as GTA V as long as there's NO DRIVEABLE PLANES!!

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:29 PM

GTA IV doesn't look good as GTA V as long as there's NO DRIVEABLE PLANES!!

How does that affect the visuals?

• MiamiViceCity likes this

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:55 PM Edited by Andreas, 26 August 2014 - 06:00 PM.

I know ICEnhancer was a real eyegasm to look at, but it ruined GTA IV's dark atmosphere.

Which in my opinion makes the game better to play, this "Dark atmosphere" you're talking about just made the game look really dull and boring.

Edit: Colors, ever heard of it?

Personally, I prefer the dark atmosphere of the vanilla game over any mod that tries to brighten it up. The game looks fine as it is, in my opinion. I don't agree that brightness, contrast and saturation make little difference. In fact, they can make an absolutely massive difference. They decide whether the game is grey and dull, or overly bright and full of colours, or a reasonable mix between both.

This is what you get if you put all sliders to the minimum:
T0PsPkJ.png

This is what you get if you put all sliders to the maximum:
glgFUUI.png

And this is what you get if you have a reasonable mix between brightness, saturation and contrast:
YWRHhCx.png

Of course, the game isn't as colorful as V. It's set in Liberty City and that in autumn. What else would you expect from it? As I said before, it isn't just the season that plays a role. IV's colours reflect the mood of Rockstar at the time they were developing the game. And, in my opinion, it fits to it very well because of its story and its characters, the underground of Liberty City, and more.

To me, it doesn't matter that IV is over six years old, that the game's mechanics are dated and that the graphics are not up-to-date. It's a video game, it looks pretty for a 2008 game and it doesn't even matter, in the end, because I play a game for fun, and not for its graphics. V is better in that regard but again, what else would you expect? It's the latest iteration of the series, so better graphics are to be expected -- it would be laughable, to say the least, if that weren't the case.
  • MiamiViceCity, Shou, BlackScout and 3 others like this

Clxbsport
  • Clxbsport

Schafter V12 | Chiron

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:49 PM Edited by Andreas, 30 August 2014 - 05:07 PM. Removed IMG tags.

Personally, I prefer the dark atmosphere of the vanilla game over any mod that tries to brighten it up. The game looks fine as it is, in my opinion. I don't agree that brightness, contrast and saturation make little difference. In fact, they can make an absolutely massive difference. They decide whether the game is grey and dull, or overly bright and full of colours, or a reasonable mix between both.

This is what you get if you put all sliders to the minimum:
http://i.imgur.com/IgM6pgE.png

This is what you get if you put all sliders to the maximum:
http://i.imgur.com/LhBKxqs.png

And this is what you get if you have a reasonable mix between brightness, saturation and contrast:
http://i.imgur.com/QGzwU7R.png

Of course, the game isn't as colorful as V. It's set in Liberty City and that in autumn. What else would you expect from it? As I said before, it isn't just the season that plays a role. IV's colours reflect the mood of Rockstar at the time they were developing the game. And, in my opinion, it fits to it very well because of its story and its characters, the underground of Liberty City, and more.

To me, it doesn't matter that IV is over six years old, that the game's mechanics are dated and that the graphics are not up-to-date. It's a video game, it looks pretty for a 2008 game and it doesn't even matter, in the end, because I play a game for fun, and not for its graphics. V is better in that regard but again, what else would you expect? It's the latest iteration of the series, so better graphics are to be expected -- it would be laughable, to say the least, if that weren't the case.

THIS. IMO, I would put in ENBs or ICEnhancers only for the sake of TBoGT because of its colorful, nightlife atmosphere. But for GTA IV and TLaD? Oh no.

GTA V will look better by default, with or without ENBs in IV.

Jerome
  • Jerome

110% legal

• Facade Corporation
  • Canada

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:00 PM

awesome mod :D, it doesn't look like GTA V but more like Gran turismo 5 IMO, sad that my PC is too weak to handle it... :(

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:05 AM

I think that once they make this for V new enhanced engine, it might even look better then the orginal one don't you think?

• MiamiViceCity, CartmanKusanagi and Choteron like this

Choteron
  • Choteron

Cockstar

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:26 AM

I think that once they make this for V new enhanced engine, it might even look better then the orginal one don't you think?

Yes, this look much better and fun that Watch Dogs. I cant imagine how insane will be the mods in V

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

Anjunakek

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

Wow, that looks perfect ;D ^^

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

This looks real nice but tbh I still think regular unmodded IV at max settings looks the best. These graphic mods add some great looking features (although most people make everything way too shiny and bloomy for my taste). But it's only a shiny new coat of paint, the blingy car paint shaders look out of place against the backgrounds and without the necessary upgrade and normal and bump mapping.

