Quantcast

» «
Photo

Any missions better than Rooftop Rumble?

94 replies to this topic
Moonwalker98
  • Moonwalker98

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

If you're going for just $$, then mixed up with coke for sure.

*with a buzzard

Otherwise potshot.

Cwinny24
  • Cwinny24

Hustler

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:09 PM Edited by Cwinny24, 27 July 2014 - 11:09 PM.

And this is why Trolls love RR. So many grinders to make mad :)

Mission trolls are r* secret agents, making missions impossible to play so you have to buy cash cards.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:56 AM

Tried searching and couldn't find nothing, but is Rooftop Rumble the only highest paying RP mission?

Is there any missions other RR that has a better RP payout?

Rooftop Rumble pays the highest Cash of $18,750 (RP = 3450)

Satellite Communications pays the highest RP of 3900+ (Cash = $15,000)

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:51 AM

Coveted x16 playlist with a tank although rockstar f*cked it making it take an extra 2 mins for the bob to get there
  • xoC18H21NO3xo likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

CHOPPER TAIL

Reasons why it's better than Rooftop Rumble:

- It's more casual for a long grind session

- Takes about the same time if not less

- Gives the same RP sometimes better

- Only $1250 less than RR

- You use far less ammunition

- Trevor is funnier than Martin

- No sh*tty drive through the twisted hillside

This is and still my go-to mission. Super easy if you use your damn mind. Plus. you don't even need to use that crappy Buggy. Just get in and exit. And if you know where the chopper will land, you can just go there and save time.

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:08 AM

Cleaning the Cathouse with a Buzzard, too easy for RP get it before R* screws that one up.

I wont play the missions R* has f*cked up like RR & Coveted, I still prefer a mix of Base Invaders, Mixed up with Coke, Defender, Judging the jury etc.. 

ModderX
  • ModderX

#1 90's Car Fan

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:10 AM Edited by ModderX, 28 July 2014 - 11:21 AM.

Potshot is nice. Nearly 2000RP and $10,500 on hard. Takes me a few minutes. I have a x5 playlist, and I'm using it to get to rank 100.

(I need to do 69 more Potshots to get from rank 93 to 100, so it's the most efficient way of earning RP and cash IMO)

inb4hahahahah69

Cleaning the Cathouse seems good too. Get a Buzzard for that one.

But wanna know what's truly better and easier than RR?

RR with a tank or Mixed Up With Coke with a Buzzard.

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

I've been grinding Mixed Up With Coke. Only suggest it if you DON'T do it on foot. I do the whole thing in my Buzzard and I finish it in about 4 minutes tops. The rockets lock onto everything even enemies bodies.
$13,500 payout and I think about 3000RP.

You don't need a buzzard to do mixed up with coke in < 4 minutes.

You do if you want to do it solo!!!  Sure lots of missions can be done in less than 4 min if you have 4 or 6 friends to play with .

Just grab whatever chopper spawns at SS, you dont need to fire a shot.

Land, wait for Anna to hop in and fly to Martins...

• ModderX likes this

ModderX
  • ModderX

#1 90's Car Fan

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:26 AM

I've never played the mission, so I don't know. I've heard the hype for it and jumped on the bandwagon ;)

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:32 AM Edited by jcph3, 28 July 2014 - 11:32 AM.

I've never played the mission, so I don't know. I've heard the hype for it and jumped on the bandwagon ;)

Actually, the Cargobob is better cause its bullet proof from ground fire.  Maverick is faster to Martins, Buzzard might be 3rd best option, 

fiebru787
  • fiebru787

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

Chopper tail pay 17g
Defender 17g
Crazy method (Trevor) 17g

So no only rr and base invader pay the same

luisniko
  • luisniko

"Some asshole is in my pool"

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:23 PM

Old RR is the best. Arrived, call merryweather heli, wham wham, fly away, go back to free mode, repeat.

Btw, by making this thread, people are discussing the best missions for rockstar to take note and destroy. We're digging our own grave.
  • mmm chocolate and mr toasterbutt like this

TeleportUppercutSpam
  • TeleportUppercutSpam

BE THE CATWOMAN.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:39 PM

I'm just curious as to why you want more RP when you're already level 759.

• ten-a-penny and (OO)SKYLINE(OO) like this

dvntsvnt
  • dvntsvnt

gg, no re

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

Actually, the Cargobob is better cause its bullet proof from ground fire.  Maverick is faster to Martins, Buzzard might be 3rd best option, 

Cargobob isn't bullet proof, it is heavily armored. If you're worried about ground fire during Cathouse, you're taking too long.

