Photo

GTA Freezing and failing to load

2 replies to this topic
Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:38 AM Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 29 July 2014 - 11:38 AM.

Hey!

This has probably already been covered but I couldn't see anything with these specifics.

I've  found a really weird issue where GTA V would freeze and crash out, and if I tried to reload, the drive would stutter and freeze in the intro loading screens.I've seen others reporting this all over the internet, with some saying that it's the BR drive breaking, causing many to replace their lasers. 

Deleting and reinstalling sorts this out. The best way to check this is to try another game. If that loads, it is 99% likely that your V installation has corrupted in some way. Hooray, that's a fix! 

It happened again a couple days back. Exactly the same, I loaded up GTA having just finished playing The Last of Us, and found that the issue happened again.  

The only thing I can relate this to is playing The Last of Us beforehand -  The first time I had the issue, it happened after replaying some TLOU. I only realised this after it happened the second time. 

Has anyone else seen this and can confirm the same symptoms:

- Crashes mid game

- Will not load through the intro screens, freezing on the third or fourth screen

- Drive stutters when reading disc, as though it's stuck on a single section

After deleting and reinstalling, including updates, the game works again. 

Now, I'm not saying this is definitely caused by TLOU, but it's a pretty weird coincidence that this happened twice after the same conditions (I work in QA, so I kind of have to be able to spot these sorts of patterns). 

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:45 AM

Moved to troubleshooting Fuzz.

I know this is a ridiculous question but could the problem be a dirty disc?

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:49 PM

Moved to troubleshooting Fuzz.

I know this is a ridiculous question but could the problem be a dirty disc?

Nope, the disc is as clean as a whistle. That's the thing, I can use it after reinstalling everything, no problem so far with that. It's just the fact that it has only happened after playing that one game, and before playing that it's fine. But there's definitely no dirt being transferred from the TLOU disc to the lens or vice versa. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users