fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:54 AM

<snipped>

<snipped some more>

I have to concur with another post, previously - if blowing up PVs is so "bad," then why include a Tank, Buzzard, Jet, RPG, Grenade Launcher, grenades, or sticky bums in a game where 99.753% of the time players spend in it are in vehicles?

Should we all be running around on foot, blowing each other up with rockets instead of Assault Rifles?

Rockstar designed the game like this. Not sure why players are "punished" by being segregated into a separate culture and lobby until they are <ugh> "forgiven."

I would assume they were put in for missions, DMs and such. FR wasn't meant to be a warzone. Originally it was supposed to a refit and arm place. Like most companies, R* underestimated the player. If you don't like being in the BS lobbies then stop blowing up so many PVs. It's not that hard

I appreciate the reply, but I guess I just don't buy that "they were put in for missions." If that were the case, we'd have the option to buy monkeys and call in Alien Air Strikes. LOL!

Also, I don't support the "Rockstar underestimated" perspective, as GTA4's "free roam" was total war zone mayhem, chock full o' cheaters, modders, hacks, and morons (o' my!), just like Bad Sport has become in GTAV.

I'm not bashing Rockstar, but they obviously know what they're doing; there's a method to their madness. My guess is more about micro-transactions and not blowing up PVs.

For me, I can't believe I've blown up that many PVs and I buy cash cards when I run out of GTA$ - I don't cheat or glitch (too old to bother!), so I know it's nothing to do with that.

Just saying is all. ;)

• TheEroticCherry likes this

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:01 AM

Well, after blowing up yet another car trying to run me over while I was busy doing motorcycle stunts,

the powers-that-be decided it was time to throw me back into the Bad Sport lobbies for a while.

It's no big deal, but when the message, "You have been deemed a Bad Sport and must play in 
Bad Sport lobbies with other players that are Bad Sports, until you are forgiven."

Until I am forgiven... Forgiven? Really. How droll.

While it doesn't bother me so much, but now that I've been there for a spell, there are some
unique observations I've made. I'd be curious to know what others have experienced in Bad Sport, 
as well. What have you seen? How do you manage the time there? Why do you think it exists?

0_0.jpg

From my experience, here's what I've observed:

• Bad Sport players are definitely there for a good reason!
• God Mode is alive and well in BS.
• The ability to transport all over the map is a normal way of traveling for some.
• Content Creator objects can still be spawned everywhere you go.
• Whenever I get in a vehicle, I have to set it with a sticky bomb first... just in case.
• No amount of rolling can stop an invincible player from killing you.
• It's hard to avoid police cars driven by no one driving into you.
• A tank is actually your only friend in the game.
• You cannot blow up an invincible car, no matter how many rockets you fire at it.

• You CAN run over God mode players and trap them under a tank... unless they slide out.
• I've received no calls from Lester, Brucie, Martin, or anyone else.
• Muggers are useless.
• Bounties merely tickle other players.
• There are at least three new wall glitches I never knew existed.
• If a nude woman approaches you, in game, run away. 
• Everyone is "going psycho" all the time.
• The voices on the mic make the same sound as sticking a DVD in your ears.
• and more.

So, again, I'd be interested to read other's experiences during their time in Bad Sport.

But for now, it's time for a little ZZ Top:

Cheers!

wouldn't these michael jackson songs best describe what goes on in gta online?? :lol:

• fw3 likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:05 AM Edited by fw3, 01 August 2014 - 02:07 AM.

^^^ Smooth Criminal > Bad > Leave Me Alone > Scream! > dead. 

Yep. I'd have to agree. ;)

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:38 PM

So, I gotta laugh while scratching my head.

I was being relentlessly pursued by Chilly Bro, the same guy whose been online in Bad Sports since I've been on, and who enjoys God Mode so much that he's always in it, and whom you can never kill (obviously), when he finally caught up to me and blew up my black Bati – for the fifth time.

When I respawned, I switched sessions to find an interesting message:

"If you're a good sport, you'll get periodic rewards."

I thought, "are you kidding me? this message in a Bad Sport lobby? Unbelievable!"

But then, low and behold, there was my black Bati parked right in front of me!! 

My character still wears the silly hat and I'm still in Bad Sport, but what kind of head game is this they're playing at?

"You're a bad sport, so we put you in a Bad Sport lobby, where, if you're a good sport, we'll give you rewards."

I have an idea for a reward... instant release from the Bad Sport sentence!

Duh.

• ten-a-penny likes this

TheEroticCherry
  • TheEroticCherry

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:49 PM

<snipped>

<snipped some more>

I have to concur with another post, previously - if blowing up PVs is so "bad," then why include a Tank, Buzzard, Jet, RPG, Grenade Launcher, grenades, or sticky bums in a game where 99.753% of the time players spend in it are in vehicles?

