Should I get LCS?

7 replies to this topic
Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:15 AM Edited by Vercetti42, 27 July 2014 - 11:16 AM.

So over the past few days, I've been meaning to give LCS a go. I've never played the game before.

I plan to play it on my Android phone using PPSSPP.

But before that I have a few questions:

1) Does the game run well on Android using PPSSPP? (With tweaked settings of course)

2) Are the game's missions varied?

3) Are the side-missions good? Can you guys list some of them?

4) Can someone please list the full features of the game? (Or at least the main ones)

5) I also am thinking of 100% the game... any tips?

6) Is the game worth getting in general?

Kudos to anyone who replies. I would love a long detailed review of the game.

Thanks in advance. :)

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:02 PM Edited by Militia, 27 July 2014 - 12:02 PM.

Can't answer 1, as I play it on my PS3 with the PS2 Disc.

The game missions aren't very varied.  But I don't think any 3D Era game is very varied besides SA.  The story is quite easy, tbh, but has a good amount of missions to keep you busy.  The story only counts as 40% of the entire game with 60% worth in side stuff, just like VCS, with only 20% of the game as the story and 80% side stuff.  The "Stories" games have much more side activities than the actual story, even though there is a lot more missions in both games, compared to a game like V.

The side missions are decent.  I particularly had trouble with the RC Races which are just one single lap around a certain location, and beating the other 2 NPC Racers, but it's annoying physics with touch sensitive annoyances.  I also didn't like Bumps and Grinds.  This was a course in a dirt track beating Time Trials on a Sanchez.  Other than those two things, I didn't find the game very challenging at all.  There is also some races on bikes or in a fast car.  There is of course 100 hidden packages as usual, 20 Rampages, and 26 Stunt Jumps.  There is a mission called See the Sight Before Your Flight, which after you complete 12 times, you are rewarded an "armored" Landstalker to store in your garage, the properties are H/BP/FP/PP/TP/EC/PC (Which translates to Heavy, Bulletproof, Fireproof, Pop Proof, Tip Proof, Exclusive Color, Permanent Color).  There is also something called Avenging Angels you must do on each island to Level 15, it's similar to Vigilante but a bit easier and with a police vehicle.  You also are rewarded a proofed vehicle upon completing Level 15 in Portland, which is the Unique/BP/FP/PP/EC Avenger).  Of course there is the typical Level 12 Paramedics, Level 12 Fire Truck, Level 12 Vigilante, 100 Taxi Fares, some other stuff like Pizza Boy from VC called Punk Noodles and Well Snacked Pizza which gives you extra health, just how Pizza Boy gave you +50 health in VC.  There is many, short side activities that I forget the names to, as well.  Considering the game's percentage is 60/40 with 60% side activities and 40% story missions.

There isn't many 100% tips, except if you're a proofed vehicle collector, if you're just going for basic 100% with 0 cheats, it's not hard at all, really...Everything and anything can be done whenever you want, it's not like GTA III where you need to strategically plan and do things in the right order, or getting to 100% is gonna be extremely difficult...

I think the game is worth getting.  Other than SA, LCS is my favorite in the series.  But I also really like III, VC, and VCS.  I always like the 3D over the HD Era.

• Vercetti42 likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:08 PM

Thanks.  I've heard many people say the game is boring so I hope that is not the case.

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

The game is only boring if you can't relate to it, I'd imagine.  If you're not big on reaching 100% in general, then surely it's not gonna be fun.  But I always go for 100% with the best stats and vehicle collection.

The game is not worth the money until I do everything I possibly can in the game.  I am not the person to just do the story and then give up and put it back in the box.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

Most of the information is not detailed enough but I'm just trying not too spoil too much :)

2) Are the game's missions varied?

They're okay. Most missions are the usual "shoot everything that moves for a while". Some missions like The Portland Chainsaw Masquerade, Taking The Peace, Steering The Vote, Karmageddon and Bringing the House Down are fun and unique.

3) Are the side-missions good? Can you guys list some of them?

They're alright. Some of them are fun and varied.

Noodle Boy

Spoiler

Well Snacked Pizza
Spoiler

Trash Dash
Spoiler

Slash TV
Spoiler

RC Bandit races
Spoiler

Car & Bike Salesman
Spoiler

See The Sight Before Your Flight
Spoiler

Avenging Angels
Spoiler

Car-Azy Car Giveaway
Spoiler

Bumps and Grinds
Spoiler

Then there's the missions from every other GTA - Paramedic, races, etc.

