Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar should make the next GTA much faster....

34 replies to this topic
Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:03 PM

Are you sure about that? R* are making ALOT of money right now because of GTA Online, I personally think they should go with the route they did with GTA IV. Because GTA V's early development started in late 2008 into 2009. Now that its 2014 and we are expecting a fall release for NG & PC launch, maybe R* can start with GTA VI early development? Although it is Rockstar North who will do it, we might still get other R* games coming out between 2014 and 2018? But GTA VI has to be done with more studios if you ask me because I still beileve that its the last GTA.

They can also give us a hint of it at the modified end credits for NG & PC like they did with GTA IV  :evilgrin:

Sorry for my big hype and imagination on how things will go in the future, but whatever.

What are you talking about?

I think he means the scene during the credits for TBOGT in which Patrick McReary is seen getting to the airport and then leaving the city and supposedly going west, which some took as Rockstar's clue about the location of the next game. But honestly, it's as much help as 2405 was about the release date.

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:05 PM

Actually GTA V doesn't feel like entire NEW game, it's more like spin-off actually..

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:36 PM Edited by Zello, 28 July 2014 - 11:44 PM.

Quality over quantity folks R* isn't Activision or Ubisoft and release crappy games year after year without any changes there's a reason why whenever a GTA game gets announced it gets a lot more hype than say a new Assassins creed or CoD. Whenever they release a screenshot of a new GTA or tease at something the internet goes insane not so much for those yearly titles. That's R* strategy they tease you and get you hyped up after waiting a couple years to get your GTA fix.

I don't mind waiting a couple years for a GTA game it gives R* the ability to work on other titles like Read Dead, Max Payne, Midnight Club, or a new Bullly game anyone? or even start a new IP( psst, Agent come out boy we wont bite). Not only that but in V we saw that it took many elements from their other games the combat was similar to Max Payne and Red Dead. Car customization similar to Midnight Club etc even though they are limited you can see they all kinda feed off each other all the pieces matter....

With R* porting V over to next gen and PC it allows them to get a feel for the new consoles get nice and comfy with them get some history see what works and what doesn't and then start releasing other titles on these new systems and start building a foundation for the next GTA game.

Diani The Otter
  • Diani The Otter

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:37 AM Edited by Flicksy, 29 July 2014 - 03:39 AM.

Because as much as I liked GTA V it definitely wasn't something that would take five years its an awesome game but five f*cking years?? definitely not more than two in my opinion with the amount of missions and side activities we got

It should have come out a year after the first trailer
I mean it was way too overhyped(because of the long time we had to wait and Rockstars annoying marketing campaign where they release two screenshots in a year)

What took them so long? And please for the love of god Rockstar don't be lazy make these games faster or at least put so much content in it that people are like yep definitely five years because of the amount of content (from the story missions to the side activities)

Anyone else feel the same way?

So basically mass produce GTA like Battlefield and CoD? No hell to the no.

"No way it would take five years." Because you fully understand what it takes to find the right actor's, negotiate their contracts, find  songs that may be well received by the community, go through the legal processes of getting title rights to songs, take field trips to the city they want to base the game on, create the noises for each individual car, shoe, truck, plane, heli, gun, create different designs for cars, bring extra actors for random citizens, actually design the game, make sure it runs smooth enough, try and find the majority of the kinks, add animals with their distinct movements and sounds, add shadowing, make sure animations work properly, create fun missions, side missions, create interesting characters, and finally start  mass production. Not necessarily in that order and I'm sure I missed steps. A game is basically a movie you control.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:49 AM

I don't give a sh*t when we'll be seeing the next GTA coming out, I just want it to have the features from GTA IV plus the ones in V and color me happy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users