Vehicle Index

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic
AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:07 AM Edited by uNi, 03 August 2014 - 12:17 AM.

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

WHILE WE APPRECIATE BOTH PRAISE AND CRITICISM TO KEEP THIS THREAD AS CLEAN AS POSSIBLE AND TO AVOID OFF-HANDED/OFF-TOPIC COMMENTS WE HAVE TO INSTITUTE A SERIOUS REPLIES ONLY RULE!

ALL SPAM OFF-HANDED COMMENTS/OFF TOPIC POST WILL BE DELETED!

uNi & the Forum Mods
Have the right to remove any and all comments we deem spam/off-topic.

Spoiler

So please unless you have something to contribute or it has to do with this thread and helping out please do not make offhanded/off topic comments regarding this project.

Please do not let these rules turn you away from posting if you have any ideas on how to make this project more efficiency please post your comments below every little bit helps.

___
__
_

Edit: To address those who are confused on what this topic is going to be, This is going to be a thread with links to the topics we are NOT putting all of the topics into one thread we are merely making an Index like you would have in the back of a textbook where you look up something you want and it tells you the page it's on..

For example: Say you want to post a picture Z-Type in the Z-Type Appreciation Thread but you can't find it and the search function isn't any help so you will come to this thread and look for the Z-Type Appreciation Thread you click the link and you will be taken to that thread.

Alright folks as requested and talked about in the Calling All GTAForumers I am happy to announce that coming soon we will be having a Car Index Thread...

People have been asking for something like this ever since the GTAO Section was added to this forum and with co-cooperation with uNi and the Job Index we are going to have a Car Index thread.

In this thread we are going to have anything and everything car related in this thread so everything is in one centralized location so instead of combing though pages upon pages or relying on the Search Function to give you the results you want only to come up empty not everything will be in one spot.

This thread will include...

• All Of The Car Appreciation Threads
  • Car Showroom Threads
  • GTA V Cars vs Their Real Life Counterparts.
  • Performance Information
  • Car Index Category (Cars will be put into groups via their makes such as Vapid)
  • Car Prices (What They Cost Though Websites)
  • The Car Sales Topic
  • How Much Cars Will Cost From Website + Fully Modded
  • Others

These are just to name a few subjects that will be placed in this thread.

This thread is going to be open for folks to submit a thread they could like to see added to the thread.

Although i already have my team and don't need any more help putting this thread together.

We could also use your help with finding all of the Appreciation threads that are on this forum, It is going to be IMPOSSIBLE for one person to find every single Appreciation thread on their own so any help we can get would be very much appreciated and you will be given credit for helping.

So if you see a thread that you think would be worthy if being added to the Car Index Thread please feel free to share it these could be discussion about the Spoilers or Tires as long as it's a discussion we will review it and see if it meets the requirements to be added

• GroundZero, Myoyoy, itrpatrick and 4 others like this

Ibareny
  • Ibareny

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:13 AM

Sounds like a good idea.

Sneakerfeen11
  • Sneakerfeen11

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:21 AM

Anything car related is a plus. 

• Zito and GtaFiveLs like this

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:23 AM

it would make more sense to just have a car related subforum.  a single thread could get just overpopulated and make the original intent worse.

• urban_RED_NECK, Ninjambie, TheStalked and 8 others like this

Ikeblaster
  • Ikeblaster

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:26 AM

Yessssssssss! Finally!! Remember my post a few weeks ago asking for this!!?? Woohoo!

keep_calm_play_GTA
  • keep_calm_play_GTA

allergic to chradders

• Members
  • India

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:31 AM Edited by keep_calm_play_GTA, 27 July 2014 - 06:32 AM.

I want to hug you

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:36 AM

it would make more sense to just have a car related subforum.  a single thread could get just overpopulated and make the original intent worse.

The mods have already said no to this 100 times so this is their compromise.

This isn't solely my doing this is in Co-cooperation with uNi  a moderator...

Let me ask you this, Would you rather have this or nothing at all?

Besides the thread itself will be locked there won't be any comments allowed so only the Links to the threads will be on that thread so I will have the thread all to myself so that means i can have 20 post with up to 50 links in each post.

So no the thread won't overpopulated because it won't be loss in the suffle and besides i can add and delete threads/links as needed

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:40 AM

what about a proper race thread/index?

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:46 AM

The mods have already said no to this 100 times so this is their compromise.

This isn't solely my doing this is in Co-cooperation with uNi  a moderator...

Let me ask you this, Would you rather have this or nothing at all?

Besides the thread itself will be locked there won't be any comments allowed so only the Links to the threads will be on that thread so I will have the thread all to myself so that means i can have 20 post with up to 50 links in each post.

So no the thread won't overpopulated because it won't be loss in the suffle and besides i can add and delete threads/links as needed

so it links all car related threads in it.  then thats ok.  i never got a clear answer on why the mods insist on not making any new subforums though.  its probably more work having to link all car related threads into one than just starting fresh with a car subforum.  but whatever.

Cokecan72
  • Cokecan72

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:54 AM

Anything car related is a plus. 

As long as it's not a rare car thread, Aye !!!!

• Sneakerfeen11 likes this

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:16 AM

Well that will certainly be helpful for anyone looking to show off their cars, or enter car competitions (even though 'shootings' last one will be over soon), and a stats and price guide would be nice for some people, so that's a good thing, it won't clear up the main forum though like a sub forum would - can I ask why it is that the mods are so against the idea?  Does it cost money?  Long hours?  It surely won't need much moderation.

