Is Passive Mode BROKEN?

66 replies to this topic
Bourjois
  • Bourjois

Life is but a dream

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

Forget passive mode, we need passive lobbies. Like normal lobbies but with the ability to kill other players removed.

GTA Canada expansion pack. I'm sorry, but could I have that HPV? Oh my, offcourse, I'm so sorry I took it while you wanted it, here you go.

• gizmonomono likes this

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

Forget passive mode, we need passive lobbies. Like normal lobbies but with the ability to kill other players removed.

GTA Canada expansion pack. I'm sorry, but could I have that HPV? Oh my, offcourse, I'm so sorry I took it while you wanted it, here you go.

You can put people in Canada, but you can't put Canada into people :)

• Bourjois likes this

Bourjois
  • Bourjois

Life is but a dream

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:03 PM

You can put people in Canada, but you can't put Canada into people :)
Something with cannibalism and eating dirt. Plausible.
  • gizmonomono likes this

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

When you go on PASSIVE MODE, you still be killed by players who run over you or anything else.

If you were Rockstar, how would you fix Passive Mode?

Nooooooooooooooooo. Passive mode is NOT broken. Smh.

People need to stop spreading this nonsense -.-
  • gizmonomono likes this

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:23 PM

You should only be able to go in and out of Passive in your apartment.

If R* would make that change they could also expand the abilities in passive. 

Right now Passive is used by most players to grief on other players, that's why I kill everyone in my lobby hiding behind it  :die:

Mrgrandis_HKG
  • Mrgrandis_HKG

Employee Of The Month

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:25 PM

Passive mode work like that since the beginning of life.

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:28 PM

I dont THINK passive MODE is BROKEN

RoyalRedXIII
  • RoyalRedXIII

CASUAL VETERAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:35 PM

Always worked that way. I hate they put it in the game people don't want to be kill should play sims 3 or even sims 4 (September).

Nah if you want to kill everything that moves you should play cod or something same thing.gta is not just about shooting.

Passive mode is fine. You know if you're pinned down getting ran over join a quick job problem solved.

I agree, GTA is about more than shooting. Only thing is, the people who "wanna kill everything that moves" are NOT the ones complaining about passive mode :lol:

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll / IGN hunter

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:40 PM Edited by Sky_Light12, 31 July 2014 - 12:40 PM.

it's counterbalance purpouses as trolls may abuse it if they gets overwhelmed but drive by still cannot kill unless u passive mode inside vehicle ( which not only u can run over/cuts people , you can even drive by or use vehicle weapons ) . despite this , vehicle weapon still has no effect aganist passive mode ( exceptions in vehicle )

tricks killing passive mode without running over them : fireman

911 > fire dept > wait > steal the firetruck > use the hose to introduce passive mode with endless spray of fresh water . also no windows on rear ( which impossible to shoot occupants in cabs from rear , except those hangs behind ) . in certain occassion during mission , firetruck may seen leaving the fire station , which can still kills teamate

Exxon Valdez
  • Exxon Valdez

Asian bitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:54 PM

Very easy to fix passive mode.

You should get Bad Sport warning for killing players in passive mode. Problem Solved.

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:57 PM

You should get Bad Sport warning for killing players in passive mode. Problem Solved.

Not really. Anything people can abuse is not a valid fix. You can easily jump in front of cars to give people bad sport warnings.

CheaterMcCheat
  • CheaterMcCheat

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:58 PM

also there is no heist

LOL

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:00 PM

When you go on PASSIVE MODE, you still be killed by players who run over you or anything else.

it's been broken since launch day.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

Passive mode is an awesome weapon against noobs. Just hop in a car and shoot people. Awesome. Then if they almost get you just get back out of the car and golf clap at them. Works wonders.

Also in reverse. When noobs are in passive approach them kindly. Honk the horn to show your good intentions then let them get in your car. Quickly get out and kill them. They will spawn back in passive mode so just go and golf clap at them. Rage insues!

Another treat is when they decide to come out of passive for revenge. They have to wait the 10 seconds before weapons are ready so proceed to kill them again. Quickly go into passive before they respawn and, you guessed it, golf clap that mofo.

Passive mode works but only for griefing and trolling.

:)

This guy is a legend and everyone should do what he says!

Exxon Valdez
  • Exxon Valdez

Asian bitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:03 PM

Not really. Anything people can abuse is not a valid fix. You can easily jump in front of cars to give people bad sport warnings.

Yes but the car driver can avoid them easily since the driver is controlling the vehicle. 

• TreFacTor likes this

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

Very easy to fix passive mode.You should get Bad Sport warning for killing players in passive mode. Problem Solved.

No...a passive player can crash a plane on you, get credit for the kill and you have no recourse other than being a pussy and reporting them.

A person in passive mode can have a friend attach a sticky to your car and suicide ram you and you have no recourse but to be a pussy and report them...

The solution isn't to turn everyone else into a pussy...passive mode is already designed for pussies.
  • Roronoa Zoro likes this

Exxon Valdez
  • Exxon Valdez

Asian bitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

Very easy to fix passive mode.You should get Bad Sport warning for killing players in passive mode. Problem Solved.

No...a passive player can crash a plane on you, get credit for the kill and you have no recourse other than being a pussy and reporting them.

A person in passive mode can have a friend attach a sticky to your car and suicide ram you and you have no recourse but to be a pussy and report them...

The solution isn't to turn everyone else into a pussy...passive mode is already designed for pussies.

