Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is GTAO Becoming a Job?

74 replies to this topic

Poll: Is GTAO Becoming a Job? (153 member(s) have cast votes)

Does GTAO feel more like a job than a Game to you?

1. Yes (40 votes [26.14%])

Percentage of vote: 26.14%

2. No (93 votes [60.78%])

Percentage of vote: 60.78%

3. Don't know i never really though of it like that (20 votes [13.07%])

Percentage of vote: 13.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Ai家妯b家
  • Ai家妯b家

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:33 AM

I keeping seeing these same threads at least weekly from people asking about money glitches or which mission provides the best money and talking about grinding.

The way it is looking for me is that people aren't treating GTAO like a game anymore but rather like a Job.

Is this game even fun to anybody anymore because of the way it feels like you are going to work when you turn on your system rather than to have fun.

Even if you aren't "Working" for the money you are "Working" for the RP.

I like R* method of us earning money to buy things but they make a lot of stuff in the game really expensive and within 15 minutes of a new update coming out i see threads popping up on here compiling about how they are broke since they bought everything that came out with the new update.

Although it would be wise to learn money management you shouldn't have too, But until R* changes stuff around you are just going to have to learn how to invest your money or go back to "Work"

Here are some tips to help you...

1. When a new Update/DLC comes out don't run out and buy everything that they released unless it's a limited time item they aren't going anywhere and you can always buy them later on down the road when you have the money.

2, When buying a brand new car released with and update or a new car in general make sure you that you actually sell the car you are planning to replace i see/hear about it all too often of people who just buy a new car and replace an old car in their garage forgetting that they just sent $120,000-$500,000 down the drain without even realizing it.

3. Don't treat this game like a Job, Have fun with it go and do missions even if they aren't high paying missions.

Start off with a mission from the mission list and instead of exiting and finding the same mission over and over again instead choose from missions from the voting screen before you realize it you'll have $100,000 if not more in your pocket just have fun with the same.

My absolute favorite of all the crappy logic that R* has used in the last 9 months is  R* doesn't want people glitching money and doing other stuff but which shows that the demand for money is high so instead of increasing payouts for high level missions/jobs but instead they nerf payouts and make jobs harder.

If they would actually make the payout equal to the amount of work and how hard the mission is it would be a lot better.

Missions such as Los Santo Connection & Dry Docking they are hard missions almost impossible to do with teammates let alone by yourself but the payouts aren't fair with the job while Rooftop Rumble doesn't require you to do much work at all and you get $18,500.

They increased the Survival payout by an extra $10,000 to make it $30,000 that's great and all but they should also add a level difficulty to survival just like with missions and payout should vary by difficulty such as $20,000 on Easy $30,000 on Normal & $50,000 on hard

Also another Logic by :r*: i didn't understand it's called Survival which means and it does mean this in every game i've ever played that had a "Survival" that you kept going until you and all your teammates were killed you didn't stop at level 10 you kept going til everybody was dead and that is exactly how it should work in GTAO.

Payouts should also increase for those who do missions by themselves

How many of you feel that GTAO has become more of a "Job" than a Game?

How do you handle it?

Do you have any money saving/investing tips you'd like to share with others?

What/How Should R* address these issues with money and missions?

What is ONE thing if you could talk to a :r*:Dev in person what would you ask them to add/fix/change or do when it comes to GTAO?

• AceThaCreator likes this

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:34 AM

the hardest 9-5 you will ever have
  • Governator, Sangers, itrpatrick and 2 others like this

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:35 AM

post-6812-Bender-didnt-read-LOL-gif-Imgu

Spoiler
  • Johan, word is bond, Ciaran and 16 others like this

Sneakerfeen11
  • Sneakerfeen11

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:35 AM

No, it's what YOU make it. 

• thebrianmo likes this

HankyPankyFan
  • HankyPankyFan

Sexiest member title EVER.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:36 AM

f*ck..How many letters are there? I can't read that much!

gbrown100
  • gbrown100

Ninja

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:43 AM

I find it hilarious that some people will grind Roofotop Rumble for an entire day, make maybe 1.5 million GTA$, and then complain about it - if you had worked for the day, even at minimum wage, you'd have made enough to buy several ca$h card$ worth 2/3x as much GTA$ as RR would have got ya.

Or you could of done the hooker money glitch and gotten $100 million in the time it takes to watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. ;) But nah, must GRIIIIINNNNDDDDD......
  • Governator, ZeroF0rce, hei3enberg and 2 others like this

Sneakerfeen11
  • Sneakerfeen11

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:44 AM

I find it hilarious that some people will grind Roofotop Rumble for an entire day, make maybe 1.5 million GTA$, and then complain about it - if you had worked for the day, even at minimum wage, you'd have made enough to buy several ca$h card$ worth 2/3x as much GTA$ as RR would have got ya.

