• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic
thekillerdonuts
  • thekillerdonuts

We're Going To Aruba

• Members
  • Aruba

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:00 PM

The fact this thread exists kinda shows how insecure the V fans are lol.

The fact this thread exists kinda shows how insecure the IV fans are "lol".

In fact, the fact that you're posting this in this topic kinda shows a few things, too.

These trolls are getting so tireless right about now. 

The IV thread came out first and its even stated in the OP, so it's not insecure of IV to start a thread of something an OLD game did better than a NEW one. It is, however, pretty insecure for fans of the new one to retaliate and make their own thread saying what the new game did better than the old one. And what about me posting in the topic? I posted ON TOPIC LOL! I said what V did better! What are you doing? Starting sh*t AGAIN? It's hilarious, everywhere you go - you're either writing essays or your starting sh*t with people.

• Official General and Choco Taco like this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Happy 1st Birthday GTA V

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:04 PM

gameplay gta 4 does better than gta 5.

You have to be high on alligator piss fermented in meth and heroin for you to think that the shooting (and overall combat) in GTA IV was in any way better than in GTA V! In fact, the only aspect of IV's gameplay you could justify is better is the driving even though the vast majority like the driving in GTA V more. For everything else, Niko controlled like a heavy sack of meat when running around, the aiming is f*cked compared to the games that came after it, the cover is glitchy and awkward and everything generally felt dated and sluggish. I'm sorry but you have to be blinded by nostalgia to think GTA IV had better gameplay, GTA San Andreas aged better than that game and that came out 4 years earlier. 

GTA 4 became known as the "Black Sheep" of the GTA family (although it was a great game for it time and set a benchmark for HD openworld games).

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

PS4 user.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:06 PM Edited by Gtaman_92, 27 July 2014 - 08:08 PM.

- Gun customization
-Large and diverse map
-Much deeper character customizations
-Car customization
-Animals
-Underwater exploration
-Military base
-Store robberies
-Hookers

Hookers aint new,it been in the franchise for 13yrs,apart from that you list is great ;)

I meant I like the fact that they actually show up at night. In gta 4 you would see them in the middle of the day sometimes.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

This thread is weird.

If people listed just things that were both available in IV and V, and which V did better, then you could just ignore everything V has that IV didn't have, IMO.

However, I think everyone, or almost everyone, has stated at least 1 thing that V has that IV didn't, and then not listing the rest, saying IV was better in every other way.

It's just inconsistent lol.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Happy 1st Birthday GTA V

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:11 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 27 July 2014 - 08:14 PM.

^But it also have been like that for 13yrs (i played SA early last year and the hookers shows up at night) so i dont get you what you mean? sorry...

http://gta.wikia.com/Prostitutes

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:14 PM Edited by zuckmeslow, 27 July 2014 - 08:24 PM.

Zuckmeslow, those things you listed trying to bring down the customizations are just...irrelevant.

What does the power of the weapons have to do with the customization? It doesn't. The customization is still the same. It doesn't bring it down in any way.

i can add suppressor. i still get cops

i can add extra mags. great

i can add a flashlight. cool

the gun customization does not however change the damage of the guns. its not like you can choose what bullets to use or add a grenade launcher to your gun. 

im not saying i want that suff im just saying its a novelty in this game and i prefer the weapons in gta 4 because the guns sounded and felt more powerfull that they do in v.

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:19 PM

Everything.

V has:

A better map

Better characters

Better story

Better weapons

better cars

better graphics

better performance

better driving physics

better radio stations

I could go on an on but basically better everything.

I only ever played through GTA IV once in all of 5 years or so of owning it. Within the first week of owning GTA V i already completed it twice. A total of 3 times now. And i'll be going on my 4th replay when it comes to PS4. All within ~12 months of the game releasing. I'll never go back to playing GTA IV. 

• _Kindled_, Blood-Is-in-Diamond and Trevorphilipjfry like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:21 PM

I think we're saying 2 different things here zuckmeslow.

Either that, or I'm still really tired.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:29 PM

You have to be high on alligator piss fermented in meth and heroin for you to think that the shooting (and overall combat) in GTA IV was in any way better than in GTA V!

