GTAO's Future and Lifespan.

104 replies to this topic
Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:26 AM

I'll be honest. If  heists is going  to be PvP. I'll try it like once and more than likely never touch it again

If this IS the case... I can just imagine how this and the support forums are going to blow the f*ck up. The rage!

Joekill95
  • Joekill95

The Observer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:31 AM

We really need RC vehicles...

OT: I dunno anymore. Rockstar needs to get their sh*t in check if they're going to be running with the Online business. Whatever they're working on, it's gotta be good, or else a lot of people are just gonna pack up and move on to other things.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:38 AM

That SP was sh*t, IV's SP made me feel emotional for Niko. It gave me TRUE emotions. That was the first time a game had ever did that to me. V was a total disappointment, back in IV you could only play SP and have fun forever. But in V, man I can't play SP for more than a minute before going online.

Ooo actually, there is a bit of truth to that, I didn't really "feel" for the characters like I did in GTA:IV. I think part of that wasn't the story telling but rather the characters themselves.

I was really giving it the thumbs up because I thought the triple-character system was awesome.

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:12 AM Edited by Judicious 7, 31 July 2014 - 04:13 PM.

For some reason, I feel like GTAO will crash and burn. We're already seeing signs of it now on 7th gen consoles. Some say that next gen consoles will be much better. Hmm, somehow I wouldn't agree with that. There's still a way for GTAO to be broken on next gen consoles.

Greed will always equal destruction and unhappiness. Capcom is facing that truth right now. I think Rockstar is next on that list after EA.

BoltedS3
  • BoltedS3

Survival to the fittest

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:43 AM

For some reason, I feel like GTAO will crash and burn. We're already seeing signs of it now on 7th gen consoles. Some day that next gen consoles will be much better. Hmm, somehow I wouldn't agree with that. There's still a way for GTAO to be broken on next gen consoles.

Greed will always equal destruction and unhappiness. Capcom are facing that truth now.i think Rockstar is next on that list after EA.

I agree, I hope r* doesn't go the EA rout. That'd suck. I have a feeling gta online will have some really dark days ahead.

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:47 AM

However Heist feature will play like, also don't forget there's Cash Card aside.

So don't get your hopes high.

IMO, this is the problem with GTAO. R* push their Cash Cards in the faces of the players as much as possible, going as far as altering the game when the community finds a way to make money. They've lowered job payouts drastically, they've changed the procedures for higher-paying jobs to make them longer and more difficult, and all of this comes after R* guaranteed us that they wouldn't emphasize the microtransactions in GTAO. What a joke. The game made over $100 million in its first week; I'd like to think they've milked enough money to warrant not forcing Cash Cards on us.
And, on top of that, we still don't have arguably the game's most attractive feature that was supposed to have been in at launch. GTAO had a lot of potential, but I don't believe it will ever be fulfilled.
NO IT WASN'T. STOP SAYING IT WAS. ROCKSTAR NEVER SAID THAT IT WOULD BE, ANYWHERE, AT ANY TIME. ENOUGH ALREADY.
Please somebody show me where and when rockstar said they would be in the game from the beginning. Exactly, THEY DIDN'T. I am so tired of seeing people saying this just to have something to bitch about.

LOL, got to love fanboy rage.
  • garyharry likes this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:13 AM

No pvp heist...god I'm sick of pvp being shoved in my face.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

My Ravioli's Too Spicy!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:20 AM

- Horrible playerbase. The game is whacky and YouTube friendly: attracting all sorts of trolls, young children, and generally toxic players

- Emphasis on money. Everything costs something. Jobs are perpetually nerfed to slowly force you to either exploit money or buy cash cards. Also, those people with the most money can afford all the damn killing machines and make it sh*tty for people trying to make money.

- The heist issue. I don't know what they could possibly make to have made nearly 10 months of waiting worth it.

- Less and less savory content updates. I do appreciate that they're free, but California stoner clothes? Santa Claus outfits? "I AM NOT A HIPSTER" UPDATE?! Last time I checked, GTA was a crime-oriented game. Any douche with a chrome adder, pig mask, and pink short shorts would be shot in the f*cking head the moment they stepped foot into Liberty City.

