Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar should make the next GTA much faster....

34 replies to this topic
Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:11 PM

Because as much as I liked GTA V it definitely wasn't something that would take five years its an awesome game but five f*cking years?? definitely not more than two in my opinion with the amount of missions and side activities we got

It should have come out a year after the first trailer
I mean it was way too overhyped(because of the long time we had to wait and Rockstars annoying marketing campaign where they release two screenshots in a year)

What took them so long? And please for the love of god Rockstar don't be lazy make these games faster or at least put so much content in it that people are like yep definitely five years because of the amount of content (from the story missions to the side activities)

Anyone else feel the same way?

HankyPankyFan
  • HankyPankyFan

Sexiest member title EVER.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

GTA Five=Five Years.. GTA Six=Six years
  • Luddite, Drunken Cowboy, tokyocean and 3 others like this

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:35 PM Edited by Blennerville, 26 July 2014 - 11:37 PM.

R* focused too much on pointless details that add nothing, thats the problem.

Strike 3 and they are out.

• leon443 likes this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:48 PM

GTA Five=Five Years.. GTA Six=Six years

GTA Four = Four Years! Conspiracy...

• theGTAking101, Lowi, BLOOD-MOND and 1 other like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:11 AM

Vice City took about 9 months to be released, though :O

• Mick., Pastry and BLOOD-MOND like this

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:27 AM

3 years between games with less than 1 year between the first trailer and release.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:40 AM

The Fastest for a Subtitle (Spin-off) Game/Openworld Game and it already 12yrs old,damn time flies by quicky.
  • universetwisters likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:56 AM

The Fastest for a Subtitle (Spin-off) Game/Openworld Game and it already 12yrs old,damn time flies by quicky.

I know, it's crazy cool. I remember reading it was originally going to be an expansion pack for III before they decided to make it into it's own game and stuff.

• Pastry and BLOOD-MOND like this

Mick.
  • Mick.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:30 AM

Only 9 months, aye? It's quite ironic because Vice City is my favourite one out of all of them, and I actually thought it would of taken longer to produce it and release it. Damn, I miss playing that game for the first time.

• universetwisters and Legomanarthur like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:32 AM

Only 9 months, aye? It's quite ironic because Vice City is my favourite one out of all of them, and I actually thought it would of taken longer to produce it and release it. Damn, I miss playing that game for the first time.

It was fairly simple, though. At least when I first played it. It felt just like III, but with a new map and the inclusion of bikes, helicopters, property, etc. so I can imagine they had their work cut out for them, at least the hard part.

Mick.
  • Mick.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:41 AM

It was fairly simple, though. At least when I first played it. It felt just like III, but with a new map and the inclusion of bikes, helicopters, property, etc. so I can imagine they had their work cut out for them, at least the hard part.

I never thought it felt simple. I think what I really liked about the game though, was the storyline.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:44 AM

I never thought it felt simple. I think what I really liked about the game though, was the storyline.

Yeah, it was a crazy advanced game for it's time with it's plot and licensed music and all, but technologically it seemed pretty basic, at least when I first played it after it first came out. Not only that, but remember 2002ish was like the last year Rockstar was still "underground" and flew it's own flag, if you catch the drift.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:58 AM

It was easier to make games back in the days of III or Vice City, that's why VC only took 9 months, or SA about 2 years. But games today have much more detail that all need time to be made, thousands of animations to be done etc... and with Rockstar's attention to detail they take quite a bit more.

Though it could easily be done in three years, they also work on other games (talking about Norh department which is the main one for GTA) that come from Rockstar Games, so they don't dedicate their whole lives to only making GTA franchise, and that is good actually. If they did only GTA it would become boring for them, and we'd get a pretty uninspired product. The other option would be to shift it between different studios as leads (as is done with CoD or AC) but I guess Rocstar North wants the full responsibility for GTA.

Kafonix
  • Kafonix

Furry pride!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:09 AM

Would you rather like a rushed game every year (like COD) or an awesome 5-year game?

I think the answer is obvious.

• Loc14 and HankyPankyFan like this

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:13 AM

Are you sure about that? R* are making ALOT of money right now because of GTA Online, I personally think they should go with the route they did with GTA IV. Because GTA V's early development started in late 2008 into 2009. Now that its 2014 and we are expecting a fall release for NG & PC launch, maybe R* can start with GTA VI early development? Although it is Rockstar North who will do it, we might still get other R* games coming out between 2014 and 2018? But GTA VI has to be done with more studios if you ask me because I still beileve that its the last GTA.

They can also give us a hint of it at the modified end credits for NG & PC like they did with GTA IV  :evilgrin:

Sorry for my big hype and imagination on how things will go in the future, but whatever.

GTA50killer
  • GTA50killer

m.A.A.d

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:38 AM

Are you sure about that? R* are making ALOT of money right now because of GTA Online, I personally think they should go with the route they did with GTA IV. Because GTA V's early development started in late 2008 into 2009. Now that its 2014 and we are expecting a fall release for NG & PC launch, maybe R* can start with GTA VI early development? Although it is Rockstar North who will do it, we might still get other R* games coming out between 2014 and 2018? But GTA VI has to be done with more studios if you ask me because I still beileve that its the last GTA.