Are you an idiot?did i said shooting in gta 4 was better than gta 5?i said the overall gameplay the driving,the fun activties,realistic physics which adds realism to gameplay,the missions overall the gameplay was superior to v.but shooting in 4 is better than 5.you die soon and the weapons are like toys and gta 4 has better weapon sound and more recoil as zuckmeslow said.and the new cover system is crap too.

Better sound effects and recoil are irrelevant, the actual lock on system was sh*t (unless you played it on pc) Seriously, there is no way you could objectively defend the lock on system in GTA IV without sounding like you are blinded by nostalgia. Physics are EXACTLY the same between the two games, the only difference are the animations.  And the cover animations are more fluid in V and characters actually find the wall compared to IV where Niko would take cover on the wrong side or wrong object all together and get himself killed. I am simply looking at the gameplay objectively, how they function and handle not irrelevant details like sounds effects or immersion. 

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

I only ever played through GTA IV once in all of 5 years or so of owning it.

And probably never gave it a chance either. When I first played IV I enjoyed it but over time (years), as I replayed the game each summer, it just got better and I learned things about the game that I'd never noticed before. I don't know about you, but replaying the story, and actually paying attention to details, makes me appreciate the game more and more.

• thekillerdonuts and Militia like this

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

I only ever played through GTA IV once in all of 5 years or so of owning it.

And probably never gave it a chance either. When I first played IV I enjoyed it but over time (years), as I replayed the game each summer, it just got better and I learned things about the game that I'd never noticed before. I don't know about you, but replaying the story, and actually paying attention to details, makes me appreciate the game more and more.

I don't think you've given V a chance.

• Smaher. likes this

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:37 PM

You have to be high on alligator piss fermented in meth and heroin for you to think that the shooting (and overall combat) in GTA IV was in any way better than in GTA V!

Are you an idiot?did i said shooting in gta 4 was better than gta 5?i said the overall gameplay the driving,the fun activties,realistic physics which adds realism to gameplay,the missions overall the gameplay was superior to v.but shooting in 4 is better than 5.you die soon and the weapons are like toys and gta 4 has better weapon sound and more recoil as zuckmeslow said.and the new cover system is crap too.

Better sound effects and recoil are irrelevant, the actual lock on system was sh*t (unless you played it on pc) Seriously, there is no way you could objectively defend the lock on system in GTA IV without sounding like you are blinded by nostalgia. Physics are EXACTLY the same between the two games, the only difference are the animations.  And the cover animations are more fluid in V and characters actually find the wall compared to IV where Niko would take cover on the wrong side or wrong object all together and get himself killed. I am simply looking at the gameplay objectively, how they function and handle not irrelevant details like sounds effects or immersion. 

sound effects are not irrelevant.

but i see what you say about the cover system being a bit better. i however must say that the health in gta v is ridiculous. you die so fast in gta v.

the death physics however have been toned down from red dead redemption and max payne.

gta 4 guns had actual recoil, and sounded better. 

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Happy 1st Birthday GTA V

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:39 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 27 July 2014 - 08:49 PM.

GTA5>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Saints Row2>>>>GTA4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Saints Row3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Saints Row4/Sleeping Dogs/Watch_Dogs.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:42 PM

I think they honestly sound horrible, the M4 in IV sounds like a piece of machinery found in an airliner and the Glock pistol like an airsoft gun.

• Trevorphilipjfry and VCR like this

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

I think they honestly sound horrible, the M4 in IV sounds like a piece of machinery found in an airliner and the Glock pistol like an airsoft gun.

if you play video games with 200 watt speakers like i do, you wouldnt be saying that.

my couch shakes when i fire a gun in gta 4, it doesnt do that in gta v

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:51 PM Edited by Official General, 27 July 2014 - 08:53 PM.

Side Note:But i think Vice City is the Most Beloved in the Franchise from what i have heard and read,even David Jones called it the "Pinnacle of GTA" but why is that the case?

Not to go too much off topic, but I certainly thought VC was just that indeed. Why is that case ? I guess you just gotta play it to understand why. 