Nobody fires a shot before you land on the roof, if you're quick about it.

And choppers spawn at Sandy Shores during the mission now?

Heck, why not take the ramp nearby and land on the roof with a car/motorcycle of your choice, then get away like a real badass?

• mmm chocolate and Miauuu5_7 like this

dvntsvnt
  • dvntsvnt

gg, no re

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

I've been grinding Mixed Up With Coke. Only suggest it if you DON'T do it on foot. I do the whole thing in my Buzzard and I finish it in about 4 minutes tops. The rockets lock onto everything even enemies bodies.
$13,500 payout and I think about 3000RP.

Its possible to quickly do with sticky bombs, plant on the first two at the construction site but don't detonate, drive to the location of a third truck. Blow up the first two, to get the third to appear destroy the third, drive to the fourth. But for speed you sacrifice the $$$ for sticky bombs.

quicksixx
  • quicksixx

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:42 PM

covetedx18 playlist on the first round take the carbobob, call your tank, and pick up and drop off your tank with the cargobob drop on top the hill and enjoy the other 17 sessions your tank will still be there

• xoC18H21NO3xo likes this

hercules1975
  • hercules1975

UK Dark Knights Crew Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:04 PM Edited by hercules1975, 28 July 2014 - 02:05 PM.

Tried searching and couldn't find nothing, but is Rooftop Rumble the only highest paying RP mission?

Is there any missions other missions that has a RP better payout than Rooftop Rumble?

Clearing The Cathouse, Four Trailers, The Parking Garage, Trash Talk, Method in the Madness, Satellite Communications and The Los Santos Connection all give out more Base RP than RR. Clearing the Cathouse, Four Trailers and The Parking Garage pay crap, but if you have a Buzzard, Clearing the Cathouse is ridiculously easy, and Four Trailers is fun (I love lying in wait for those SUVs to roll up and breaking out the minigun) Satellite Communications is kinda tedious, driving the trailer to the gas station, but it can be done solo if you're reasonably competent at the game.

Nice list!

Satellite Communications can be done more quickly if you take the short-cuts, it is half the distance/time than following the GPS route.

Drive through the (2nd?) wooden fence down the hill-side (there is a little 'valley' you should use), over the road and down the next little hilly bit

Go left on the road then take a right up the little road and drive off road across the desert towards the airstrip

Go past the airstrip on the road then take a right to drive down to the drop-off point and deliver the tanker

Just ignore the bikers, they won't kill you if they are behind you or blow up the tanker - it is more likely you will if you shoot back (hitting the tanker) or crashing  :lol:

Is there any missions other RR that has a better RP payout?

Rooftop Rumble pays the highest Cash of $18,750 (RP = 3450)

Satellite Communications pays the highest RP of 3900+ (Cash = $15,000)

Doesn't The Parking Garage pay out the most, I thought it was like about 5k RP?

http://gtaforums.com...tabase-rp-cash/

5,450 (allegedly)!

• (OO)SKYLINE(OO) likes this

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

Base Invaders is incredibly easy if you just take a car, the only ammo you use is grenades or sticky bombs.

Defender, no ammo used, pretty quick mission, great pay. You don't make any losses in this mission.

Chopper tail, probably the most fun cos I like off roading in a buggy. Trevor rocks.

Mixed up with coke can be done in two minutes without the use of a buzzard, as long as your partners aren't complete duds. 

I wish Stocks and Scares and Chemical Extraction can come back soon.

Trevor Philips Inc
  • Trevor Philips Inc

Coke abusing, prostitute killing legend.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

Base invaders is decent yeah, I don't usually farm missions but lately I have been.

You do need to get at least 1 guy with a car on BI because trying to walk to the hanger to collect the cargo bob without one is nigh on impossible due to being out in the open with infinite respawns of soldiers with assault rifles.

Also I only just started playing again after months off so a lot has changed

Is there any way to select which mission you get from a contact, or to keep requesting different ones? I know you can only have one job at a time from a person if you call them up BUT yesterday some guy kept inviting me to RR straight after we finished doing it.

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

Base invaders is decent yeah, I don't usually farm missions but lately I have been.

You do need to get at least 1 guy with a car on BI because trying to walk to the hanger to collect the cargo bob without one is nigh on impossible due to being out in the open with infinite respawns of soldiers with assault rifles.

