Johnny in GTAV? [Spoilers]

123 replies to this topic
EpicWafflez515
  • EpicWafflez515

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:26 AM

I know this is late but I just finished the Lost and The Damned and saw what kind of guy Johnny is. The fact that he's caring for his friends and the gang just shows he is a great guy but that probably led to his death. Though I can't just stand the fact that he is killed so easily by a crazy old dude! I hate you Trevor, I am glad that I killed you! He raided a freaking prison to kill his crazy leader but dies from a bottle to the face and his head being stomp. I am just mad at that fact. What is your opinion?
  • theomenofficial, Smoke Cat, Scaglietti and 8 others like this

ItsThatGuy!
  • ItsThatGuy!

Why is Goofy a talking dog but Pluto is a DOG DOG?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:28 AM

sh*t happens
  • TheFreightTrain, Che Guevara_187, stjimmy3 and 14 others like this

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:29 AM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 30 July 2014 - 07:29 AM.

To be fair Johnny made the big mistake of getting back with Ashley and got hooked on meth. So I'd doubt he'd be capable of what he was in TLAD with how much he's broken down.

• Smoke Cat, tokyocean, gizmonomono and 7 others like this

ChaiBear
  • ChaiBear

Tha Don

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:29 AM Edited by Paul Diaz, 30 July 2014 - 07:30 AM.

It's not just you, lots of people, including me are disappointed how R* just made Trevor kill Johnny so easily without Johnny putting up a fight. Although, sometime after he moved to LS from LC he became heavily addicted to meth which changed his personality drastically in my opinion, which is why he didn't put up much of a fight.  

EDIT: You should add a [Spoiler] tag to thread name.

• mrpodo100 likes this

Invader_swift
  • Invader_swift

BLACK LIVES MATTER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:54 AM

I liked it, it shows how Ashley was his poison and led to his meth head finale in 2013. A strong man turned into the shadow of his former self. Powerful. Johnny has an underrated story. The fact R* didn't sugar coat it to ease the pain made me appreciate it more. I loved TLAD but I think is the perfect sad ending for him. Not everything ends happily. F*ck that hoe Ashley
  • universetwisters, theNGclan, WorldWideFM and 5 others like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:02 AM

Johnny redeemed himself in IV, then just went back to everything he escaped. He went back to meth, Ashley was back on meth, he was still tied in with the gang that was bringing him down...

My opinion? Trevor did him a favour. He was a terrible, boring, mithering curmudgeon and I found playing through TLAD one of the most depressing gaming experiences I've ever had. 

I was honestly glad to see him stomped to f*ck, and considering I think he and Trevor are the worst GTA protags of all time, I think that's really saying something.

• Invader_swift likes this

Dillono
  • Dillono

Tell me, do you bleed?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:05 AM Edited by dillono, 30 July 2014 - 08:06 AM.

He was a terrible, boring, mithering curmudgeon and I found playing through TLAD one of the most depressing gaming experiences I've ever had. 

I dunno, there have been more depressing gaming experiences than TLaD.

• Niobium likes this

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

They needed to show how dangerous Trevor is, and how much fear he instills in others. Even a badass like Johnny is scared of him, because he knows him.

• TheFreightTrain likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

I dunno, there have been more depressing gaming experiences than TLaD.

one of the most depressing gaming experiences I've ever had.

I was speaking for myself, and it is one of the most depressing gaming experiences I, me, yr boy FZK, has ever had.

Whereas seeing dat boot on dat face... hilarious.

• Dillono likes this

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:24 AM Edited by Dope_0110, 30 July 2014 - 08:46 AM.

I liked it, it shows how Ashley was his poison and led to his meth head finale in 2013. A strong man turned into the shadow of his former self. Powerful. Johnny has an underrated story. The fact R* didn't sugar coat it to ease the pain made me appreciate it more. I loved TLAD but I think is the perfect sad ending for him. Not everything ends happily. F*ck that hoe Ashley

Everything this guy said. They didn't sugar coat it, this sh*t happens in real life, emotions (especially love) can leave a person blind. In TLAD he was rational for a minute, but also showed he loves and cares about Ashley, while she was nothing but a drug addict who was a lost cause. I hated him for it in TLAD, and hated every mission where you had to go rescue her. Unfortunately for Johnny, his love made him blind to see that he's following her into the abyss she's fallen in long time ago, and thus he ended up just like her. So it was quite a proper death and people really need to stop kissing his bald, stomped head and let it go.

• Fuzzknuckles, OneManCrimeWave and Frito-Man like this

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

Tragic. But what can you do. Trevor is one crazy guy!

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:34 AM

the crappy story writers for V are very proud of themselves.

galv5Il.gif

• Smoke Cat and Tao Cheng like this

iam2fresh
  • iam2fresh

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:35 AM

i honestly never cared but then again i never played the lost and the damned

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

aesthetic

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

It was the best written thing Rockstar has ever produced. The quality is up there with Shakespeare's writing.

• ChaiBear and Niobium like this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:40 AM

Wasted potential.

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:03 AM

I don't get why people are so mad.