4) Can someone please list the full features of the game? (Or at least the main ones)

No access to helicopters.
No swimming.
Liberty City from GTA III but with a few differences. Mainly everything is under construction and Fort Staunton is not a construction site.
You play as Toni Cipriani.
You are a member of the Leones so they won't kill you whenever you enter Saint Marks. They all carry pistols anyway - just like every other gang in the game (minus the Colombians and Diablos).
Exclusive weapons (Chisel and Hockey Stick).
Exclusive cars.

For a part of the game, a hit is called on you so from time to time, there will be a Hitman you can kill to get weapon and armor.

5) I also am thinking of 100% the game... any tips?

Do everything possible in the beginning. Gangs are pretty much harmless but they can still be a pain in the ass from time to time. Paramedic is easier than in III/VC. Some side missions have to be done 3 times - once on each island. Hidden Packages are rewarding (First few are quite bad but the rest is nice, in my opinion).

6) Is the game worth getting in general?

Warning: Spoilers

In my opinion, yes. The game may not have a lot of features but it's still really fun and unique. Toni is a total badass, Sal is the best main character in the game and Donald Love is a wierd cannibal who is nothing like the Donald Love we know from GTA III. Vehicles are fun to drive. Hellenbach GT for example is a very fast car and good enough for crazy stunting. Also this game has helicopters and you can't get them but with a few clever tricks, you can get one to fly any time you want. Side missions were the most fun and unique side missions I played. No other GTA allows you to drive a garbage truck and actually pick up trash and get paid for it. Now if Toni had a garbage collector's outfit like Niko does in IV, that could be great for roleplaying. Avenging Angels are good missions that last however long you want and they are actually varied (unlike Vigilante) so they're good if you like to grind for some cash and kills. If you want some legitimate source of income, you can sell some cars (PSP version can be only done once... and it's limited) or bikes (infinite on all versions) or you could sell some Noodles or Pizzas. It's your call. As I said, gangs are pretty much harmless. All of them carry pistols except the Colombians who actually care about defense and carry Micro SMG's. The gangs are like in GTA III. Everyone will hate you in the end other than the gang you belong to and the Hoods. The story is interesting enough. You're basically trying to get Sal and Leones into running the city but it f*cks up and then you blow up a tank, mess with Yakuza's, blow up a bunch of buildings, save Sal from getting killed (again) and then you finally take over in a similar way to GTA III (aka: blow up a helicopter circling around you with a risk of getting killed quickly). Missions are very fun but as I said, most of them are "kill x" or "drive to x". As for weapons, there is a big variety but I always end up using SMG or M4 anyway. Rampages are easy enough and are actually rewarding (you get an M60 to safehouse after completing all of them). Anyway, a lot of this game is fun. It doesn't have a lot to show off and can sometimes get boring very quickly but it certainly is underrated. This was my first GTA and after playing it, that was the only game I actually played.

So, yes. It is worth it and I recommend getting it.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

1. It should run well, if not you can always give it a go on your PC

2. Not really, it's basically the same thing over and over again, I don't remember there being many missions that were actually different

3. There are plenty of side missions, most of them are good and original actually in the series (not gonna list them though since it's been said above already)

4. Same as above

5. No tips, also wanna point out that not all hidden packages are available from the get-go (not talking about getting all of them before unlocking all 3 Islands, but not all of the Portland packages are available until you progress the story)

the rest are up to you in how you go after them, you should have no issues at all.

6. Since you missed out on it, of course! The story isn't that bad at all (and it's actually kinda short, expected since it was a handheld game in the first place) and Toni is actually my favorite character in the series and the fact that you get to do plenty of missions for Salvatore (a legend in the 3-D era) it was enough for me to come back and replay the game plenty of times, and for that it's now my favorite game in the series (pointed out by my profile).

gjohniu27858
  • gjohniu27858

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:11 PM

Definitely, it's easily on par with the other 3D Era GTAs IMO.
  • Khan96 and Militia like this

markwey
  • markwey

Cool Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:19 PM Edited by markwey, 27 July 2014 - 05:27 PM.

Definitely worth giving it a try.

Thinking of getting my first PSP system in near future and one of the must buy games for it is LCS . :pp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users