Source:http://www.polygon.c...cer-3-mod-gta-5

• milkmansun and AAR like this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:05 PM

GTA IV has look better than GTA V before it was released, if you had a PC.

• Tomasak, gunziness, lol232 and 7 others like this

BisP
  • BisP

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:08 PM Edited by sibs44, 31 July 2014 - 02:08 PM.

If the PC version has GI, then you can say it's better than this.  :santa:

• Muffins likes this

qweqwu
  • qweqwu

Shut up, kid.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:10 PM Edited by qweqwu, 31 July 2014 - 02:12 PM.

It might look good, but it just isn't as complex and diverse as gta v.

Even with all the mods, you can still see it's age.

• CheatingSoi and dartzreunion like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:17 PM Edited by Xerukal, 31 July 2014 - 02:19 PM.

It might look good, but it just isn't as complex and diverse as gta v.

Even with all the mods, you can still see it's age.

Mhm. This. 

No matter how much eye candy you slap onto it, the version of RAGE GTA IV is running on is just way too old. This becomes so evident when you just look at GTA V and even Max Payne 3, and then you go and look at IV and it just feels old. You can tell its age. But it really speaks to how far RAGE has come in these 5 or 6 years of its existence. We all know it must be a bitch to work with, but it is the perfect engine for GTA right now. 

Not only visually, but optimization-wise as well. I'm sure everyone has heard the praise V received for actually managing to run on 360 and PS3 hardware, but then there's also the pleasant surprise that was Max Payne 3's PC version. Both of these cases prove that the RAGE engine has advanced way too much for anyone to still hold onto IV as visually or technologically superior. It really isn't. I'm not saying people actually think this, but some do tend to get deceived by their own nostalgia (although I obviously understand preference of atmosphere or art style). 

Nevertheless, we have so much to look forward to with V on PC. All of these ENBs running on a new version of RAGE? It'll be absolutely f*cking insane. This is coming from someone who doesn't use ENBs in his GTA games, too. I like the natural beauty of all GTA games. No ENBs, no touching up. But I still can't help but be in awe at what some people have accomplished with this turd of a PC version :p.

• Th3MaN1, Nick Testbranch, UnderMeister and 4 others like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:18 PM

*puts on anti-flame vest*

Honestly, ICEnhancer is sh*t. I dislike artificial graphics mods a lot, they just ruin the mood of the original game. And to be honest it looks nothing like V, V next-gen still looks better than IV with ICEnhancer or ENB, really... There's only so much RAGE and a few DirectX hooks can do in the IV version.

• gamerzworld, Gouveia, Graven and 10 others like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:20 PM Edited by Xerukal, 31 July 2014 - 02:21 PM.

Honestly, ICEnhancer is sh*t. I dislike artificial graphics mods a lot, they just ruin the mood of the original game. And to be honest it looks nothing like V, V next-gen still looks better than IV with ICEnhancer or ENB, really... There's only so much RAGE and a few DirectX hooks can do in the IV version.

I think that, for simply admiring realism and detail, ENBs are good. 

But I would never actually play through a game with one. I enjoy what they do visually, but I do admit that they tend to ruin the atmosphere. Unless we're talking about very specific ENBs that aim to enhance the existing atmosphere. 

As I said in my post just now, I always prefer the natural beauty (or ugliness) of a game rather than something artificial. As well made as it may be, I still enjoy seeing something look and, more importantly, feel nice on its own.

• Spider-Vice, CheatingSoi, BlackScout and 3 others like this

nan0s0ldier
  • nan0s0ldier

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

I prefer a vanilla game tbh... but those GFX wow :O

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

This. I know ICEnhancer was a real eyegasm to look at, but it ruined GTA IV's dark atmosphere.

• Spider-Vice likes this

Choteron
  • Choteron

Cockstar

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:29 PM Edited by Choteron, 31 July 2014 - 03:30 PM.

I dislike artificial graphics mods a lot, they just ruin the mood of the original game.

Agreed. Ruin the atmosphere of the game.

Because that i never play GTA games with graphics mods.

• Kampret likes this

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:41 PM

Honestly, ICEnhancer is sh*t. I dislike artificial graphics mods a lot, they just ruin the mood of the original game.

IV's mood sucks. It gets old after you finish the game and it's 10 times worse in TLAD. It just feels wrong, like they didn't put any effort. I can't play IV these days without at least a new timecyc.

ICEnhancer is beautiful, but there are better less-marketed alternatives.

• Snorlax likes this

ARC8_1982
  • ARC8_1982

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:03 PM

Still im amazed how Max Payne 3 engine looks wish it GTA V was graphically similiar to Max Payne 3 also mechanics of Max Payne 3 are amazing and better,sorry but thats the fact,as for GTA IV looks good even today but it's showing it's age.

VCR
  • VCR

plus+

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

my computer would get a hernia trying to push that hard

Andreas
  • Andreas

Leone Family Mafia

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:22 PM

The majority of graphic mods aren't looking that good, in my opinion. ICEnhancer 3.0 looks fairly good, but it definitely has its flaws. The one thing I dislike the most about it, is the fact that it completely ruins the atmosphere of the game. IV is supposed to be gritty and dark, because that is how the story is and it fits quite well to the characters and the underground of Liberty City.

I download mods of that sort every now and then, but none of them last long on my PC; I remove them after only a few days most of the time, simply because I prefer the vanilla game.
  • BlackScout, Xerukal, Mintal and 2 others like this

Geeteeaifive
  • Geeteeaifive

Andrew

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:06 PM Edited by Geeteeaifive, 31 July 2014 - 07:13 PM.