What makes IV look as good as it does is that everything fits in well with everything else. It's all roughly the same level of detail and complexity so everything looks like it belongs in that world. Once you add things that are more detailed and maybe even prettier on their own, it does ruin it. Your shiny flashy real world car focuses my attention on the blocky and cartoony peds or how out of place the other cars look.

I've read interviews with rockstar people that mentioned the above as their explicit design philosophy.
  • Andreas likes this

xboxshqip
  • xboxshqip

Crackhead

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:49 AM

in my opinion is not true at all

what this mod do is play with the filters 

is like playing gta 5 with the filters of the iFruit totality useless never liked ENB or iCEnhancer

Graven
  • Graven

Boss

• The Connection
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GFX]
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:13 AM

If Your PC sucks but You want ENB, spread a layer of jelly on Your screen.
  • Ruscris2 and VIPΣR like this

Määhhh
  • Määhhh

What are you looking at?

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:44 AM

I love to mod IV. Make a screenshot minutes ago. When it looks in the end of the day like this, im happy. The vanilla game is ugly and old. Without enb and script mods and HD Textures, i even not thinking to play it. If V releases okt/nov, i never ever play IV anymore.

e84civ.jpg

• Lowi likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:32 AM Edited by Xerukal, 03 September 2014 - 11:50 AM.

IV's visuals may be outdated, but just like V on console, it can shine when it comes to sunsets and other weather/time of day conditions.

Observe.

Spoiler

It's obviously no V when it comes to the engine. This is a very young RAGE we're talking about. But still, it's not an ugly game. It holds up quite decently after 6 damn years. The same couldn't be said for San Andreas back in 2010, lol.

Also, the pictures are touched up a bit to remove some of that raw screenshot feel. Toned down the brightness a bit and added some basic color changes. Nothing too major. Still the same deal, really. The type of stuff you'd see in Rockstar's official screenshots, though I'd rather not compare my rushed sh*t to their carefully edited "bullshots" :lol:.

• MiamiViceCity likes this

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:48 AM

Further to my comment..I totally get the appeal of tinkering with mods and with the graphics. Im a 3d artist myself, so I wasn't dissing modders in any way. Just pointing out that personally I prefer to play my games as intended.

I'm not bothered by old fashioned graphics if the design is good. I'm playing dishonored now and one way of looking at it is that it has muddy textures, puppet like characters and blocky environments..but it's interesting to look at and builds a world that makes sense. It's awesome! Then when I look at how battlefield renders a factory warehouse in glorious detail I'm bored... It's still a f*cking warehouse.

KogerOnControls
  • KogerOnControls

Uneducated guess

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:24 PM

in my opinion is not true at all

what this mod do is play with the filters 

is like playing gta 5 with the filters of the iFruit totality useless never liked ENB or iCEnhancer

Yeah ....Playing with the filters... This mod doesn't add such things as new effects , SSAO , ambient occlusion , depth of field , bloom , lens flares , indirect lighting , anti-alisasing , sharpening , motion blur and overall improved visuals at all...It's just "playing with the filters".

Määhhh
  • Määhhh

What are you looking at?

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:58 PM Edited by Määhhh, 03 September 2014 - 12:59 PM.

Spoiler

Xerukal, your absolutly right. But this is not what im saying. I played IV the first time at release on console, and the atmosphere and look of the world was amazing. But, it was the first time ive played it. Now we are in 2014, and i played it for years on pc.

My point is, the Game is compared to a modded game a bit lifeless. I played it without mods and it makes no fun. I know its relativily, but thats my point and taste of the game. What R* did in 2008 was a great game, no doubt about. Today, i think most people would not play it without any Modifications.

But the gist im trying to explain is, it makes fun as hell to see the change of the visuals and gameplay implemented by yourself, thanks to all great modders out there. ;)

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:11 PM Edited by Khaos89, 05 September 2014 - 07:16 PM.

A screenshot I took 10 minutes ago, the lack of anti-aliasing is bugging me, I'm working on it. I'd advise against iCEnhancer, there are far better and less resourceful ENB presets out there. I also agree with what Spider-Vice says, no matter how many mods you use, the dated engine ruins it.

zvumXls.jpg

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:08 PM Edited by Cyper, 10 September 2014 - 04:14 PM.

I don't like ienhancer so much. I prefer the ultimate graphic mod. Because the ultimate graphic mod feels more natural in its colors.

3 examples.

2lmtnr6.jpg

wlsjmp.jpg

nq5ykk.jpg

• Khaos89 likes this

DEERxBanshee
  • DEERxBanshee

Badder den dem

• Members

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:23 PM

The graphic mods honestly ruin the game for me (IV)..too bright and shiny. The original graphics like others have said add to the atmosphere of the game..the game wasn't meant to be bright and shiny!! But, to each their own as the saying goes..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users