Jakao
  • Jakao

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

i just finished my .dff desert eagle model with 3ds max

cJN2YpW.jpg

and i don't have idea how to color it, or making it's .txd file or anything about coloring it, i'm good at photoshop with patterns, materials w/e i just need to know how  :cry:

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:23 AM Edited by Frank.s, 30 July 2014 - 10:25 AM.

Something makes me doubt the authenticity of that 3d model if the creator doesn't know what a "texture" is. (ofcourse, if i'm wrong then forgive me for doubting you)

However, if you are legit and didn't nick the model: it looks nice, great work. If you wanna find out exactly what game files need to be edited for it to be fully replaced then simply download other weapon mods and look at what files they replace. As for your texture issue; to make the game read the textures for your model they need to be in the associated txd file of that model. You can use many tools to make the txd file.

--> g-txd, dds2txd, txdworkshop, etc. :^:

• Ezekiel_RN likes this

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:50 AM Edited by ZAZ, 02 August 2014 - 03:54 AM.

do you know that you need Kam's Max script plugin?
so press M in 3dmax, to show Material editor, use pipette and select the model, then assigne GTA Material as material
then click in gta materials sub list to assigne textures
then the model should have the textures, look for buttons inside of material editor: "switch visibility on/off", "assigne Material to selection"

you will need to correct the texuture placement by UV mapping by this way:
select the faces you want to modify, change to UV mapping mode, click on edit button

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users