I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide [Bad Sport Observations]

102 replies to this topic
Flicksy
  • Flicksy

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

When I was being hunted by a group of players in personal vehicles, I decided to blow them all up. Naturally, this got me a bad sport warning, even though they attacked first. 

So, aren't I just despicable? The solo guy on a bicycle minding his own business who gets attacked by seven people in personal vehicles. I'm just the worst of the worst for blowing up those guys in self defense. Well, the game seems to think so.

According to the bad sport system, as long as those guys were in personal vehicles, i'm just a very bad griefer who terrorises the seven innocent people who killed me first and continued to hunt me.  

That is why this system is flawed. 

Yes. That does suck, I've destroyed PVs in self defense as well. Problem is. How would the game recognise who is the victim and who's the instigator? I'm sure that's why they didn't even bother to try.

• OGCFB likes this

slowburn29
  • slowburn29

Significantly more hydrated than you

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:03 AM

Glad I just got banned instead.

Two days can't stop a Mayor! 

>: )

hehe a two day ban? that'll show you lol 

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:32 AM

Wow. Bad sport sounds terrible. I never went there and I never wanna go there. It's like, a Mexican or Brazillian prison.

Lol, even the guards don't even wanna interfere. They're just there to make sure nobody escapes.
  • Flicksy likes this

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:57 AM

"Wow. Bad sport sounds terrible. I never went there an I never wanna go there"

I'm not playing GTA Online until I get out of Bad Sport on Friday night.

Bad Sport is that bad. Everyone is either in an invincible Zentorno, God Mode, and a lot of times, both.

garvdart
  • garvdart

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:18 AM

Avoiding b.s. is easy check your player state if it says clean player your safe, when/ if it says dodgy player this is where you need too stop. Join a few missions, and successfully complete (contact co-operation ones) your player state should go back too clean player relatively fast.  Do not troll during this time period you could be 2 reports away from b.s. 

If your receiving the $2,000.00 for being a good player you are safe, never receiving this bonus means you should avoid blowing up PV's.

Have a few people commend you,

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Fixed like Kennedy fixed the 1960 election

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:21 AM

I got into bad sport months ago because my console had froze during a mission.

This is the worst. I got multiple warnings when I used to freeze a lot but never put in.

mrpodo100
  • mrpodo100

Grandmaster Sexy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:58 AM

Bad sport is like a hardcore mode. Sounds fun, I'll try it with my second account.

SteveNYC
  • SteveNYC

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:00 AM Edited by SteveNYC81, 31 July 2014 - 04:03 AM.

^^^ Be careful what you wish for, it's nothing like it was in October and November when it was more of a legit hardcore mode.

Cake* Games
  • Cake* Games

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:08 AM

Am I the only one who NEVER got into bad sport? Seriously Am I ?

Nope and I blow up any super I come across since day 1... Play for hours a day, have been banned for 30 days in Jan...and still haven't been in bad sport. You gotta be a reeeeaaal dick to get in I guess. Exclusive club.
Come to think about it only one person I know got put in and he tried to get there...and vowed never to go back.
Banned but never been in a BS lobby. Now that's how the cool kids roll! To the OP: I have never been in a BS lobby, Cheater Pool or Banned and by reading what you had experienced, I hope to keep it that way.
  • Flicksy likes this

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:12 AM

"• I've received no calls from Lester, Brucie, Martin, or anyone else."

This is almost reason enough to want to go to BS lobby....

• Blingy, Mithridates158, FAT CURRY and 1 other like this

LanaDelRey888
  • LanaDelRey888

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:37 AM

I dub the unforgiven.

Spoiler

OT: I personally think its bullsh*t that you get a f*cking warning for blowing up PV let alone thrown in bad sport. The whole thing is laughable. Rockstar needs to rework this feature.

I think it's just as bullsh*t when I get my PV destroyed by players I didn't do anything to, let alone provoke

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:42 AM Edited by gizmonomono, 31 July 2014 - 05:45 AM.

If I play vehicular mayhem with one of my friends over Xbox Live, PVs are going to explode, wether intentionally or not.

I don't mean other people's PVs, I mean OUR PVs. If I hook up with 4-5 friends and we have a blast doing sticky bomb derbies at the quarry in private sessions so we don't bother people and we get separated and bad sported because of this, it's stupid. We are having fun blowing up eachother because we are friends and not randoms on the map. I know the guy, I drink beer with him on friday nights, I don't care if he blows my car up and he doesn't care if I blow his car up.

R* should not nanny the game like this. You should be able to tag other players as "friends" so you don't end up being separated from them if you don't want to. Or them blowing up your cars won't have them banned.

Having friends might be a peculiar concept to you, as is playing multiplayer games with other actual people and not in invite sessions where you don't actually invite anyone.