Johnny is a shell of his former self. He is not Johnny anymore. He got easiley attracted and addicted to crystal meth. Blame it on his f*cking annoying bitch girlfriend Ashley, she got him into it. He changed when they moved to blaine county. He became a meth head. He was easiley distracted, and was obviously not a badass anymore.. The scary thing is: this could happen to anyone. 

• Fuzzknuckles, acmilano, OneManCrimeWave and 3 others like this

El Chinx Antrax is my hero ツ

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:04 AM Edited by Syphiroth, 30 July 2014 - 09:08 AM.

Should been that Russian pr*ck, f*cking the undercover agent and not whacking her. He is a rat, no doubt.

As for the meth overkill loser chap wearing nipple head, Johnny Kickstand. That bandit was clipped by a true outlaw, Trevor Phillips.
That's the best thing about V.

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

Loved it. Cant wait to watch him die on the xbox one ;)

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Union Of Flesh And Machine

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:01 AM

Refer to here for 32 long pages of discussion.

• universetwisters, Smoke Cat and ~Tiger~ like this

EQUIN0X
  • EQUIN0X

Above The Rain

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

Never liked Johnny. Found him annoying as hell and trying too hard to be a badass. I actually liked Luis Lopez better and that's saying something.

And I'm pretty sure it was to show how insane and dangerous Trevor is by easily and mercilessly killing off a past protaganist from GTA IV (DLC).

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

I didn't liked what happened either, but stuff happens... 

But i'm not really surprised, of all the GTA IV protagonists, Johnny had it worst...it ain't really surprising that he ended up like that...

• Fuzzknuckles likes this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:02 PM

Johnny redeemed himself in IV, then just went back to everything he escaped. He went back to meth, Ashley was back on meth, he was still tied in with the gang that was bringing him down...

My opinion? Trevor did him a favour. He was a terrible, boring, mithering curmudgeon and I found playing through TLAD one of the most depressing gaming experiences I've ever had. 

I was honestly glad to see him stomped to f*ck, and considering I think he and Trevor are the worst GTA protags of all time, I think that's really saying something.

Yep. Definitely don't like you.

Johnny and Trevor are the best protagonists. Franklin is the worse, he's so boring to play as

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

Definitely don't like you.

You have no idea how upsetting this is to me, because I find you very attractive and was thinking about asking you out on a date.

• theNGclan, Darth_Starkiller, OneManCrimeWave and 3 others like this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

aesthetic

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:31 PM

Definitely don't like you.

You have no idea how upsetting this is to me, because I find you very attractive and was thinking about asking you out on a date.

I think you guys could use this: 

51%2BrsZwmeKL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jp

Speaking of which, I think Johnny and Ashley could've used that book too. Might've prevented his rather crushing end.

Arlarse
  • Arlarse

Cultivating Mass

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

I thought it was poetic. Trevor Phillips stamping on father time to at least try to make up for those hours of my life I lost playing through TLAD.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

That scene was just a cheap shock value tactic to make Trevor look OMG CRAZY!!!  They had to force Johnny to act like a coward to make the scene work.  It felt as awkward as Franklin's behavior in endings A and B.  It's nothing more than poor writing.

• Zee, CartmanKusanagi, Smoke Cat and 1 other like this

BLACK DYNAM1TE
  • BLACK DYNAM1TE

GTA KING. NO CHEAT CODES.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:18 PM

f*ck Johnny, if he stop chasing them hoes real muthaf*ckas like Trevor wouldnt have to put people like him in check. But Trevor explained to him he had just seen a ghost of his dead friend and really wasnt having the best of days and the last thing Johnny should be worried about that moment was some cracked out whore.

Niobium
  • Niobium

TREVOR FANBOYS LIVES DON'T MATTER

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

Johnny would probably have never gone back with Ashley and become addicted to meth if his character stayed consistant, and even if he did, he would have beat the sh*t out of Trevor for f*cking his girl.

"BUTT METTH MAKS U A WEEK PUSY--"

Meth does not make you a weak pussy. In fact, it has the opposite effect and makes you more aggressive and unpredictable. So if anything, Meth-addicted Johnny would have cut Trevor's balls off or something.
  • CartmanKusanagi, Donut, Smoke Cat and 1 other like this

Donut
  • Donut

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

Johnny would probably have never gone back with Ashley and become addicted to meth if his character stayed consistant, and even if he did, he would have beat the sh*t out of Trevor for f*cking his girl.

"BUTT METTH MAKS U A WEEK PUSY--"

Meth does not make you a weak pussy. In fact, it has the opposite effect and makes you more aggressive and unpredictable. So if anything, Meth-addicted Johnny would have cut Trevor's balls off or something.

And isn't Trevor always getting high on his own supply? Shouldn't he be the same "pussy" as Johnny? Either Trevor's fully a meth head or, at the very least, he does speed, which may not be as strong as meth, but it's pretty much the same drug. I always hated the "Johnny turned into a pussy from drugs, don't do drugs kids!" argument.

• Darth_Starkiller, Smoke Cat and Niobium like this

Che Guevara_187
  • Che Guevara_187

Rebel

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:24 PM

Drugs are bad umm kay

• B Dawg, CartmanKusanagi, Smoke Cat and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users