• DopeFresh likes this

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:46 AM

Too bad you can't reply to locked threads.
Too bad uNi is an admin.

Honestly, the job index didn't go well either, so why would this go well?

AWEMYGOD
  • AWEMYGOD

Heistdelayer

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:01 AM

This thread will include...

• All Of The Car Appreciation Threads
  • Car Showroom Threads
  • GTA V Cars vs Their Real Life Counterparts.
  • Performance Information
  • Car Index Category (Cars will be put into groups via their makes such as Vapid)
  • Car Prices (What They Cost Though Websites)
  • The Car Sales Topic
  • How Much Cars Will Cost From Website + Fully Modded
  • Others

I admire the amount of effort you (are going to) put into this, but this is not going to work.

Muscleracer
  • Muscleracer

Chevy>dodge>ford

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

I love the idea but i have one question. Will bike treads be in the car index?

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

Putting all car related threads into one single thread isn't going to work. It's just going to be a cluttered mess. It's fine as it is in my opinion.

• DeMeNs likes this

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:19 PM

Putting all car related threads into one single thread isn't going to work. It's just going to be a cluttered mess. It's fine as it is in my opinion.

They aren't looking to put all car related threads into one thread. The intent is merely an index thread containing links to all subject-related threads.

What is proposed here isn't the same as the Bitch & Moan thread and so on.

I have my reservations on whether this will work based on who the OP is, but hopefully that clarifies the intent here since a few people are getting the wrong idea.

• Zito likes this

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

Still have my doubts. Don't think the OP does this to help, but rather to.. yeah.
If it were anyone else, I would still have doubts, but not for the same reason.

I personally think it's fine as it is now. If people want to see cars and appreciate them, they can use... you knowww.... the search option?

It's there for a reason.
  • Tacts_21 likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:07 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 27 July 2014 - 01:08 PM.

What's the real point of this thread? Okay, you're working on a car index. No problems with that and think it's an okay idea, but is it really necessary to make a "coming soon" thread? You have your team, you don't need any help with putting the thread together. Either work on it or release it.

Seriously, by making a "coming soon" thread, you're basically screaming "I have this idea so I want to be first to do it - no one else has the permission, that is reserved by me"

• Franceska likes this

Tawner
  • Tawner

Beast Extraordinaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:09 PM

Another about to be 50+ page thread noone will care about, I dont understand, why is everyone trying to consolidate all of the worthwile threads in a huge clusterf*ck of posts, like the Q&A, story and now this thread. Nothing worthwile will pop up anymore, this just gives the sh*tty threads more space. I love checking appreciation threads...

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

I'm already working on my own gta:online car modifications database. Didn't know about this.

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

Well that will certainly be helpful for anyone looking to show off their cars, or enter car competitions (even though 'shootings' last one will be over soon), and a stats and price guide would be nice for some people, so that's a good thing, it won't clear up the main forum though like a sub forum would - can I ask why it is that the mods are so against the idea?  Does it cost money?  Long hours?  It surely won't need much moderation.

i have created webpages in the past and its not too hard to create another part of one.  of course i havent done it in years, but i dont imagine it changing.

K3vLegend
  • K3vLegend

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:02 PM

Would have been ecstatic if there would've been a subforum for it, it clears so many issues, #1 being congestion. With that said I don't see how this resolves that all too well..I'll bite my tongue for now

• DopeFresh likes this

Arlarse
  • Arlarse

I'm Just a Guy

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

Would it not be wiser to make a thread for each car class and then discuss the relevant vehicles in each one? This in idea seems good but wouldn't it get cluttered?

• Zito likes this

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:54 AM Edited by AiraCobra, 28 July 2014 - 02:55 AM.

To address those who are confused on what this topic is going to be, This is going to be a thread with links to the topics we are NOT putting all of the topics into one thread we are merely making an Index like you would have in the back of a textbook where you look up something you want and it tells you the page it's on.

For example: Say you want to post a picture Z-Type in the Z-Type Appreciation Thread but you can't find it and the search function isn't any help so you will come to this thread and look for the Z-Type Appreciation Thread you click the link and you will be taken to that thread.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

"Sucks to your ass-mar."

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:14 AM Edited by Sugar Free Nos, 28 July 2014 - 11:15 AM.

Well, I suppose you can add The Bravado Appreciation Thread to the post. Not only is it the best Appreciation thread on GTAF, but it'll knock out about 13 vehicles.

Link is in my signature.

If you'd like to add my garage explanation to the misc. section, you're free to do so as well.

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:14 AM

If you can delete comments what are you are a mod or something?

OT: so it can be something like this

Dubsta 6x6

300px-BenefactorDubsta6x6-Front-GTAV.png

Real life ccounterpart

Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG 6x6

405025.jpg

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:31 AM Edited by Franceska, 03 August 2014 - 08:32 AM.

If you can delete comments what are you are a mod or something?

Just a wannabe.

But I'm still confused, are you still going to put the links up in the OP or not? Your "explanation" makes even less sense to me. o.o

And how is the search not any luck? Just type "Z-Type appreciation" and you have your thread.. That's how I found the Coquette Appreciation thread..

Cokecan72
  • Cokecan72

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

Can some explain to me.. Is this something that is "Going to" have links to threads in it, as so far i can't see anything that is useful in this thread.

Where's the appreciations ???? Surly it's easier just to search the forum.. or am i just not getting something here...

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:05 AM

This can stay locked until such a point as some progress is made on it.
  • Cokecan72 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users