Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V or Skyrim?

126 replies to this topic

Poll: Grand Theft Auto V vs The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim? (186 member(s) have cast votes)

Grand Theft Auto V vs The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim?

1. Grand Theft Auto V (125 votes [67.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 67.20%

2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim? (61 votes [32.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.80%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Vamp 1911
  • Vamp 1911

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:55 AM

Imagine that you are only allowed to play nothing else but either GTA V or Skyrim for a year. Which would you choose? 

I love both games but I would choose Skyrim as there is way more SP content to keep me interested over the year. GTA needs to get its act together and start to hand out some real SP content to make it seem longer than a simple 2 week game.

If the question was, "you had only 1 week to live, what would you play?" now that would be a hard question for me. I would actually lean back to GTA.

CallumL
  • CallumL

I love you, but you're an asshole.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

You can't really say you'd choose a game just because it has won more awards. It all depends how what type of game you like playing. GTA can have a million nominations but if you don't like it, then clearly you wouldn't choose it. (I'm not hating on it, just relating it to the OP)

But because I've never played Skyrim and it's not really my style of game, I'd obviously choose GTA V. 

DracusDemonica
  • DracusDemonica

LS Assassin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:30 PM Edited by DracusDemonica, 24 August 2014 - 01:38 PM.

Also, the story is more epic and the main characters are better in GTA V. You have three excellent main characters whom you can relate to. In Skyrim you just have one character who doesn't even have his/her own sound and feelings you can't relate to him/her.

You say the character doesn't have any sounds? Any feelings that help you relate to him/her? I must ask then, what do you sound like? When something happens what do you feel? When I play it on Legendary difficulty I feel fear when I see a dragon cause they really know how to f*ck me up. Skyrim is a ROLE PLAYING game, so the character you play as can be whatever you make it and based on however you want. If you want your character to be a mute then so be it. If you aren't hearing or relating to a character that is basically YOU then you are playing it wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I loved GTAV but Skyrim does have a better and more in depth story. I have played through V on both 360 (one time) and PS3 (running through my third time right now) where as I have played a total of two game files on the PS3 version of Skyrim and one on PC, trying out different character set ups and then with mods. If i had to pick I would choose Skyrim hands down but in almost, ALMOST, all aspects they are equal for the genre they were put into.

Besides there is one thing that Skyrim (and all of TES games have mastered) that GTA can't even touch. SNEAKING. I like being able to shoot an arrow and people think the man just fell dead rather then fire the sniper and possibly alert the whole city.

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Superfly

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

How is this even a topic? These games have one thing in common, open-world. That's it.

oldbag69
  • oldbag69

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

Skyrim because in my opinion it has a better plot and the gameplay is more time consuming

DonMichaelCorleone
  • DonMichaelCorleone

GTA SA>GTA 4>GTA V End of discussion.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

so many people prefer skyrim over gta 5.gta has the most potential to be the best game over a medieval fantasy openworld.there are lot of options to make the game better.but gta failed to do so.a medieval open world game wins over a advanced modern open world game pathetic.

SemperJ550
  • SemperJ550

"Coming for You"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:03 PM

Ahh two of the single greatest games of the 7th generation. This is going to be a difficult decision to make.

As much as i want to say Skyrim, i cannot. GTA V has MP and player interactions make the game so much more enjoyable. If this choice was limited to SP only then Skyrim for sure. Probably would blow my brains out trying to only play GTA V SP for a year... once the story is done it becomes one of the single most boring experiances in gaming.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users