• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic
homeskillet
  • homeskillet

Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:39 PM

It would be nice if the forum had an option to show the console you play on in your avatar.

This would be helpful for a number of reasons.

Can this be done? Sure we can write it down in our signature but this would be easier to read and way more people would display the info if all they had to do was check a box.

• A J likes this

Shake 'N Bake
  • Shake 'N Bake

AlexSniperBullet exterminator.

• BUSTED!
  • Vatican-City

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:40 PM

Actually not a bad idea bud, would be nice. Though, this the wrong section, post this  idea here: http://gtaforums.com...te-suggestions/

Toke
  • Toke

Gonna cover you in sh*t like a ton of pigeons

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO
  • Contribution Award [Gangs]

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:42 PM

Moved to Site Suggestions.
  • Shake 'N Bake likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Perhaps here, things will be different.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:43 PM

That's a great idea, this should be implemented just like some other forums out there. Admins, Mods, Forum Leaders, Led-bys, please ensure this gets added, thank you.

homeskillet
  • homeskillet

Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:43 PM

Great, put it somewhere where nobody is going to read it.

Thanks.

Toke
  • Toke

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:05 AM

Thanks.

Ya only the people who could, in theory, actually implement your suggestion.

So ya, your welcome.
  • Ciaran, Tacymist, Jolly Swagman and 3 others like this

Shake 'N Bake
  • Shake 'N Bake

AlexSniperBullet exterminator.

• BUSTED!
  • Vatican-City

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:09 AM

Thanks.

Nothing would have happened to it when it was in that section, you would have just gotten mini-mods saying "wrong section f*cktard". Atleast in this section the people that MATTER will see and and hopefully implement it. 

P.S. Figure out where to put ideas and other off topic threads in the correct place and they won't be "Put somewhere where nobody is going to read it".

Thanks.

So ya, your welcome.

Exactly, you could have gotten a mod who could have just closed the thread and let the idea die.

homeskillet
  • homeskillet

Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:43 AM Edited by homeskillet, 28 July 2014 - 01:46 AM.

Thanks.

So ya, your welcome.

But it won't get implemented. It was simply a topic up for discussion, even if it was considered, doesn't it make sense to first get the communities opinion and see if they even want it done? That is what are forums are for but apparently you would rather this site just be an information storage facility 

void of discussion.

"Exactly, you could have gotten a mod who could have just closed the thread and let the idea die."

I fail to see the difference.

"Nothing would have happened to it when it was in that section, you would have just gotten mini-mods saying "wrong section f*cktard"

Which is what you did

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:51 AM

Well I like your suggestion, but not in the avatar. I think maybe have the icons for either Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo, or PC (or all if you own all systems) and put it under the country flag icons. Or have an option to have either the system icon or the flag icon.

Toke
  • Toke

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:40 AM

Thanks.

So ya, your welcome.

But it won't get implemented. It was simply a topic up for discussion, even if it was considered, doesn't it make sense to first get the communities opinion and see if they even want it done? That is what are forums are for but apparently you would rather this site just be an information storage facility 

void of discussion.

Well I don't think you're grasping the concept that the Online Section is for discussion of just that GTA: Online, which even you have to admit this thread had not even the slightest to do with.  And if you honestly think this section is void of discussion you seriously need to open those eyes and actually have a look around before throwing around blanket accusations on things that you most obviously are very ill informed about.

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

It's better to have it on profiles rather than avatar. Like, on my forum for the crew I have it like this

FZ7a2KN.png

This could really easily be added to the forum as it requires zero coding. You don't even need the images. 

android
  • android

Purple Nines

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:26 AM

You can add your gamertags and usernames on your profile. I second the suggestion where RyanBurnsRed says this.

I think maybe have the icons for either Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo, or PC (or all if you own all systems) and put it under the country flag icons.

homeskillet
  • homeskillet

Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:47 AM Edited by homeskillet, 30 July 2014 - 04:50 AM.

Well I like your suggestion, but not in the avatar. I think maybe have the icons for either Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo, or PC (or all if you own all systems) and put it under the country flag icons. Or have an option to have either the system icon or the flag icon.

That is what I meant.

Isn't that whole box considered an avatar and not just the picture? If not, what is it called?

It's a moot point anyway as we all know the people that run this site are far too lazy and inept to implement such a feature anyway.

android
  • android

Purple Nines

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:49 AM Edited by Android, 31 July 2014 - 03:52 AM.

That is what I meant.

Isn't that whole box considered an avatar and not just the picture? If not, what is it called?

It's a moot point anyway as we all know the people that run this site are far too lazy and inept to implement such a feature anyway.

Wow, I hope you know how disrespectful this is.

1 - nobody gets paid to lock topics, ban members, and constantly browse sub-forums to find bad seeds.

2 - admins have worked their asses off to give us this new version of the forums, which included a major overhaul and design, and yet they still continue to add new things, and fix whatever needs to be fixed.

The space above your GTAF username is called your avatar. You can put whatever there. 

Sorry if they're "too lazy and inept" to add such a useless feature. Ever think about putting your gamer tags or usernames in your SIGNATURE? You have nothing there anyway. It's free space.

• Andreas and Franceska like this

homeskillet
  • homeskillet

Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:32 AM

That is what I meant.

Wow, I hope you know how disrespectful this is.

1 - nobody gets paid to lock topics, ban members, and constantly browse sub-forums to find bad seeds.

2 - admins have worked their asses off to give us this new version of the forums, which included a major overhaul and design, and yet they still continue to add new things, and fix whatever needs to be fixed.

The space above your GTAF username is called your avatar. You can put whatever there. 

Sorry if they're "too lazy and inept" to add such a useless feature. Ever think about putting your gamer tags or usernames in your SIGNATURE? You have nothing there anyway. It's free space.

You are just another idiot incapable of comprehending what you read which makes your opinion pointless.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:47 AM

I'm too lazy and inept to even come up with a witty response to this...

FYI-  before the upgrade, this forum did have this feature--

Check out this archive capture of our forum from May of last year--- Just scroll down till you see one of my posts...

https://web.archive....howtopic=542989

I'm sure after the motivational rant you just gave we will get right on reimplementing this feature...

Spuds

//EDIT//

@ OP-- since you blocked me after PMing me I am forced to respond to you in public...

My response to your PM is-- "You're welcome"

You apparently are pretty dense-- I (and probably most people) think this is a useful suggestion but being a giant dick about it is not going to make it happen any sooner-- my above response was to show you that the forum at one time did have this feature (below the posts-- I don't recall if it was above or below the signature) and that it was/is a good idea.

If you deal with people in real life as you do with people on here I'm sure you will soar high in whatever career arc you choose.

Spuds

• A J and Andreas like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users