You assume too much. I play with friends, AND with randoms, but my idea of fun does not revolve solely around destroying PV's all the time. I can have fun in more ways then one, a concept you find peculiar obviously. If I want to blow up my friends PV on the other hand, I do it once or twice, not 50 goddamn times. If you're in a bad sport lobby for blowing up other people's cars, it's entirely your fault. Rockstar implemented the insurance system to protect your personal vehicle. Obviously they did not have in mind all the glitchers with millions of dollars to spend on blowing up supercars.

Zidnex
  • Zidnex

Wizard

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:15 AM

After reading through all of this, Bad Sport lobbies sound like fun! I'd definitely love going in and just dicking around in God mode (just minding my own business).. just need to learn how to do that..

But seriously, I might try to get in sometime. Preferably after the update, so I don't lose too much money in the BS lobby!

SteveNYC
  • SteveNYC

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:09 AM Edited by SteveNYC81, 31 July 2014 - 09:11 AM.

As I mentioned earlier, you will get sent to bad sport faster for backing out of jobs due to moronic trolls, than you will by blowing up PV's. I don't know how the point system is set up, but I know 50+ PV's didn't put me there the last 2 two times. It's these goddamn bs user created DM/TDMs, some of which you don't know are troll traps until you're in them, on top of the regular $100000000000RP plus $ 5000000000000 nigerian scammer TDMs.

To the poster above me, you better have your sh*t wired tight, right now it is invincibility hell, and if you're not invincible, or know some secret wall hiding spots, the jackals will eat you alive. Make sure you have a second character, leave enough money for ammo on your main, put the rest in your second character. Trust me people I know who have been bad sport regular legits for almost the whole series hate it now.

Exxon Valdez
  • Exxon Valdez

Asian bitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:35 AM Edited by Exxon Valdez, 31 July 2014 - 09:43 AM.

I have been in Bad Sport lobbies for a very long time. First 2 days, then 4 days, 8 days, 16 days, 32, days, 64 days, and 128 days. Next time I get bad sport I must stay there for 256 days. 

But I was lucky in my last Bad Sport sentence, my timer got glitched and I learned how to control that into my advantage so I could always decide which lobby to play in. There was an glitch which caused the "Bad Sport" timer to expire after exactly 30 minutes always. And it was always restored for new 30 min if I joined new lobby.

How I can join "Good Sport lobby" as "Bad Sport":

I can leave the lobby as "Good Sport" (leaving after 30min), then I would join "Good sport lobby" as "Bad Sport" next time I join a lobby. (restarting game, ending a job, switching lobby etc). 

How I can join "Bad sport lobby" as "Bad sport":

I left the lobby as "Bad sport" (leaving before 30min), then I would join "Bad Sport lobby" as "Bad Sport" next time I join a lobby.

With these methods I could easily control which lobby to play in, if I joined "Bad Sport lobby" as "Bad Sport", then I could just wait 30 min for the "Bad Sport" status to expire, then switch lobby and I would join "Good Sport lobby" as "Bad Sport". If I then play for another 30 min as "Bad Sport" in "Good sport lobby" I would become "Good sport" in "Good Sport lobby" and Dunce Cap would disappear.

But I could only do this 5-6 times in a day, if I did it more than that, the glitch got glitched and I would be stuck in "Bad Sport lobby" as "Bad Sport". Only way to restore the glitch was to wait 24 hours.

Many players did react on why there was a "Bad Sport" player in this "Good Sport lobby". I gave many players hell in "Good Sport lobbies" by doing what I was used to do in "Bad Sport lobbies". For example griefing players with the P-996 Lazer so the map becomes unplayable (players can't drive vehicles, stuck on foot in passive mode etc). Funny.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:04 AM

Me.

Looks like I'm the most friendliest player in this game.

mysteriousamg
  • mysteriousamg

SurvialistSociety Crew Leader & Savage11's Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:08 AM Edited by mysteriousamg, 31 July 2014 - 11:09 AM.

Ihave 4 days left of a 17 day incarceration. Its my 4th time in BS but havent been since november. You are absolutely 100% on point OP. I hate BS so much all i do is go passive and just speed through the city weaving through traffic trying not to crash. I dont use my mic unless someone calls me by name. I usually just listen through my tv on everyone chat. Its very annoying in BS (Bullsh*t). Its no comraderie unless you happen to meet someone cool. Endless trolling, endless godmoders and that retarted dunce hat. You cant wear no masks, hats, watches, or chains. I only played 3 days so far out of 17 days.

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:16 AM

Ihave 4 days left of a 17 day incarceration. Its my 4th time in BS but havent been since november. You are absolutely 100% on point OP. I hate BS so much all i do is go passive and just speed through the city weaving through traffic trying not to crash. I dont use my mic unless someone calls me by name. I usually just listen through my tv on everyone chat. Its very annoying in BS (Bullsh*t). Its no comraderie unless you happen to meet someone cool. Endless trolling, endless godmoders and that retarted dunce hat. You cant wear no masks, hats, watches, or chains. I only played 3 days so far out of 17 days.