Then you can add that when a player in "passive mode" kills an another player he gets bad sport warning too. Therefore this player can't suicide into other players and kill them with planes or run over players with a car. This bad sport warning goes both ways. You get bad sport warning if you kill a player who is in "passive mode", and the player who is in "passive mode" gets bad sport warning if he kills a player who is not in "passive mode".

There, problem solved.

Mr.Nedich
  • Mr.Nedich

Baratheon Bannerman

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

Then you can add that when a player in "passive mode" kills an another player he gets bad sport warning too. Therefore this player can't suicide into other players and kill them with planes or run over players with a car. This bad sport warning goes both ways. You get bad sport warning if you kill a player who is in "passive mode", and the player who is in "passive mode" gets bad sport warning if he kills a player who is not in "passive mode".

There, problem solved.

While we're at it, let's just hand out bad sport warnings when we kill people period because that's not very nice or when they use 'mean' actions that make us feel bad.

There, problem solved.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:31 PM Edited by stonedpimpso, 31 July 2014 - 06:32 PM.

Passive mode is an awesome weapon against noobs. Just hop in a car and shoot people. Awesome. Then if they almost get you just get back out of the car and golf clap at them. Works wonders.

Also in reverse. When noobs are in passive approach them kindly. Honk the horn to show your good intentions then let them get in your car. Quickly get out and kill them. They will spawn back in passive mode so just go and golf clap at them. Rage insues!

Another treat is when they decide to come out of passive for revenge. They have to wait the 10 seconds before weapons are ready so proceed to kill them again. Quickly go into passive before they respawn and, you guessed it, golf clap that mofo.

Passive mode works but only for griefing and trolling.

:)

I approve this post.

go off radar before coming out of passive mode works well as long as they dont have line of sight on you.

also sticky your buddy and have him go passive. you now have a smart bomb.

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

I would fix it by removing it completely. It serves no purpose.

• mmm chocolate and ace514 like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

Passive mode isn't broken at all. If you don't want to be killed in passive mode, stay away from the war zones, it's really simple.

The ENTIRE map is a warzone.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:50 PM Edited by I.haigh, 31 July 2014 - 09:50 PM.

I just hate when someone f*cks with you and when you kill them they go passive and follow you around, constantly getting into positions that give them a tactical advantage, places they could only get by being in passive mode and then switching back and trying to kill you.

Some ass f*ck did this last night and then had the nerve to talk sh*t like he was good at the game or something. Awful funny how he got his ass kicked when he joined my deathmatch. 

^^^sool cory orb!

• Magick likes this

stangone50
  • stangone50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:03 PM

sure why not everything else is 

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:35 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 31 July 2014 - 11:37 PM.

There, problem solved.

My wife can play without passive mode...people need to stop being a bitch or stay out of public sessions ....problem solved.

mmm chocolate
  • mmm chocolate

BLAINE COUNTY

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:49 PM

WTF is a passive mode?

(Seriously, you guys use it?)

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:11 AM

stay out of public sessions ....problem solved.

Is that even an option?

Also some people are just not interested in mindless deathmatching and have other stuff to do than looking over their shoulder for self-entitled griefers.

ProLaps
  • ProLaps

Strain Hard.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:56 AM

TbONV15.png

We already know this. You are pointing out the obvious. Your stupidity is obvious and usually we see this stupidity out of newbies, normally. You have been here since December, so you have no excuse. And on GTA Online for longer, maybe.

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:22 AM

Just stand on an awning, or wall, or bus stop. Not that hard.

Was doing this in a lobby tonight. There were 3 randoms in an Annihilator and I rolled under them to get their attention in my Coquette. They started chasing me but it was pretty to lose them so I kept slowing down. Letting them shoot at me but not quite hit. After a bit I led them to the golf course and drove in to kind of make a shooting gallery for them. At this point there were a ton of cops everywhere. I called in a backup helicopter and it messed the randoms up but they destroyed it. They must've pissed off a couple others in the lobby and eventually there were 7 of us in this war and someone RPG'd the Annihilator. It turned into a re spawn war and I started passive trolling people. Running over passives, jumping on top of things when they tried to run me over.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:27 AM

Is that even an option?

Also some people are just not interested in mindless deathmatching and have other stuff to do than looking over their shoulder for self-entitled griefers.
invite only or solo sessions...you are rarely forced into an open session if you use the proper options to be left alone.....stay out of public sessions if you don't want other people to kill you...the game has told you people this from day one but you continue to venture into the wild expecting the beast to let you travel through its lands unharmed....you're foolish and deserve your fate at the hands of the masses. Guard your grill knuckle up.

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:21 PM Edited by The Algerian, 02 August 2014 - 10:22 PM.

Is that even an option?

invite only or solo sessions...you are rarely forced into an open session if you use the proper options to be left alone.....stay out of public sessions if you don't want other people to kill you...the game has told you people this from day one but you continue to venture into the wild expecting the beast to let you travel through its lands unharmed....you're foolish and deserve your fate at the hands of the masses. Guard your grill knuckle up.

I'd be a bit more fine with the deathmatching in free roaming if I didn't have to aim with a controller. Hence why i mainly stick with PVE missions until the PC version is out.

Also tanks, heavily armed helicopters, jet? Screw this, fight like a man or GTFO my face. Not to mention sticky bomb spam. Ughh.

And no, the game has told me nothing, and if the game was how you convince yourself it should be, why is there a passive mode to begin with?

Self-entitlement right there. Just as I said.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users