- My initial problems with GTA V already: Dissatisfaction with the map, odd and annoying physics, lousy vehicle controls.

Rockstar cashed out with the pre-orders and the cash cards. They don't need to make the game interesting or fresh to still have it be profitable. GTA V felt miserably neglected, and I sold my copy after a few months. I mean, I never play GTA III, but I keep my copy because I like how it looks on my shelf. I don't even want to look at the travesty beyond repair that is GTA V.

• FiS!!HeR and Judicious 7 like this

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:22 AM

45+ year's

luisniko
  • luisniko

White Crib

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

For some reason, I feel like GTAO will crash and burn. We're already seeing signs of it now on 7th gen consoles. Some day that next gen consoles will be much better. Hmm, somehow I wouldn't agree with that. There's still a way for GTAO to be broken on next gen consoles.

Greed will always equal destruction and unhappiness. Capcom are facing that truth now.i think Rockstar is next on that list after EA.

Yep. Greed will lead to destruction. The real customers would move on, while the only ones lingering in the game will be just hackers and modders like the current state of GTAIV Online - especially on PC.

Honestly, I just can't believe one of my most favorite developer, whom I always defend and proud of, becoming the worst smelliest sh*t in my list.

• Judicious 7 likes this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:57 AM

Nah, they f*cked up with me personally by not simulating crime.  By f*cking up stealth, and the shooting mechanics are horrible, and I'd rather do away with the whole weapon wheel.  Feels like a cartoon, which it basically is, but still.

San Andreas for PS2 is still a far superior game in terms of replayability.

• Judicious 7 likes this

Joekill95
  • Joekill95

The Observer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:08 AM Edited by Joekill95, 31 July 2014 - 07:09 AM.

Nah, they f*cked up with me personally by not simulating crime.  By f*cking up stealth, and the shooting mechanics are horrible, and I'd rather do away with the whole weapon wheel.  Feels like a cartoon, which it basically is, but still.

San Andreas for PS2 is still a far superior game in terms of replayability.

I've been playing San Andreas on Xbox 360 lately. It's my first time, and despite the graphical differences, San Andreas is by far the better game in terms of content.

I don't know how Rockstar can make something like San Andreas and get away with making something like V. Different developers, I guess. 3D era devs just had more creative energy, I suppose.

inb4peoplecomingintellingme"omgyoucan'tcomparethem" Well I just f*cking did.

• Zee, ShinobiFixer, apollon_13 and 1 other like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

White Crib

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:28 AM

I only play san andreas one time, but I replayed III, Vice City, LCS, and VCS for many many times.

They may be old, bad graphic, bad physics, but solid gold in terms of gameplay quality.

dzian
  • dzian

Prankster

• Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:50 AM Edited by dzian, 31 July 2014 - 09:02 AM.

Personally I would hate pvp heists. I'm more of a cooperative pve style gamer. It's much more fun doing things with friends than repeatedly killing them.

What GTAO lacks though is any real form of purpose or progression because of this the game never moves forwards . absolutely nothing you do in the game has no impact on the game and nothing ever changes. and essentially this makes everything you do pointless.

For example except for the occasional round of golf I haven't played GTAO for several months. ran no missions still own 1 garage and 9 cars and have about 3 million dollars in the bank. the problem here is that despite that I am still at the exact same point in the game that everyone else is at. martin and ron see me exactly the same as they see you when it comes to missions. even though I haven't run any missions for months i'm no more or less reliable to them than some guy who runs 20 missions a day. and I am no more or less able to complete those missions because i'm still on a level playing field with every other player. because everyone who plays every day hasn't moved any further ahead of me.

