Quantcast

» «
Photo

Was anybody else disappointed with the movie Meltdown?

46 replies to this topic
Maggot899
  • Maggot899

Golf Wang

• Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:45 AM

It makes me laugh hard. It was clearly made to be a "so bad it's good" satire on modern Hollywood cliches.

Seriously, Abner is such a badass.

"I just said f*ck, I'm an outlaw. That means we get an R rating!"
"I just pressed this button, and now tense music is playing, and THERE'S DATA...MOVING REALLY QUICKLY!"

Also, I'm I the only one who thinks graphic enhancer mods make GTA IV look like sh*t? I don't understand why Rockstar used one for Liberty City footage. The game is detailed enough without, a TBOGT-style colour filter would have been enough imo.

"Let's go walk through a park, for literally no reason at all"
The car flying around smashing sh*t had me laughing so hard.
  • archiebunker, universetwisters and G.S.T like this

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:32 AM

The entire film is a piss take, as is pretty much every bit of fake media in the GTA universe. I don't understand why some of you guys are taking it so seriously. We haven't seen any of the "classic vinewood" movies that Michael speaks of so we can't really judge, however based on some of names and references to them, chances are they would be every bit as retarded.

I for one enjoy Meltdown. I've watched it quite a few times and I think it's quite funny and I like the Party all the Time montage. Although, mostly I just like it for the Liberty City setting.

• archiebunker likes this

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:06 AM

I thought it was just okay they could of put way more effort into the movies or at least outsourced it to someone that could of done something semi-decent.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

Personally, I would have liked to see Rockstar's take on cheesy 50s B-movies and 70s Grindhouse/exploitation flicks. It would be a mega hoot.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

It's utter crap, the one with the british robot is so much better.

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:42 PM

I have yet to see it playing. All 3 theaters run nothing but the Loniest Robot and that artsy Italian flick.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:28 AM

Michael is a huge fan of the movies produced by Solomon Richards, so he's not remotely objective about the quality of Meltdown. He's living his dream just to be working for his idol. Think of childhood fans of the original Star Wars who got to work for George Lucas on the prequels.

• Fallcreek likes this

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Mélomanie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:37 AM

I don't even think Michael cares about how bad the movie is, I'm pretty sure he's more proud that he's actually done something productive with his life. Working with f*cking Solomon Richards on a movie in Los Santos! He's in with that crowd now, he's good.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

I can't think of a single side humor aspect of this game that was actually funny. It felt really forced which is a shame because every single past GTA had really natural satire. This one just didn't feel right. Loneliest robot in London isn't funny at all. It's more depressing than anything. Meltdown is just YouTube poop tier retarded. And that silent foreign language black and white film was neither funny nor cool. It was just what.

Then the TV shows. It all felt really corny and dumb. It just didn't feel like classic GTA humor to me. Like if I was watching impotent rage cartoon in a group of my friends, we'd all fake laugh and forced acknowledge something was supposed to be funny almost like a laugh track. But watching all this stuff alone? Stone cold no laughs.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:42 AM

Was anybody disappointed with the movie meltdown...? What? This is a forum not rottentomaotes

Reedseed12345
  • Reedseed12345

resovior mugs

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

Reminds me of wolf of Wall Street idk why

PatrickGTA5
  • PatrickGTA5

Kush King

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:58 PM

We didn't even get paid for it lol

Trevor_Phillips.
  • Trevor_Phillips.

I live for this sh*t!

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:36 PM

i like watching the TV but the videos are so compressed it looks bad GTA4 had better quality TV

• G.S.T likes this

CarlitoDorito
  • CarlitoDorito

R* Defender

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:07 PM

It was meant to be a bit crap, i think that was the joke. Michael was only an executive producer, happy to have his name in the credits. I think if you was to kiss the arse of a director, you could be an executive producer too!

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:04 PM

What you're forgetting, is that in the GTA universe, storyline is taken seriously, but media is satire and parody.

You'll be in GTA IV, with an important person dying, driving home with a Babies Overnight ad playing.

Same with GTAV. Storyline wise, the film is serious, when Michael and the old dude were producing it, it was a serious film storyline wise.

To the player, it's media, so it's made in a satirical way.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

Only film I liked was "Lonliest Robot in Great Britain", it's packed full of small detail that I think a lot of the world will miss out on that British people will notice.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:30 AM

Only film I liked was "Lonliest Robot in Great Britain", it's packed full of small detail that I think a lot of the world will miss out on that British people will notice.

That was the first film I watched in the game, and well worth it. I just love how innocent it looks but how dark the subject matter is.

Personally, my favourite of all the three films is that B&W foreign flick "Capolavoro". I guess it was because of the whole surreal nature and use of footage from GTA IV and RDR.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users