@ zuckmeslow

gta 4 guns had actual recoil, and sounded better. 

Most definitely. GTA IV much better gunshot sounds and effects than GTA V, there is no question about that. 

• Blood-Is-in-Diamond likes this

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

This thread is weird.

If people listed just things that were both available in IV and V, and which V did better, then you could just ignore everything V has that IV didn't have, IMO.

However, I think everyone, or almost everyone, has stated at least 1 thing that V has that IV didn't, and then not listing the rest, saying IV was better in every other way.

It's just inconsistent lol.

It'd be much easier if IV trolls didn't come ruining the topic... I thought the idea was to build a numbered list in a similar style to the other topics which do fun things like this, but that got utterly ruined too, so who knows what we're doing anymore... apparently, as you said, listing 3 things about V which were better and then saying "IV was better in every other way, trollollol". This whole entire forum is being ruined by these people. We'd see a global increase in happiness and uplifting topics if the moderators were to ban those people from the V section completely.

Maybe I misread the section name, and actually this is the IV section after all... I really don't know anymore.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

Everything.

V has:

A better map

Better characters

Better story

Better weapons

better cars

better graphics

better performance

better driving physics

better radio stations

I could go on an on but basically better everything.

I only ever played through GTA IV once in all of 5 years or so of owning it. Within the first week of owning GTA V i already completed it twice. A total of 3 times now. And i'll be going on my 4th replay when it comes to PS4. All within ~12 months of the game releasing. I'll never go back to playing GTA IV. 

* Better map ? Yes, probably because there is a choice of countryside, wilderness, underwater and city. However this advantage is still very flawed because of two important reasons - nothing much to see or do, and a low number of interiors. 

* Better characters ? Ha ha, now that's hilarious. Forgettable protagonists that lacked depth (Trevor the worst in GTA;s history), and one of weakest antagonists in GTA ever seen. Sorry, hell no.

* Better story ? Now I'm rolling on the floor with laughter. With that incredibly boring FIB/IAA?Merryweather bullsh*t mess of a story, not a chance in hell.

* Better weapons ? No not really, it had a bigger range of weapons, not necessarily better though. Besides, IV had much better gunshot sounds and effects, and it had a Glock pistol (V did not), so for me personally it's a no. Neutrally speaking, I'd say they were equal. 

* Better cars ? Yes, I agree. V's cars looked stunning.

* Better graphics, of course yes. V looks amazing visually, but this was expected, it's like 6 or 5 years older than IV now, come on.

* Better performance ?  It all depends but I'm guessing you mean general technical performance. If so, see above, similar response. 

* Better driving physics ? Nah IV wins that hands down. IV had better and more realistic car handling, better driving and better car effects. It also did drive-bys much better too.  

* Better radio stations ? Hmmmm, it's close. V did have quite good stations, despite what others say, but IV's felt very much suited to the NYC-style vibe. I'd say a draw on this one.

* Better everything else ? No way. I just think IV did most things better that mattered to me most. 

• PhilosophicalZebra, DonMichaelCorleone, Militia and 1 other like this

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:15 PM

SERIOUSLY.. Can't the IV fanboys f*ck off? This is "things that GTA V did better than IV", not "argue over whether the listed things are true or not". At the end of the day, it's all opinion, but this is a topic for people to voice their opinions on how V has improved over its predecessor, not the other way around. I'm pretty sure these trollish posts are worthy of a report.
  • Lucchese and Blood-Is-in-Diamond like this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

I didn't think it would be long before Official General would enter a nice, harmless positive thread and tell everyone how his opinions are facts.

OG: just stick to the anti-V thread in the IV forum, and stop trolling.
  • Deji, The Odyssey, _Kindled_ and 4 others like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:30 PM

This is why we can't have nice things.
  • The Odyssey likes this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:30 PM

We had a very large and heated V versus IV debate recently: http://gtaforums.com...ersus-v-debate/

It was a hotbed of argument and ended very badly so please take heed, the first hint of trouble in this thread and it will be locked.

Thanks.

You were warned

• SonOfLiberty and The Odyssey like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users