Does anyone actually hunt?

51 replies to this topic
iam2fresh
  • iam2fresh

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:50 AM

Hunting literally has no point in GTA V. In RDR it did because of its setting and you could sell the pelts. Even as a source of income it's tedious and time wasting.

I know GTA V isn't RDR, but I was hoping for something at least on a similar level.

basically this i haven't unlocked the mini game or mission but i do just snipe deer and birds for the hell of it

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

Played it once, it's kinda nice to sit back and enjoy the scenery of Raton Canyon and Chilliad Mountain State Wilderness. 1 thing kinda bugs me out, when a leopard approaches me, it froze like a statue.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:05 PM

Hunting on GTA V doesn't even feel like hunting at all. There's certainly no challenge whatsoever. The few limited animals are extremely easy to kill. Hunting for fun is even more pointless. Animals spawn practically everywhere, so there's no need to search.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

copy of a copy of a copy

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:39 PM

I hunted today in GTA V, it wasn't that bad when I did it. It was kinda fun, but complex in a small way. 

thafablifee46
  • thafablifee46

punk ass bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

Nah, its not even wilderness so it doesnt feel right to me

I was wondering, hunting was obviously a thing in sp, it's a strangers and freaks with a redneck named Cletus. (Ironic i know) Anyway, after you finish the first time hunting with him its a minigame. Does anyone actually hunt? Whether its for fun or just when your ridiculously bored. Just wanna know, do you hunt? 

I only did to get 100%. Haven't since.

Its not rewarding the way it was in RDR, partly because its nothing like the way it was in RDR. You didn't have to start a hunting mini game at a specific location, you just hunt when you want to. Plus the money you get from hunting on RDR is usually useful in buying more ammo, though I specifically spent all my money so hunting would be more important on that game. 

The real reward in hunting in RDR was surviving with your life lol

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:45 PM

Only in those 2 missions. I find it very boring just like the whole underwater exploration idea. Bores me to sleep...

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Dullard

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:00 PM Edited by HoleInTheSky, 28 July 2014 - 04:04 PM.

Having experienced what Rockstar could do with hunting in RDR, I had higher expectations, even as a side activity. The ecosystem was alive, and hunting felt dynamic and different each time you set out. You felt alone and in danger. Man vs nature, and you could reap the benefits by earnings from skinning. In GTA V, you're bound to one place, and it's not the best looking "forest" either. There is no skinning, no way of benefiting off the kill aside from small change and having to fiddle about with your phone more than actually hunt. What should've happened; you equip the hunting jacket, and then can trigger the activity anywhere on the map. No specific time zone where it's suddenly okay to hunt, no regional restrictions. Cletus should've had his own store, where you could then sell the meat, fur etc. Not much but it would've made it more worth while.

Gotthejuice187
  • Gotthejuice187

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:19 PM

Made 1300 in half hour, even though i have 29 million lol

SlugBug
  • SlugBug

Gusenburg Samurai

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:59 AM

I honestly thought it would be pretty cool if just Trevor could sell meat for a side hustle, but they could definitely make hunting a fun thing to do in the NG version if they made it more dynamic 

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

While not as fun like in RDR, it's still something to do in the woods. Hunting with the musket gives me some RDR vibes, though.

Cake* Games
  • Cake* Games

Owls are not what they seem

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:07 AM Edited by Cakelover21, 29 July 2014 - 07:07 AM.

Hunting is not as fun as it was in RDR. We can all agree with that. in RDR by its time, hunting was something alot of people did back then. It was also a fun aspect with the good old western style.

But with GTA V, its not as bad. I don't do it, but I will proabably start doing it later on. Animals in V aren't that great either.

Like a poster said: I think its gunna be better in NG and PC version.

Yeah, hunting in RDR was awesome. Got a nice boost of cash from it too. I remember the first time i rode into Tall Trees. That was so darn amazing. I wish R* would have made more of a Tall Trees type of epic forest in the game.
  • Kampret likes this

Miauuu5_7
  • Miauuu5_7

TenGo el raTo libReee :D el jeFe me dio Luz verDe :)

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:31 AM

Nope.
When I did give it a try on my first play through the fact Cletus sent me orders on ways to whack the animals asked with a certain weapon, it was ruined for me.

Hunting is not as fun as it was in RDR. We can all agree with that. in RDR by its time, hunting was something alot of people did back then. It was also a fun aspect with the good old western style.

But with GTA V, its not as bad. I don't do it, but I will proabably start doing it later on. Animals in V aren't that great either.

Like a poster said: I think its gunna be better in NG and PC version.

Yeah, hunting in RDR was awesome. Got a nice boost of cash from it too. I remember the first time i rode into Tall Trees. That was so darn amazing. I wish R* would have made more of a Tall Trees type of epic forest in the game.

Tall Trees! Darn that was a hunters paradise for bears! They would spawn after one another, charging for Johnny Marst! Also breaking in the black horse (forgot it's name) and riding around wearing the assassin outfit & bandana going "psycho" in towns like the #1 Outlaw from hell. I'm going play me some that Redemption now,

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

E.T.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:52 AM

I hear alot now that there is gonna be a more diverse set of animals in Next Gen/Pc version which makes sense

We don't just need a diverse set of animals, we need more f*cking TREES! Just imagine the fun if Paleto Forest was as dense as Back o' Beyond!

GTASeriesFan
  • GTASeriesFan

Realest GTA Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:06 AM Edited by GTASeriesFan, 29 July 2014 - 10:08 AM.

Played it a couple times. Got kinda bored afterwards. I prefer playing RDR's one

• Osho and Kampret like this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:29 AM

Well, of course, NO!

JRock462
  • JRock462

The Dude

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

Nope! What do you get out of it? You can't sell the pelts for money or anything. I really don't see the point of it.

LeonVegaSuarez
  • LeonVegaSuarez

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

It sucks and was a lot better in RDR

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

Nope! What do you get out of it? You can't sell the pelts for money or anything. I really don't see the point of it.

You get money when you send Cletus the pictures of the kills. 

So you can sell the pelts for money. 

• JRock462 likes this

ESClassic
  • ESClassic

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:20 PM

Hunting in RDR made sense.....In gta V....doesn't really go together.

JRock462
  • JRock462

The Dude

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:47 PM

You get money when you send Cletus the pictures of the kills. 

So you can sell the pelts for money. 

Oh I didn't know that..Thanks

KingGTAV
  • KingGTAV

Unutterably Mesmerized by New-Gen GTA: V.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

Hmm; I think that I will approach hunting in the new version of Grand Theft Auto: V, and see how both the dynamics and parameters have been optimized from Last-Gen. :) 

InnocentA
  • InnocentA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

Only to do the no cops glitch for trevor, although if any animal is foolish enough to walk into the road i will take it out. Also crept up on deer a few times and then beat it to death with the night stick, made a topic on it once, but some cocktard deleted it for whatever reason

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users