Quantcast

» «
Photo

Whats R*'s Excuse for V's Weak Melee Combat System?

211 replies to this topic
Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

So this is the American Dream?

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:54 PM

The melee in Gta 5 is much much worse than GTA 4's. Niko, Luis and even Johnny had some good moves. I don't understand why they would degrade it, it is an essential feature to be more bad-ass than just a guy with a gun, because any fool can pull a trigger.

For me what kills it in GTA V is the fact it lacks counters. It doesn't matter whether people think it's clunkier in GTA IV because the counters are more varied and complex.

Niko could disarm knives, baseball bats, deliver roundhouse kicks, uppercuts etc. With GTA V it's just a generic duck and a couple of swings. Boring.

If I had to describe the two GTA IV's is more methodical and reliant on timing. GTA V's is more ADHD like a crappy Bruce Lee simulator.

kollow
  • kollow

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:24 AM

Hopefully, Rockstar implements a training system in the game so that players can become more proficient in hand to hand combat. Also, it's more of a novelty than I had hoped. I wish I could use it in actual combat situation. I'd love to be doing advanced martial art techniques on enemies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users