What many players wanted from gtao was essentially a coop gta experience. coop story has been a popular request ever since vice city when players would ask why can't there friends play as lance in guardian angels. or play as sweet in san andreas brothers in arms taking over turf wars. and when 5 was first revealed to have 3 main characters one of the biggest hopes was for cooperative game play. I could play as micheal with a friend playing as trevor as we work our way through the game together. and this is ultimately what online really needs a sense of purpose and progression and a story to unfold that actually moves the online world forwards.

even small changes to the world kinda like previous games. gta 3  for example at the beginning you can pretty much go anywhere without issue. as the game progresses you become notorious. gets to a point where if you happen to enter triad turf they will come shoot you on sight. it's a trivial thing but just one small example of how the game world can change and move forwards. in online this could work. a relatively new player with little to no rep might be relatively safe in one part of town but another player might not. the game world needs to evolve.

in essence nothing you do changes the game so theres really not much point in doing anything. and I think that's why a lot of people have stopped playing. everything needs to be connected somehow. if you do a job where you steal the titan for lester. the next job lester gives you should somehow involve that titan.

or alternatively have a job where you and your friends have to steal some police cars, followed by a second job where you have to break into an armory. followed by a third job where you do a prison break or something. create connections between the jobs. and in this way some of the missions with crappier payouts would be worthwhile. you might only get 5k for stealing the police cars and 5more for the armory. but might then get 50k when you complete the prison break. and you might also unlock the guy you bust out of prison as a  contact to give you more better jobs that players don't have access to until they successfully break him out of prison.

make the game evolve and progress. and give players some real PVE content instead of ramming PVP down our throats.

Also if they did it right it might actually make crews usefull. need a crew to take on some of the bigger missions for example. at present crews are little more than social groups.

• Judicious 7, vG LadyMac16 and MythicRare like this

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

What GTAO lacks though is any real form of purpose or progression because of this the game never moves forwards . absolutely nothing you do in the game has no impact on the game and nothing ever changes. and essentially this makes everything you do pointless.

Yes. I wholeheartedly agree. I've been saying that after the Snowy days. The novelty of GTAO wore off, and I was wondering when they'd release heists or do something innovative. It kinda stinks that nothing came of it. Capture was introduced. That was cool and all, but it was used to create PVP & Races. That's not exactly what I wanted. I wanted a Co-op mission Creator (which was talked advertized but hasn't even come out yet).

I too feel as though this game is stagnant. If things were going to be like this, then they shouldn't have even introduced GTAO like a story. I remember looking forward to working my way up from the bottom. Being introduced to Martin was a moment of victory and progression for me. But after that, nothing happened. The game comes to a halt, and that generates boredom.

What annoys me is that Rockstar aren't even saying why the heists are delayed. They're quiet. I'm just fed up at the silence of Rockstar. But yet they're issuing bans for people that glitched without saying anything else.

I would continue to rant in this reply, but you've already encapsulated what I have been thinking/saying since the beginning of January.

• garyharry likes this

LeoV
  • LeoV

The Invincible R.E.G.I.S Mark V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:49 AM

- Horrible playerbase. The game is whacky and YouTube friendly: attracting all sorts of trolls, young children, and generally toxic players
- Emphasis on money. Everything costs something. Jobs are perpetually nerfed to slowly force you to either exploit money or buy cash cards. Also, those people with the most money can afford all the damn killing machines and make it sh*tty for people trying to make money.
- The heist issue. I don't know what they could possibly make to have made nearly 10 months of waiting worth it.
- Less and less savory content updates. I do appreciate that they're free, but California stoner clothes? Santa Claus outfits? "I AM NOT A HIPSTER" UPDATE?! Last time I checked, GTA was a crime-oriented game. Any douche with a chrome adder, pig mask, and pink short shorts would be shot in the f*cking head the moment they stepped foot into Liberty City.
- My initial problems with GTA V already: Dissatisfaction with the map, odd and annoying physics, lousy vehicle controls.

Rockstar cashed out with the pre-orders and the cash cards. They don't need to make the game interesting or fresh to still have it be profitable. GTA V felt miserably neglected, and I sold my copy after a few months. I mean, I never play GTA III, but I keep my copy because I like how it looks on my shelf. I don't even want to look at the travesty beyond repair that is GTA V.

how were the vehicle controls lousy? IMO they were the best on the whole series. Better then any free roam games in fact. Yes it gave them "an arcade feel" but how is that bad. It's nice not to have to worry about your car tipping over randomly.