Should we all be running around on foot, blowing each other up with rockets instead of Assault Rifles?

Rockstar designed the game like this. Not sure why players are "punished" by being segregated into a separate culture and lobby until they are <ugh> "forgiven."

I would assume they were put in for missions, DMs and such. FR wasn't meant to be a warzone. Originally it was supposed to a refit and arm place. Like most companies, R* underestimated the player. If you don't like being in the BS lobbies then stop blowing up so many PVs. It's not that hard

I appreciate the reply, but I guess I just don't buy that "they were put in for missions." If that were the case, we'd have the option to buy monkeys and call in Alien Air Strikes. LOL!

Also, I don't support the "Rockstar underestimated" perspective, as GTA4's "free roam" was total war zone mayhem, chock full o' cheaters, modders, hacks, and morons (o' my!), just like Bad Sport has become in GTAV.

I'm not bashing Rockstar, but they obviously know what they're doing; there's a method to their madness. My guess is more about micro-transactions and not blowing up PVs.

For me, I can't believe I've blown up that many PVs and I buy cash cards when I run out of GTA$ - I don't cheat or glitch (too old to bother!), so I know it's nothing to do with that.

Just saying is all. ;)

Always happy to reply. It's just a theory. I wouldn't be surprised if you were right and that is ok.

• fw3 likes this

ManInBlack
  • ManInBlack

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:03 AM Edited by ManInBlack, 02 August 2014 - 12:04 AM.

Dedicated to all those locked down in Bad Sports lobbies...Hold your head up...LOL

• ls_stories likes this

Lord_Smasherton
  • Lord_Smasherton

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:39 AM

Am I the only one who NEVER got into bad sport? Seriously Am I ?

... still haven't been in bad sport. You gotta be a reeeeaaal dick to get in I guess. Exclusive club.
Here's my thoughts, and it's not anywhere near about "being a reeeeeaaal d!ck:"

Blowing up cars adds credit to your Bad Sport level.
A high-level Mental State adds credit to your BS level.
Player's voting to kick you adds to your BS level. (more about this)
Having a long-lasting, multi-star wanted level adds to BS level.
Killing NPCs adds to BS.
Killing cops adds to BS.

It's ironic because a day or two before I got my dunce cap, I received "$2000 for being a good sport."

However, after that, I went on a couple of "revenge" tears, decimating several other players who 
make it their mission to go after the "high level" players.

Recently, I was in a lobby with two other players. That's all - just the three of us.
I sent a mugger to one of them, across town. The hit was successful.
I then got a message telling me that "other players are voting to kick you from the session."
What the? For sending a mugger?

The way GTAO is designed, it makes every effort to actually impede entertainment, cause frustration,
and force users into a system where you must make the choice to grind/pay for GTA$ or glitch.

The in-game message about being "in Bad Sport until you are forgiven" pretty much sums it up.

High mental state has no bearing as to whether you're in bad sport.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:26 AM

Its stupid only cuz u cant play private lobbies with friends. Ok I can see having a public lobby restrictions but private lobbies really

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:25 AM

High mental state has no bearing as to whether you're in bad sport.

Like me, you don't know that for positive. Sure, I'm speculating, but it seems very plausible that the criteria that would quantify a "bad sport" would have to be much more than just blowing up PVs. Right?

I spend my game time doing so much more than attacking PVs, yet here I am in Bad Sport. I don't mind, but these are just observations. ;)

DeMeNs
  • DeMeNs

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:50 AM

I dub the unforgiven.

Spoiler

OT: I personally think its bullsh*t that you get a f*cking warning for blowing up PV let alone thrown in bad sport. The whole thing is laughable. Rockstar needs to rework this feature.

Like for a great choice of music! (im a huge metallica fan)

back on topic, the logic behind bad sport is so bad that makes no sense.

why i get punished when im actually paying the insurance?

heck, why bad sport for destroying cars in a game that allow to own a tank?!!!

f*ck BS should get removed but since that wont happen, make bad sport apply only if you dont have money to pay insurance.

This. Why you go to BS for destroying a few cars (and pay for it) but you can Kill anyone and nothing happens? I can't get the logic for this.
  • fw3 likes this

Acky.
  • Acky.

Tommy

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:56 AM

Not even gonna lie, probably one of the best threads I have read as of late.
  • fw3 likes this

DannyMan
  • DannyMan

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:00 PM

Am I the only one who NEVER got into bad sport? Seriously Am I ?

tbh that's A stupid question to ask

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

OP let me know if you receive a two thousand dollar award for good behavior ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users