They can also give us a hint of it at the modified end credits for NG & PC like they did with GTA IV  :evilgrin:

Sorry for my big hype and imagination on how things will go in the future, but whatever.

with the money they're making now its definitely not going to be the last GTA

• Choco Taco and BLOOD-MOND like this

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:07 AM

Your assumption that somehow next GTA will be the last one makes no sense. Do you know what BUSINESS is? It's selling something to someone for money, be it an original product, resale of previously bought product, or services. Rockstar Games and all it's studios run a business, and they have a great product on their hands that sells incredibly well, and more and more units are sold with each new version.

Now why would any person, unless they had no brain inside their skull at all, decide to end making such a remarkable product and thus cut themselves off from a sure profit?

Loc14
  • Loc14

King of Los Santos

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:39 AM

Why it took Rockstar that long? Well, Watch Dogs took 5 years too.

Even so, people are still playing and finding new things in the old GTAs.

Because their games are meant to last, not to be played for only 1 year.

SweetToadette01
  • SweetToadette01

SweetToadette01 and SweetBitty05 Met Together!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:42 AM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
ㄕㄗ! I can speak Asian Now.

Hot_STUFF
  • Hot_STUFF

I'll kill ya

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

@phoenix_sh*t: gta 6 will NOT be the last gta. R* themselves said as of now they have no plans to stop the series. Dan Houser: 'as long as the ideas keep coming, Gta will keep running'.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:48 AM

I don't think it'll take as long this time. Something tells me they're just going to keep improving on the engine/physics from GTA V rather start from scratch like GTA IV.

IMO we'll see another GTA within the next two years.
  • Mister Pink likes this

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Homeboy

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:30 PM

I don't want a rushed game from them, but 5 years is too long. Heck, even 4 years is too long. A max of 3 years is acceptable. It's not gonna be rushed if they just hire more people. 5 years of waiting is just stupid!

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:32 PM Edited by Phoenix_Shit, 27 July 2014 - 11:33 PM.

Your assumption that somehow next GTA will be the last one makes no sense. Do you know what BUSINESS is? It's selling something to someone for money, be it an original product, resale of previously bought product, or services. Rockstar Games and all it's studios run a business, and they have a great product on their hands that sells incredibly well, and more and more units are sold with each new version.

Now why would any person, unless they had no brain inside their skull at all, decide to end making such a remarkable product and thus cut themselves off from a sure profit?

How does it not make any sense????? Its just a small opinion based assumption. You never know how things will go in the f*cking future, the entire world might explode and GTA VI being the last known GTA to be released. Or R* going out of business, and having to release one last game. Or that they just decide to make one last GTA game and make other games. 

Please don't take everything so damn serious. This is a forum, not a debate on how we are gunna engage World war 3 dumbass.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:21 AM

Well let me just take a trip to fairy-la-la land and we'll make you an expansive game map with over 80,000 lines of dialogue in six months because you can't be inconvenienced. 

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:45 AM

How does it not make any sense????? Its just a small opinion based assumption. You never know how things will go in the f*cking future, the entire world might explode and GTA VI being the last known GTA to be released. Or R* going out of business, and having to release one last game. Or that they just decide to make one last GTA game and make other games. 

Please don't take everything so damn serious. This is a forum, not a debate on how we are gunna engage World war 3 dumbass.

I've already explained that GTA is a PRODUCT and that no one stops making a product, until the product stops making money first, and even then they try to save the franchise with new installments (eg. Driver, Tomb Raider etc..).

So yea, there is as much chance for GTA VI to be the last GTA, as there is for Apple to stop making any new iPhones, Microsoft to stop making any new Windows or EA to stop making any new games at all.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:09 AM

I don't want a rushed game from them, but 5 years is too long. Heck, even 4 years is too long. A max of 3 years is acceptable. It's not gonna be rushed if they just hire more people. 5 years of waiting is just stupid!

Time isn't necessarily related to how rushed the game feels. GTA V feels rushed IMO despite how long we waited for it.

Just because a game takes years to make doesn't mean it'll be rush proof is what I'm saying.
  • Mister Pink and Blennerville like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:13 AM

I wonder how a Spin-off franchise set in the GTA Universe will be...It be Mind-blowing and Risky though :)

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Homeboy

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:00 AM

Time isn't necessarily related to how rushed the game feels. GTA V feels rushed IMO despite how long we waited for it.

Just because a game takes years to make doesn't mean it'll be rush proof is what I'm saying.

Agreed. If you don't start with a good idea to begin with, you might as well not start. Still, they're pretty talented and I haven't seen a bad game from them since State Of Emergency. 3 years should be maximum wait time though. It's an acceptable timeframe. 5 years is way too much. We even know how Rockstar works what with ideas floating around all the time, so I'm guessing they already have rough sketches of how quite a few GTAs will pan out in the future.

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

Ya, could have used an extra year of development time imo - they got scared about making it out before Next Gen consoles came out.

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:27 PM

What are you talking about?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users