Plus the motorcycle controls in GTA4 were god awful.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:59 AM

I love the controls in this game, and the phsyics - while they are on the edge of arcade - have enough realistic elements to keep me amused.

But his whole post is confusing.

Playerbase - what he described doesn't sound different to what I remember from multiplayer GTA:IV

Emphasis on Money - only if you want to buy ALL THE THINGS (which I do), if you just want to do deathmatches etc you don't really need money

Heists - accurate but it's one small game mode in the online part of the game, and many don't even really care anymore, we've also had a whole bunch of unexpected extras thrown in in the meantime

Updates - I've enjoyed them, and so has my fiancee - she saves up by doing deathmatches and after each update runs straight to the stores while I run straight to the car website.

Crime orientated - people do shoot chrome adders, if you see them, feel free to dominate

Odd physics - no GTA title has been scientifically accurate, and I haven't found this one to be worse than any other?

LeoV
  • LeoV

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:04 AM

I love the controls in this game, and the phsyics - while they are on the edge of arcade - have enough realistic elements to keep me amused.

But his whole post is confusing.

Playerbase - what he described doesn't sound different to what I remember from multiplayer GTA:IV
Emphasis on Money - only if you want to buy ALL THE THINGS (which I do), if you just want to do deathmatches etc you don't really need money
Heists - accurate but it's one small game mode in the online part of the game, and many don't even really care anymore, we've also had a whole bunch of unexpected extras thrown in in the meantime
Updates - I've enjoyed them, and so has my fiancee - she saves up by doing deathmatches and after each update runs straight to the stores while I run straight to the car website.
Crime orientated - people do shoot chrome adders, if you see them, feel free to dominate
Odd physics - no GTA title has been scientifically accurate, and I haven't found this one to be worse than any other?

Lol yeah. Also the whole player base thing is a moot point as well, I mean a decent size portion of gamers are just generally not the sort of people you'd wanna hang with.

Yura'ndGames
  • Yura'ndGames

☆Sayurifor11thsinglecenter☆

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:33 AM

Rockstar Games Newswire on GTA:O - January 10th 2050:

"Stay tuned for more info about Heist coming as part of Spring Update"

Rockstar Games Newswire on GTA:O - June 28th 2050:

"Heist took longer than anticipated. Please know we are currently working on it so players will have a great Heist experience. Please enjoy Super Nebula Update and stay tuned for more info about Heist."

Rockstar fanboys' respond on this:

"OMG. Thanks R*. Super Nebula Update is super cool. Don't worry about Heist, R*. Take your time. It's only been 36 years and few months. I'm ready to wait more for your awesome Heist! xoxo"

ibxGdegRf7knEZ.gif

KingLouieThaXIII
  • KingLouieThaXIII

Big Sitting Chief Asshole

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:57 AM

People constantly forget that R* doesn't get all that money they made from launch right back to dump into GTAV. They have to cut that up and pay studio fees, equipment fees, their parent company Take-Two, EVERYONE that made GTAV possible (yes those pedestrians that say random sh*t, they get paid too), upkeep for servers, etc. etc. On top of that it isn't just a one-time payment and then "thanks for your hardwork now comeback and make more free content for the players." No, they have to continue paying them. Which is where cash cards come in. If they didn't plan for these types of things, GTAO would have been shutdown days after launch when R* had to buy out more servers, which costs them.....wait for it.....MONEY! It's a never ending cycle as long as GTAO lives on.

OT: I believe that the potential for GTAO is unlimited and like it's been stated before, 40+ years of content isn't something to just shrug off. Content such as map additions (Vice City, Liberty City, San Fierro, Las Venturas, North Yankton, and even London), new weapons, new vehicles, new activites (sports and minigames), continuation of the story, the list goes on and with it being ported to next-gen consoles they have already confirmed some features and even mentioned newer features that will possibly add hours of gameplay to both SP & MP so its possible some of this could become part of the game.