Hopefully, the reform process will work this time.

• FAT CURRY likes this

Fennimoe
  • Fennimoe

Most Known Unknown

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:51 PM Edited by Fennimoe, 31 July 2014 - 12:52 PM.

I am in BS right now as well.

I called R* and told them to take me out.

They are still reviewing my account.

I called back.

They said I have over 900 PV's destroyed and that it's not considered defending myself because of that high #.

That's like 100 PV's a month. Lol!

9 days left.

Edit: 900 cannot be THAT much, can it!? I didn't even know they tracked that until I asked to take me out.

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

I called back.

They said I have over 900 PV's destroyed and that it's not considered defending myself because of that high #.

9 days left.

Edit: 900 cannot be THAT much, can it!? I didn't even know they tracked that until I asked to take me out.

I hope people stop using their PVs. Everyone except me. It's not like I know whether you're driving a PV or not. I decide if I'm blowing you up from across the map.

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:05 PM

Wow, thanks for sharing OP. I really appreciate it.

I've already hated those douches in normal lobbies, after OP shares his story, it becomes clear that the douches in normal lobbies are nothing compared to douches in bad sport. Thank god I ain't got the money to blow someone else's PV (got the money but not willing to waste 9K for something that's "fun").

• DrewFly123 likes this

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

Me.

Looks like I'm the most friendliest player in this game.

Most of the time being friendly is just a damn waste of time. I'm trying to be friendly to a rank 15 once, and guess what I got when I offered a ride? Instant bullet to the face.

Then one time there's a level 5 and 8 in a crew (yes, 5 and 8). I'm just speeding from Grapeseed to my apartment to Del Perro. Decided to go to Ammu-nation first, then both of them camped on me right after I came out, and I was like "f*ck being friendly, those bitches killing me all they want".

DrewFly123
  • DrewFly123

Rampant Glitcher

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:34 PM Edited by DrewFly123, 31 July 2014 - 05:39 PM.

Bad Sports sounds interesting. I blow up peoples cars all the time, Whenever anyone kills me or tries too I destroy their car. Haven't ever got sent there myself tho, I've been trying to watch it because BS sucks.

mysteriousamg
  • mysteriousamg

SurvialistSociety Crew Leader & Savage11's Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:35 PM

Hopefully, the reform process will work this time.
i got put in by a hacker. I blew up 1 pv and got 17 days.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:41 PM

Bwahahaha, you have a painted chrome, hunk of metal, with dollar sign rims and whitewalls...of course you should be in BS. :)

Smh.

LOL!! It's my only chrome vehicle left behind from the billionaire days, plus it's a Chariot Romero Hearse, a car which most people don't have.

It's also my go-to vehicle to post in redundant "show your car" threads, and always gets the same reaction. I'm glad to know it still works! ;)

• FAT CURRY likes this

ModderX
  • ModderX

#1 90's Car Fan

• Members
  • England

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:50 PM

I've never been in BS or cheaters pool. Never been banned either. I'm clean :)

Flicksy
  • Flicksy

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:04 PM

I called back.

9 days left.

It's a decent amount. To them it says you make it your mission to destroy others cars. 

They can view your bank transactions as well

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:41 PM

I called back.

9 days left.

It's a decent amount. To them it says you make it your mission to destroy others cars. 

I have to concur with another post, previously - if blowing up PVs is so "bad," then why include a Tank, Buzzard, Jet, RPG, Grenade Launcher, grenades, or sticky bums in a game where 99.753% of the time players spend in it are in vehicles?

Should we all be running around on foot, blowing each other up with rockets instead of Assault Rifles?

Rockstar designed the game like this. Not sure why players are "punished" by being segregated into a separate culture and lobby until they are <ugh> "forgiven."

• Kampret likes this

Flicksy
  • Flicksy

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:51 PM Edited by Flicksy, 31 July 2014 - 10:52 PM.

I called back.

9 days left.

I have to concur with another post, previously - if blowing up PVs is so "bad," then why include a Tank, Buzzard, Jet, RPG, Grenade Launcher, grenades, or sticky bums in a game where 99.753% of the time players spend in it are in vehicles?

Should we all be running around on foot, blowing each other up with rockets instead of Assault Rifles?

Rockstar designed the game like this. Not sure why players are "punished" by being segregated into a separate culture and lobby until they are <ugh> "forgiven."

I would assume they were put in for missions, DMs and such. FR wasn't meant to be a warzone. Originally it was supposed to a refit and arm place. Like most companies, R* underestimated the player. If you don't like being in the BS lobbies then stop blowing up so many PVs. It's not that hard

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:26 PM

I don't trust a single f*cking soul Online, and i've never been to Prison. I do have to f*cking say though, when you're doing a mission and somebody parks or even just leaves their car in front of you as your shooting, and you blow it up and get sh*t on for it, that's like... It's kinda like when you stub your toe on the table. It's seriously f*cking annoying and it'll stick with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users