All you need to do is drive to the base (activate the plane part before or after, doesn't matter) put sticky bombs on the jets, drive next to the cargobob, get in, blow up jets, fly back. The cargobob is a shield to the guys who shoot at you in the hanger as well.

Trevor Philips Inc
  • Trevor Philips Inc

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:16 PM

Yeah that's what I do, took me a few goes to realise you didn't need to actually take the f*cking plane in to the base. Although now I just sit back and snipe the jets on hard difficulty to avoid being slaughtered by infinite GI Joes

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

#DoomFan4EverAfter

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

Also I only just started playing again after months off so a lot has changed

Is there any way to select which mission you get from a contact, or to keep requesting different ones? I know you can only have one job at a time from a person if you call them up BUT yesterday some guy kept inviting me to RR straight after we finished doing it.

Only noobs would fly the plane there, mind ya.

Just get in the plane and exit, call for a fast car (or a good off-road vehicle), get in and drive to the mountain cliffs north of the base. Snipe the jets, 8 Heavy sniper bullet per plane. After all the jets being wrecked, jump back in your vehicle and drive over the fence. Go to the hanger, kill the dudes there, and hop into Cargobob. Seriously, only people without a brain will use any kind of an aircraft. (Unless they want it 'with style' then its fine in my book)

Trevor Philips Inc
  • Trevor Philips Inc

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:23 PM

Yeah as soon as I found out you only needed to 'activate' the sh*tty plane I ditched it. Or if there's 4 of us I just parachute out near the base for a free ride and phone my mechanic.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:41 AM

Doesn't The Parking Garage pay out the most, I thought it was like about 5k RP?

http://gtaforums.com...tabase-rp-cash/

5,450 (allegedly)!

I see, if so then yeah, that would be the highest paying mission at the moment...

I play Invite Only and do most of the mission on my own, hence I am yet to play The Parking Garage.

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:46 AM

Cargobob isn't bullet proof, it is heavily armored. If you're worried about ground fire during Cathouse, you're taking too long.

Nobody fires a shot before you land on the roof, if you're quick about it.

And choppers spawn at Sandy Shores during the mission now?

Heck, why not take the ramp nearby and land on the roof with a car/motorcycle of your choice, then get away like a real badass?

The cockpit is protected from any small arms fired from below, and the Bob will take way more damage than the Buzzard.

I have both but always use the Buzzard just cause its faster

mrdiamond666
  • mrdiamond666

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:03 AM Edited by mrdiamond666, 29 July 2014 - 04:07 AM.

To rank up fast its RR for me now. Start the mission in martins drive way. And you will start just down the street from the mission. Then call your mechanic and your car will spawn right there. Its so easy i can pass this in less than 5 min by myself on hArd. After you drive back and finish it make sure you are in martins driveway start the misskon again. No muss no fuss. Once i get my 2nd charactet to 120 (im at 85 right now, my first is 131) and nothing to look forward to aftet 120. Then i can relax and do missions for fun, but right now im stacking chips as i get ranked up. Why play with others in god mode, and wall breachers under and above the map.

luisniko
  • luisniko

"Some asshole is in my pool"

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:16 AM

yesterday some guy kept inviting me to RR straight after we finished doing it.

Honestly, I'd be very thankful when that happens. The chance of joining public brings to meet other good player which honestly I'm very enjoying a good, noobless action in a team that gives me win win condition.

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:23 AM

Did a RR yesterday, spawned in Sandy Shores, called my buzzard, flew there. circled around killing people at entrance, landed on bridge, got ran over by some f*ck tard in my car and they just kept driving around. I left.

Daniel_B
  • Daniel_B

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:00 AM

The enemies don't infinitely re-spawn in Base Invaders... or if they do, the spawn rate eventually tapers way, way off to almost nothing.  Cuz when I solo it with a buzzard I sometimes just shoot & shoot & shoot, killing as many guys as possible, and at some point there just aren't any left (I usually finish with either 63 or 68 kills).

And you can actually kill everybody with the buzzard, even the 3 guys in the hangar... but you have to be careful and get the right angle so that you don't blow up the cargobob by mistake.

xoC18H21NO3xo
  • xoC18H21NO3xo

GTA Addict

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:34 AM

My latest grind:

Crystal Clear Out III until I reach 100,000

Cleaning the Cat House

Crystal Clear Out III to get back to the desert

Chopper Tail

If I end up in the city, I will do Mixed Up With Coke

I do all of these in a Buzzard

Basically, get a Buzzard. You can do two or three Crystal Clear Out III in the time it takes to complete Rooftop, if you switch to Free Aim, you get more RP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users