• Milesinho likes this

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

Love all these sweeping statements about how GTAO is doomed and dying and people are walking away. I don't see it dying at all. In fact I can see it going from strength to strength in the future and the possibilities of what's to come on the next generation of consoles over the next few years is incredibly exciting.

If you're bored of the game, that's fair enough, but don't speak for the rest of the community, or talk about players leaving GTAO en masse unless you have stats to back it up. This game is not going to die anytime soon, I guarantee you that.

• dreadluxx likes this

garyharry
  • garyharry

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:30 AM

People constantly forget that R* doesn't get all that money they made from launch right back to dump into GTAV. They have to cut that up and pay studio fees, equipment fees, their parent company Take-Two, EVERYONE that made GTAV possible (yes those pedestrians that say random sh*t, they get paid too), upkeep for servers, etc. etc. On top of that it isn't just a one-time payment and then "thanks for your hardwork now comeback and make more free content for the players." No, they have to continue paying them. Which is where cash cards come in. If they didn't plan for these types of things, GTAO would have been shutdown days after launch when R* had to buy out more servers, which costs them.....wait for it.....MONEY! It's a never ending cycle as long as GTAO lives on.

OT: I believe that the potential for GTAO is unlimited and like it's been stated before, 40+ years of content isn't something to just shrug off. Content such as map additions (Vice City, Liberty City, San Fierro, Las Venturas, North Yankton, and even London), new weapons, new vehicles, new activites (sports and minigames), continuation of the story, the list goes on and with it being ported to next-gen consoles they have already confirmed some features and even mentioned newer features that will possibly add hours of gameplay to both SP & MP so its possible some of this could become part of the game.

Get a grip - damn R* fan boys on this forum. They (R*) advertised the game with heists, co op heists you can do with friends. To date we don't have this, and its pretty much why most folk I know bought the game.

If R* don't have the business know how to run a business, at a profit, while delivering what you promise, then they wont last long. The advertised a product, which we all bought, and don't have. They obviously factor in the overheads etc when planning development of the game and gauge sales. They choose to make DLC free. Too many idiots defend R* for stupid reasons. "oh they give us free stuff"

I don't have what I was told I was buying. R* are to blame for that.

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

Get a grip - damn R* fan boys on this forum. They (R*) advertised the game with heists, co op heists you can do with friends. To date we don't have this, and its pretty much why most folk I know bought the game.

If R* don't have the business know how to run a business, at a profit, while delivering what you promise, then they wont last long. The advertised a product, which we all bought, and don't have. They obviously factor in the overheads etc when planning development of the game and gauge sales. They choose to make DLC free. Too many idiots defend R* for stupid reasons. "oh they give us free stuff"

So much anger for so little reason. This isn't fanboyism, old chap, this is people enjoying a game of unprecedented concept and scope that has had understandable teething problems in its first few months. You will get your lovely heists, and you will no doubt find a reason to moan about them when they do come, so just reeeeeelax... see how much better that feels?  :cool:

• KingLouieThaXIII likes this

Lord_Smasherton
  • Lord_Smasherton

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:59 AM

However Heist feature will play like, also don't forget there's Cash Card aside.

So don't get your hopes high.

IMO, this is the problem with GTAO. R* push their Cash Cards in the faces of the players as much as possible, going as far as altering the game when the community finds a way to make money. They've lowered job payouts drastically, they've changed the procedures for higher-paying jobs to make them longer and more difficult, and all of this comes after R* guaranteed us that they wouldn't emphasize the microtransactions in GTAO. What a joke. The game made over $100 million in its first week; I'd like to think they've milked enough money to warrant not forcing Cash Cards on us.

And, on top of that, we still don't have arguably the game's most attractive feature that was supposed to have been in at launch. GTAO had a lot of potential, but I don't believe it will ever be fulfilled.

NO IT WASN'T. STOP SAYING IT WAS. ROCKSTAR NEVER SAID THAT IT WOULD BE, ANYWHERE, AT ANY TIME. ENOUGH ALREADY.
Please somebody show me where and when rockstar said they would be in the game from the beginning. Exactly, THEY DIDN'T. I am so tired of seeing people saying this just to have something to bitch about.