Whoa whoa... just wait till you see gta v modded graphics, as if pc isn't enough, i'm sure itll look 2 times better on pc than on next gen consoles. And then about 5 times better with mods than anything.

The majority of graphic mods aren't looking that good, in my opinion. ICEnhancer 3.0 looks fairly good, but it definitely has its flaws. The one thing I dislike the most about it, is the fact that it completely ruins the atmosphere of the game. IV is supposed to be gritty and dark, because that is how the story is and it fits quite well to the characters and the underground of Liberty City.

I download mods of that sort every now and then, but none of them last long on my PC; I remove them after only a few days most of the time, simply because I prefer the vanilla game.

This right here. I don't like mods that mess up the original game atmosphere. Lore friendly, original content friendly stuff only. Also enhanced graphics but no over the top enb sht.

after watching the vid... still, you gotta be mirin those graphics. It will probably look as good as gta v next gen console version. Running on an older engine. I can't wait to see what they can do with gta v. Cuz this enb thing basically works on any game with a few tweaks.

• VCR likes this

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

Heh, i'm a bit tired of these mods to be honest. There are always side effects, red sky, or screwed up unwatchable cinematics or else.

Snorlax
  • Snorlax

Thug

• Members
  • Armenia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:07 PM Edited by Snorlax, 31 July 2014 - 09:12 PM.

icehancer is just another custom enb preset, not sure why it continues to get so much attention. i'm currently playing through eflc with it, and tbh, i much perfer his earlier work. 1.25 and 1.35 were his best presets imo. and there are better enb presets out there, ones that enhance the atmosphereof the original rather than completely altering it.

anyways, about gta v and enb; i don't think there's a need for it. if you've played it (i used to have it on ps3), then you should be aware of just how beautiful this game looks even on on the last-gen consoles. sure, many of the textures looked muddy and low-res (while others looked crisp and nicely detailed), there was pop-in, no AA, and poor draw distance, but the lighting was absolutely superb and the attention to detail insanse. the art direction is amazing and as a native of southern california, i can say they really manged to capture the vibe and atmosphere of the region perfectly.

there's also a few other things to consider here. ENB only supports DX9, so unless boris (enb creator) updates it to work with DX11, it simply won't work. it's not even certain if rockstar will include a DX9 option, but even if they do, why would someone seeking to improve graphical fidelty opt to play in DX9 and sacrifice the inevitably superior features that will be available in DX11? just for enb? i don't think that's a good trade off. the DX11 version of GTA V will bring with it a lot of improvements and options not available in the "last-gen" version (DX9, assuming that's what "last-gen mode" in the dev logs actually means)

the only thing(s) i will probably mod are are  textures, the lower-res ones and that's it. again, GTA V is a gorgeous game as it is on last-gen hardware. i'm a hardcore PC gamer and a "graphics whore" to boot, so i'm no slouch when it comes to recognizing impressive visuals. this game was very impressive even on ps3, on PC it's going to look "holy sht!" good.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

You can still get a gloomy atmosphere using graphic modifications but it’s true that it’s normally far from the vanilla one.

I don't really like Icenhancer, it looks too cold and lifeless, but there's still a wide range of ENBs to choose between.

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:12 PM

I hate these ugly graphic mods...

Snorlax
  • Snorlax

Thug

• Members
  • Armenia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:18 PM Edited by Snorlax, 31 July 2014 - 09:19 PM.

and yep, no matter what people do with GTA IV, it really shows it's age now when compared to newer versions of RAGE engine games like max payne 3 and even red dead redemption. both of those look a lot better than GTA IV. GTA IV was RAGE in it's infancy, the engine has been vastly improved since then.

CheatingSoi
  • CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:15 PM

I think that, for simply admiring realism and detail, ENBs are good. 

But I would never actually play through a game with one. I enjoy what they do visually, but I do admit that they tend to ruin the atmosphere. Unless we're talking about very specific ENBs that aim to enhance the existing atmosphere. 

As I said in my post just now, I always prefer the natural beauty (or ugliness) of a game rather than something artificial. As well made as it may be, I still enjoy seeing something look and, more importantly, feel nice on its own.

Exactly how I feel. I use PC mods just to admire them and maybe mess around. I would never play through a GTA game or any game for that matter, with unoffcial mods. Infact, I probably wouldn't ever play through on a PC altogether. Console's are where the gameplay is at for me.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:16 PM

Cant wait for V texture and graphic mods.

• CheatingSoi and VCR like this

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:34 PM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 31 July 2014 - 11:34 PM.

Agreed. Graphics mods will hopefully fit a lot better on V as the game already avoids having the gritty and dark tone that IV had.

Lowi
  • Lowi

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:56 AM

yeah it looks better than a x360 and ps3

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:03 AM

I don't play GTA IV on PC, but everytime I see one of these mods on Youtube it just looks strange to me.

I like my IV dirty and raw on my 360/PS3.:)

• Spider-Vice, CheatingSoi and VCR like this

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:12 AM

I don't play GTA IV on PC, but everytime I see one of these mods on Youtube it just looks strange to me.

I like my IV dirty and raw on my 360/PS3. :)

Let's be honest, you would like GTA IV even if it was covered in sh*t.

• Zee and TaviColen123 like this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:20 AM

I like my IV dirty and raw on my 360/PS3. :)

Let's be honest, you would like GTA IV even if it was covered in sh*t.

Is that another way of saying I'd like GTA IV even if the disc was in the game cases of SA or GTA V?  :p

• Aleph-Zero likes this

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:28 AM

I think ICEnhancer would fit V's atmosphere of being a colorful and sunny world of San Andreas.

• VCR likes this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Modding again

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:03 AM

Aint happening

VCR
  • VCR

plus+

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:22 AM

Aint happening

how come?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users