How do you come off as non-hostile?

49 replies to this topic
Flicksy
  • Flicksy

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:47 PM

To be safe, what I'm asking is how do you, yourself, tell other player's you're not going to attack them? As surprising as it may seem there are people who don't want to kill others. Nor am I bashing those who do enjoy killing others. That's your play style, nothing wrong with it.

For me.  I look for dots by themselves, groups usually  means either killing or they're with buddies, and I  either go passive and approach and start doing gestures at them and then leave  passive when I believe I won't be attacked or I  put my gun away and do some gesture like surrender and approach.

Mr.Nedich
  • Mr.Nedich

Baratheon Bannerman

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:50 PM

I myself am not hostile until provoked, but a word of caution, the only way is to not shoot on sight. However, don't be a dumbass and go 'IM FRIENDLY!' and just walk up to people, keep your distance and a tense moment of each waiting to see who makes the first shot, when it passes you go your seperate ways or bro up. That's all there is to it. But a lot of players are axe crazy and will shoot you anyway.

• Pyramid_Head and Apollo00063 like this

HankyPankyFan
  • HankyPankyFan

Sexiest member title EVER.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:51 PM Edited by HankyPankyFan, 26 July 2014 - 11:52 PM.

Just go near them and don't shoot and they won't but if they do well..hell least you tried not the end of the world to sacrifice a death to confirm friendlizationblahckghfivn..like don't be afraid to die its a game lol

FAT CURRY
  • FAT CURRY

Benefactor Collector

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:51 PM

I make sure I'm in passive and do a little Air Synth dance for them.

Lesbian_farts
  • Lesbian_farts

Plebs!

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:53 PM Edited by Lesbian_farts, 26 July 2014 - 11:56 PM.

Use your mic and tell them, hey (jesuskiller420) I'm approaching you don't shoot I'm friendly,

then send him a message and shoot him in the head while he's distracted by your message.

• cattafett, iStealthDeath, ArmorKingHunter and 1 other like this

ZeroSafe5615
  • ZeroSafe5615

707 Horsepower

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:54 PM

If I'm in a car I'll lay on the horn and go my merry way. If I'm on foot I go into passive and wave.

Kushology
  • Kushology

Hustle hard, stack paper.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:56 PM

I just avoid everyone. I've hung out at the air port hitting that "prepare for take off" jump over and over and over and over again and people come and do it with me. I actually seen one of the people that did it with me post the exact same car in the "Rate The Car Above You" thread.

At first he tried to kill me but realized I wasn't a threat. Later on another person joined us, then another. The first and second guy later on died and their cars got impounded and I took him and this other guy to get their cars. We split up after that when people tried to kill us.

• Lesbian_farts likes this

CheaterMcCheat
  • CheaterMcCheat

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:56 PM

I just stand idle. If they attack I defend myself with 16 ton weights and tigers.
  • SJ_X likes this

Winning001
  • Winning001

It's a legitimate bidness

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:57 PM

Passive mode

have a mic

frankenstein107
  • frankenstein107

YOU CAN'T CATCH ME, BOI

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:57 PM

Honk my jazz horn.

Kushology
  • Kushology

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:58 PM

Honk my jazz horn.

Jazz horn loop FTW!

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:59 PM

To be safe, what I'm asking is how do you, yourself, tell other player's you're not going to attack them? As surprising as it may seem there are people who don't want to kill others. Nor am I bashing those who do enjoy killing others. That's your play style, nothing wrong with it.

For me.  I look for dots by themselves, groups usually  means either killing or they're with buddies, and I  either go passive and approach and start doing gestures at them and then leave  passive when I believe I won't be attacked or I  put my gun away and do some gesture like surrender and approach.

Go passive mode & beep the horn a tonne of times, depends on how aware the other player is though, most of them are dumb f*cks who shoot first & dont ask questions later either because they cannot read a situation & realise its non hostile, or they just want cheap kills.

• ArmorKingHunter likes this

JetsRLove
  • JetsRLove

Jets are love, Jets are life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:00 AM

Take a lspd combat mg out and start blasting until I reload. I like being hostile.

frankenstein107
  • frankenstein107

YOU CAN'T CATCH ME, BOI

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:02 AM

Honk my jazz horn.

Jazz horn loop FTW!

oh hell not the loop, they'll probably shoot you because of how annoying it is.
Not like getting shot at is a bad thing... makes spawn trapping totally justifiable, lol.

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:03 AM

Stay away, then I'll know you don't have any violent intentions. You have a map and radar so if you approach I'll assume its for no good.