Yes, yes they certainly did. Delayed it a week before online was to launch. I love watching people scream ignorant bullsh*t.

LeoV
  • LeoV

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

So much anger for so little reason. This isn't fanboyism, old chap, this is people enjoying a game of unprecedented concept and scope that has had understandable teething problems in its first few months. You will get your lovely heists, and you will no doubt find a reason to moan about them when they do come, so just reeeeeelax... see how much better that feels?  :cool:

Exactly and honestly if were being honest rockstar does an actual good job patch to patch. The only think that I actually hate that they do-is say they won't patch fun glitchs (like the player launch glitches) but then patch them anyways. Other then that they are actually doing a pretty good job if you compare them to other games. Especially seeing how many kids they have whining about heist not being in here and all that stuff.
  • Milesinho likes this

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:11 PM Edited by RealHoosier07, 01 August 2014 - 12:12 PM.

For the gamers that want a real online experience, Destiny will kill this game for a lot of people. Destiny is going to be amazing. Rockstar has a lot to learn about online gaming...one being that micro transactions are a horrible idea that kills the gameplay elements that could be great without micro transactions.

It doesn't matter what they put in this game. As long as they are doing micro transactions, this game will stay boring and dull..With just more lame dlc. Who cares if it's free when it's the same crappy sh*t over and over.

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:19 PM

For the gamers that want a real online experience, Destiny will kill this game for a lot of people. Destiny is going to be amazing. Rockstar has a lot to learn about online gaming...one being that micro transactions are a horrible idea that kills the gameplay elements that could be great without micro transactions.

It doesn't matter what they put in this game. As long as they are doing micro transactions, this game will stay boring and dull..With just more lame dlc. Who cares if it's free when it's the same crappy sh*t over and over.

From what I saw of the beta, destiny isn't anywhere near as ambitious or interesting as GTAO, more like a glorified borderlands.

• LeoV likes this

LeoV
  • LeoV

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

Meh I spent a lot of time with the beta, the coop free roam aspect was fun and all but nothing new.

However the actual multiplayer (as in PVP) was just dreadful, halos matchmaking still takes the cake from destiny gameplay wise (yes even halo 4).

But this is gta forums not destiny/halo forums lol, the micro transitions are actually a good understandable idea. I mean with so many bad parents out there these days spoiling their brats why shouldn't rockstar make money off them? Not to mention it's not like cash cards are a must have. With so many money glitchs coming out all the time, not to mention if you must be a completely legit player just do missions and save up.

All I'm saying is rockstar is not doing that bad when it comes to the whole "online gaming".

On a destiny side note I'll say I have more faith in GTAO's future then I do in Destiny's future.
  • Milesinho likes this

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:33 PM

From what I saw of the beta, destiny isn't anywhere near as ambitious or interesting as GTAO, more like a glorified borderlands.

LOL! Dude you are so far off. Destiny beta was only about 10% of what the game offers. Gtao is one of the most horrible online games there is when it comes to content. IGN had an article yesterday about the raids in destiny. Destiny will blow gtao out of the water without a doubt.
Wow...so many clueless people with online gaming. A beta isn't anywhere near what we will have in the final product. You all fan boys of rockstar are funny. Gtao has been a huge bore-fest content wise. There is so much more about destiny than we even know. IGN article about raids was eye opening. It's about time we have a game with real cooperative missions that take real communication and teamwork. Raids will take up to 2 hours to complete...and they will be difficult.

LeoV
  • LeoV

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:36 PM

LOL! Dude you are so far off. Destiny beta was only about 10% of what the game offers. Gtao is one of the most horrible online games there is when it comes to content. IGN had an article yesterday about the raids in destiny. Destiny will blow gtao out of the water without a doubt.

Not really, you seem to forget that the two games have literally nothing in common besides being online.
They are two entirely unrelated games, with separate gameplay completely. One is a third person online crime based shooter set an established game universe, the other is a FPS set a syfy world within an entirely new game universe.
  • Milesinho likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users