Or you could of done the hooker money glitch and gotten $100 million in the time it takes to watch Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. ;) But nah, must GRIIIIINNNNDDDDD......

And then watch your money disappear one day and start from 0. lol 

• ballen205, Sangers, ~TKP~ and 2 others like this

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:45 AM

But why would you spend your hard earned cash IRL on something you can't physically hold in your hand?
  • mmm chocolate and jtet37 like this

AwesomeJokeGTA
  • AwesomeJokeGTA

GTA Player :D

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:45 AM

Yeah it's a job
Good thing I have 20 Adders and 15 million dollars in the bank so I don't have to work
  • ls_stories likes this

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:49 AM

But why would you spend your hard earned cash IRL on something you can't physically hold in your hand?

So...

How are you on the internet then?

You can't physically hold it nor do you ever own it...

It's simple; people choose to buy it the same reason they buy tracks off of iTunes; entertainment.

• hei3enberg, ~TKP~, TimelyMeerkat and 4 others like this

Obviously
  • Obviously

Steak With Grilled Cheese

• The Yakuza
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:50 AM

This thread is dumb. 

• JOEsAGGRESSIVE and The Angel King like this

mmm chocolate
  • mmm chocolate

.... BLAINE COUNTY .... xbox one

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:55 AM

GTA games always feel like a job.

From SP to ONLINE, you're always doing something for someone else.
They even made numerous jabs at the fact in SP, most notably, not paying you for jobs until the end of the game.

Dottie
  • Dottie

Crusher of hopes and dreams

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:57 AM Edited by Winning001, 27 July 2014 - 05:00 AM.

Its a job if all you do is just grind. How about trying to not grind? photo_thumb_931934_jpg_r_1398800973.jpg

• Cwinny24 and lihety like this

cattafett
  • cattafett

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:58 AM

its a job only when my nephew messages me to tell me hes been griefing someone and now hes getting owned

i'd love to leave him to it but the grief i'd get from my sister and mother would be worse than getting spawn killed

while a modder makes me poledance 

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:58 AM

So...

It's simple; people choose to buy it the same reason they buy tracks off of iTunes; entertainment.

Well not everything ya know? Just tryin to get a point across, jeez

AwesomeJokeGTA
  • AwesomeJokeGTA

GTA Player :D

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:02 AM Edited by AwesomeJokeGTA, 27 July 2014 - 05:02 AM.

So...

Yeah but why buy it if you can get it for free?
That's like buying a Vapid Dominator on the website

jtet37
  • jtet37

Want his Police Buffalo back.....

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:03 AM

No, for me def not a job...buuuttt......i was fortunate enough to glitch plenty of cash and rp, i feel so privileged haha.

Yea man i really feel for new people who arent gonna or dont know about glitches. Earning cash and rp is sooo slow. AND THE UNLOCKS ARE RIDICULOUS. Garbage weapons for so many early lvls......ap pistol is the only effective gun for a long time.

I wouldve had most of the 'important' weapons unlocked much earlier... heavy sniper, rocket launcher, carbine rifle.

And some of the prices in lsc are INSANE....esp for the meaningless stuff......17k for a pearl, 20k for a horn, etc etc....... WHEN THE HIGHEST PAYING MISSION GIVES OUT 18k WTF? Cars are almost the only means of expression in the game....i cant see what your wearing from 30 ft away...and dont care. But love seeing what other have done to their cars.

I totally understand why the performance upgrades are expensive.....but what about the body kits/bumpers/spoilers etc? Why are they so comparatively cheap?

For some reason minor, inconsequential cosmetic changes to cars are the costliest part of the game......WTF WTF WTF???

Also like how rockstar released the overpriced fireworks and sovereign to DRAIN SOME CASH before heists......very cute way to wake up my inner conspiracy theorist...
  • saintsrow, JOEsAGGRESSIVE and don ovdi' island like this

lihety
  • lihety

Asian Boy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:05 AM

yes its a job for me to get to level 75 to host rr then ill chill :) 10 more levels

Quarthon
  • Quarthon

Sunnyvale Trailer Park Supervisor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:08 AM

TG DR

n0tj0sh33
  • n0tj0sh33

H20 Lean Same Thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:20 AM

Just forget about money and this rediclious need to own everything in the game and you won't think of it as a job.

