Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is GTAO Becoming a Job?

74 replies to this topic

Poll: Is GTAO Becoming a Job? (153 member(s) have cast votes)

Does GTAO feel more like a job than a Game to you?

1. Yes (40 votes [26.14%])

Percentage of vote: 26.14%

2. No (93 votes [60.78%])

Percentage of vote: 60.78%

3. Don't know i never really though of it like that (20 votes [13.07%])

Percentage of vote: 13.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote
raggingmonkey
  • raggingmonkey

Sarcastic Idiot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:07 AM

I find it hilarious that some people will grind Roofotop Rumble for an entire day, make maybe 1.5 million GTA$, and then complain about it - if you had worked for the day, even at minimum wage, you'd have made enough to buy several ca$h card$ worth 2/3x as much GTA$ as RR would have got ya.

Or you could of done the hooker money glitch and gotten $100 million in the time it takes to watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. ;) But nah, must GRIIIIINNNNDDDDD......

And then watch your money disappear one day and start from 0. lol 

I'm still waiting for that day :p

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:12 AM

We don't HAVE to grind?  That's funny.  I don't know how you can say that with a straight face.   :bored:

Doing hundreds of hours of low-RP jobs and low-RP races for 6 months of nights and weekends in my life, to get enough RP on my characters to get decent weapons and health, and then boosting over 100 races to unlock my car mods, felt ever so much like what I imagined the worst kind of MMO farming to be like.  Now that I can select my three easy high RP, high $$ solo grinders from my menu and effortlessly sail up the ranking and millionaire scale, whenever I choose, feels like freedom, in comparison.  

Another way to think of this is that I can either consider GTA0 to be a job, or I can consider the GTA0 experience to be a miserable hellhole of frustration, humiliation, bullying, abuse, dirty racing, betrayal, and generally having to interact with the worst assholes on earth.  Relative to that, I think I will gladly play GTA0 as a job :)

Well, you could of played survivals and parachuting. These two gives a high RP depending on what wave you reached [survivals] or how much points you scored [parachuting].

Also, I like the way how you play. RR at daytime only, Defender at nighttime only.

OT: I did felt like its a job back when I was lower than lvl70 because there was nearly no good missions to do. All I did was farming Boneyard for RP and money. Nowadays if I had the mood I simply play Survivals, end up with either Defender or Base Invaders, finishing with RR. Easy money.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:15 AM

We don't HAVE to grind?  That's funny.  I don't know how you can say that with a straight face.   :bored:

You don't have to grind. You really, really don't.

I realize that the gist of the OP was, now that we are all nice comfy high level players, do we grind, do we have a  moneymaking routine that seems like a job?  Yeah, I do that,  but it's better than the alternative (free roam bullsh*t) in my opinion.  

But what I meant above was that the experience of getting from a low level character up to where you can get decent weapons and unlocks.  I consider that to be MMO drudgery. :(  Do you guys even remember what you had to do from the time you started GTA0 until you achieved level 100?  Tell me that you had nothing but fun doing that, and hardly ever repeated any job or race in a routine way, in all that time.  I bet you farmed something.  

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

Anyone that thinks its like a job
A: Go do a real life job for a week then go back to gta for a week lol....
B: Go play a mmo like wow where just getting your sh*t together for a proper raid, takes all day farming mats and G etc....
Welcome to GTA:O the hybrid sandbox/action/MMO... Just be happy we don't HAVE to grind just to have the opportunity to play.

Doing hundreds of hours of low-RP jobs and low-RP races for 6 months of nights and weekends in my life, to get enough RP on my characters to get decent weapons and health, and then boosting over 100 races to unlock my car mods, felt ever so much like what I imagined the worst kind of MMO farming to be like.  Now that I can select my three easy high RP, high $$ solo grinders from my menu and effortlessly sail up the ranking and millionaire scale, whenever I choose, feels like freedom, in comparison.  

Another way to think of this is that I can either consider GTA0 to be a job, or I can consider the GTA0 experience to be a miserable hellhole of frustration, humiliation, bullying, abuse, dirty racing, betrayal, and generally having to interact with the worst assholes on earth.  Relative to that, I think I will gladly play GTA0 as a job :)

Like I said, go play something like wow, where you really DO have to farm/grind mats for potions, and gold for repairs all day, just so you can "play" the game (ie raid) later that night. THEN there's the chances your loot wont drop for months etc... Most the faggy community here would die of upset if gta was actually like that.

I have grinded the races, i have farmed RR, i also have a job and still find it laughable anyone would compare it to work... Wtf you guys do for a living?? :-\

G o d
  • G o d

The Creator Of Everything

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:17 AM

Lol nah but i feel like i should be paid real life money for hosting rooftop rumbles and helping noobs level up and get $

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:22 AM

it becomes a job when you dont buy cashcards or glitch. which is basically the same thing. just that one of them doesnt add to the golden pool of taketwo shareholders!

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

While I wouldn't say it's a "job," it certainly has become a drudging chore to acquire money.

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:58 AM

That stuff is way too much for me to read.

You wrote a novel right there.

Basically what Xyn said on the first page: It's not a job unless you treat it as a job. 

elfoam
  • elfoam

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

Working for the money is what makes the game so long lasting and fun. Problem is like real life if you work at the money that hard you end up bored, nothing left to achieve and get sad. They really need to give us more level unlocks worth spending on.

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:17 AM

Working for the money is what makes the game so long lasting and fun. Problem is like real life if you work at the money that hard you end up bored, nothing left to achieve and get sad. They really need to give us more level unlocks worth spending on.

They increased the rank cap, but didn't add anything beyond 120 to work for (other than gun skins, ofc) 

img-2629587-1-8u2b.jpg 

• robban likes this

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:26 AM

Nothing is ever a job when you're rich.

DoubleDutch
  • DoubleDutch

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:16 PM

You really don't have to grind. Things are expensive for a reason and that's so you have something to work towards. If every mission paid out $50k where would the fun in that be? Everbody would have the best sports cars and the best houses within a couple of weeks. If you just play the game like a normal human you will make a lot of money without realising it and be able to buy the things you want anyway. I don't get why people think R* owe them money. You don't HAVE to be a multi millionaire or own all the sports cars and gun tints to enjoy the game. It's not a requirement.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

If a video game is becoming your job, you need a job

BennnFazio
  • BennnFazio

Snowboarding Bum

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:30 PM

Go outside.

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:26 AM

I consider keeping alive in Free Mode enough of a job because of all the jack*sses. Along with keeping a little money to survive in Free Mode, gathering cash when new DLC comes. Then again, it's been a few weeks since I last played (Primarily due to clan problems and getting Battlefield 4) 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users