Honking , waving and worse yet going passive wont help.

At most there's only 16 other people on the map, its not that hard to avoid other players, if you really want to

• Cant-B-Faded and Orra like this

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:05 AM

Repeatedly beep jazz horn number 2
  • Lesbian_farts likes this

Flicksy
  • Flicksy

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:09 AM

Take a lspd combat mg out and start blasting until I reload. I like being hostile.

Nah that's not hostile you're just letting your bullets hug people. They need love too. That red stuff is juice

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:11 AM

I avoid them, and if they get close by I just honk and speed on by.. works 90% of the time, other times I get blown up.

Kushology
  • Kushology

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:12 AM

Honk my jazz horn.

Jazz horn loop FTW!

Not like getting shot at is a bad thing... makes spawn trapping totally justifiable, lol.

I agree it's pretty annoying but sometimes I just can't help myself but spam that sh*t in races the entire time... lmao

• ArmorKingHunter likes this

SanAndreasRolePlay
  • SanAndreasRolePlay

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:23 AM

I normally don't go out of my way to be friendly per se but I let people know I'm not a jerk by simply passing by them without trying to kill them. Most people get that I'm friendly and don't try to kill me. In my experience that is about as friendly as it gets in GTA. There are always exceptions, I have met people in Free Roam and they are on my friends list

frankenstein107
  • frankenstein107

YOU CAN'T CATCH ME, BOI

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:28 AM

Honk my jazz horn.

Jazz horn loop FTW!

I agree it's pretty annoying but sometimes I just can't help myself but spam that sh*t in races the entire time... lmao

Especially glorious when you do it while speeding off after PITing someone.

Good times.

• Kushology likes this

J-DNB
  • J-DNB

Property Of May<3

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:37 AM

Nowadays i'll just honk as i go by, then i'll loop round and go by slower honking, and if by that point i haven't been shot at then i will pull up and see if they want to do something. 

Lately it has been literally 9 times out of 10 i'll get shot at, but that 1 time i meet someone it has been a memorable session.

• FAT CURRY likes this

WinkingSkeever6
  • WinkingSkeever6

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:06 AM

If I'm on foot, I do a salute. If I'm in a car, I do a few short honks. Engaging in a selfie when someone is approaching can also give the impression that I'm a friendly guy.

If someone is waiting outside of a store I am in, I send them a text asking whether their intentions are good or bad.

Pyramid_Head
  • Pyramid_Head

TheKAC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:12 AM

I find driving my tank gets lots of attention. When people see I'm not blowing anyone up, they cruise with me.

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Sonnensänger

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:37 AM Edited by Preusse, 27 July 2014 - 01:40 AM.

1. Activate indestructible car glitch
2. Drive up to a random player reverse in my Zentorno and honk
3. See if the player is attacking me or getting in my car or his/her car or suchlike

If the player gets in my car, it's almost certain that we are going to be friends (friends = don't attack each other and do stuff together).

One might think the success rate of doing this is not high, since driving a car with a bulletproof back reverse is not really saying "hey I'm friendly", but surprisingly most players didn't show hostility.

I find driving my tank gets lots of attention. When people see I'm not blowing anyone up, they cruise with me.

Agreed, but: this goes well for 5 minutes and then one player throws the first stone sticky bomb. At least this is what I've experienced many times.

Flicksy
  • Flicksy

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:55 AM

I would have figured the opposite would happen. People going out of their way to kill you

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:05 AM

I would have figured the opposite would happen. People going out of their way to kill you

When a twanker is griefing a lobby, you typically hear the explosions blocks away, before you see the tank.  If you come upon a tank and have not heard any explosions, it might be at least plausible that the guy is not an asshole.  

Unfortunately, this sound cue is not as reliable lately, since there are a lot of Lazer wankers blowing things up, but you can usually distinguish them as a fast-moving dot on the mini-map, not following the street or road.  

Hyperglide
  • Hyperglide

Addicted to Synthahol

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:06 AM

Approach them in passive mode.  They'll see the icon on the map and know that you can't kill them and they can't kill you.  Then do a friendly action like wave or salute or bro love or something.

TeakuppXBL
  • TeakuppXBL

#1 Amigo

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:08 AM

i normally do a nice quickplay action which works about 0.25% of the time

MilezDawg
  • MilezDawg

Use of the sh*t stick has been authorized

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:17 AM

I use the salute animation. If they salute or wave back that's great, time to team up. If they start doing the jerk/fapping animation, well, time to defend myself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users