• Xyn likes this

-Jacking-
  • -Jacking-

Formerly Agent-Sanchez

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:21 AM Edited by Agent-Sanchez, 27 July 2014 - 05:22 AM.

The problem of Rockstar, it is that they affirm that the money glitchs insupportent them where as their incentives in Shark Cards also insupportent us!

Example °1 : The prices of the weapons, tunings in Los Santos custom, etc are 50x more expensive on the Online mode than on the story mode. Why?

Example °2 : the problems of insurances appear with the update 1.06 and fix problem just at the update 1.11… To incite the players to twice repurchase the car which it lost + to have to customize it once again? To then encourage it with the Sharks cards because doesn't it have enough?

Example °3 : Why can't we disable the cops in a session if we are the host of the session? As in GTA IV? But rockstar preferred to make us pay 5'000 $ for only 3 minutes to withdraw the cops. I don't understand why? 

Example °4 : Why they are occupied to make patchs on the money glitch ONLY than TO DEAL with the important bugs on GTAO [Connection, freezes, servers,etc]? Why they have to complicate the mission of Martin Madrazo, with the flight of file? Because they knew that one earned money so much by achieving this mission daily newspaper.

Example °5 : The challenges of crews are not available any more.

Example °6 : Why when we put our money at the bank, we lose 500 $ nevertheless whereas it is impossible since all our money is stored at the bank?

These examples have the objective to show you that Rockstar encourage the players to use glitchs since they encourage them at the same time to use Sharks Cards because of lack of possibilities of fast moneys to finally be able to do what we want on this game : To have fun,quite simply.

• ~TKP~ likes this

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*ckers always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:22 AM

Is GTA:O becoming a job? No.

As for the OP at large.. Xyn put it best:

post-6812-Bender-didnt-read-LOL-gif-Imgu

Spoiler
  • Xyn likes this

Diani The Otter
  • Diani The Otter

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:24 AM

Nope. I still have a lot of fun. Hell all I really do is missions. TDM is no fun with out friends, racing turns into bumper cars 

SteelerMonkey746
  • SteelerMonkey746

Ooooooooops

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:25 AM

Gta:Online will never feel like a job to me because my friends and crew mates keep things interesting. Freeroam, missions, racing, and general shenanigans keep things fresh for me.

Ikeblaster
  • Ikeblaster

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:36 AM

No. I'm to busy playing the stupid destiny beta having to beat lvl 5 to play pvp is bull sh*t
  • ~TKP~ likes this

Wombater
  • Wombater

Swipe Right? No? Ok...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:54 AM

:lol: I'm retired.

#teamstinger

Relative007
  • Relative007

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

At times Yes, although I still play for entertainment/fun/enjoyment, however it is slowly becoming more a force of habit...

Really need better Mission payouts, a ton load of more Missions (or a rigorous Mission creator that prevents ludicrous Jobs from being created such as the RP lobbies), obviously Heists for new game play alone and R* to do a better Job of communicating their supposed vision for GTA Online. They spend plenty of time advertising Crews, Fan Art, Throw backs and Live streams but keep the community ill informed on new content itself...not to mention the lack of new Contact Missions (those added so far are aimed at Lower Ranks, why not Higher Ranks?) and the elusive Heists.

Overall I consider GTA V is a very good game and GTAO is still enjoyable and not a Job, however with the less than stellar Independence Day Update (only thing from it I have used in last 3 weeks is the Musket), it seems a long time without any new playable content to enjoy (coming up 6 weeks from Hipster). 

• saintsrow and ~TKP~ like this

Fonshway
  • Fonshway

Run N Gun KillaZ

• Members
  • United-States
  • Miss Los Santos 2015

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:13 AM

If this game is starting to feel like a job, maybe it's time you put down the controller and go outside. Or play another game.
  • Alvarez likes this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:26 AM

Here's the thing...compared to destiny which actually has a Economy and is easy to get glimmer is which the currency in game. This is 2x the work. If gta can have something like destiny and how they manage money. Then something could workout.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:03 AM Edited by saintsrow, 27 July 2014 - 07:03 AM.

If this game is starting to feel like a job, maybe it's time you put down the controller and go outside. Or play another game.

Maybe it's time that Rockstar delivers that "bold new direction" that we heard about somewhere :)

On topic, yes GTA0 is like a second job, after I drag my ass home from my day job. It has been like this since the early days, when I did countless nights and weekends of solo racing to painfully and slowly level up out of the pathetic state that we start at in GTA0.  

Grinding is just force of habit at this point - I can't see wasting time on anything else other than the highest-paying, fastest, easiest missions.  But every once in a while, I play with randoms just to sample the culture and community.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users