Which NPC models are these?

18 replies to this topic
True Motive
  • True Motive

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:05 PM

I've gone through lots of Marine NPC models and can't find one with a helmet or head gear, can you please help?

US_army_soldier.jpg0_0.jpg

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:21 PM Edited by Delta India Echo, 26 July 2014 - 10:22 PM.

The headgear is part of the pedprops.img

These are separate models.

• True Motive likes this

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:22 PM

I think they are given out at random to the NPCs. No two have the same model and the helmets and body armor are separate from the model.

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

I think they are given out at random to the NPCs. No two have the same model and the helmets and body armor are separate from the model.

Body armor is part of the model lol.

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:57 PM

i think if you keep switching between them, you will come across one with the helmet.

• Cakelover21 likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:57 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 26 July 2014 - 11:01 PM.

s_m_y_marine_03

1KKaFPz.png

(Ignore the orange "missing texture", it's just a bug with model viewer - appears normal in game)

I assume that you're trying to change protagonist's model with a marine so I will have to disappoint you. The helmet and masks are treated as "hairstyles" ("hair_001_u" - Helmet | "hair_002_u" - Gas Mask | "hair_003_u" - Helmet and Gas Mask) and at the moment, there's no way to change them to what we want.

• ChrilLe and True Motive like this

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:10 AM

s_m_y_marine_03

1KKaFPz.png

(Ignore the orange "missing texture", it's just a bug with model viewer - appears normal in game)

I assume that you're trying to change protagonist's model with a marine so I will have to disappoint you. The helmet and masks are treated as "hairstyles" ("hair_001_u" - Helmet | "hair_002_u" - Gas Mask | "hair_003_u" - Helmet and Gas Mask) and at the moment, there's no way to change them to what we want.

Oh sh*t, they are hair? A lot has changed since GTA IV and Max Payne 3 I see.

True Motive
  • True Motive

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:12 AM

The bottom photo was taken Online, it was another player who was a modder, i'm guessing there's a solution.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:16 AM

Yeah it's hair, N.O.o.S.E also has their helmets set as hair and there's also something called task_, about the orange thing it's not a bug it's actually the fact that some marine models use an universal texture called comp_ped_marines.

• WildBrick142 likes this

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:22 AM

Yeah it's hair, N.O.o.S.E also has their helmets set as hair and there's also something called task_, about the orange thing it's not a bug it's actually the fact that some marine models use an universal texture called comp_ped_marines.

I actually find this more appropriate. I really hated how the helmets in GTA IV & MP3 fell off despite being strapped.

Lead
  • Lead

M4A1

• Members
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:57 PM

I will change my character to marine when i get home and try to go into fort zancudo its confirmed that if you are a cop backup will arrive to help when getting wanted level instead of shooting you they will kill whoever shoots you its like a beta leftover from cop activity or some sh*t but i will try out marine and swat too hope it works im a cop kinda guy i hate when there is no cool looking swat armour or helmets in games or weak gunshot effects

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:04 PM Edited by OGLuke, 28 July 2014 - 07:04 PM.

modders just wanna have f-un

haloruler123
  • haloruler123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:02 AM

I managed to give Michael a helmet for the s_m_y_marine_03 by starting a triathalon but it freezes before it starts,anyone know the hex code for the clothing editor to get his triathalon swimming cap?

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

• Members

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:45 AM

I managed to give Michael a helmet for the s_m_y_marine_03 by starting a triathalon but it freezes before it starts,anyone know the hex code for the clothing editor to get his triathalon swimming cap?

If you want micheal to wear the swimming cap

just start the triathalon and then walk away from it until it says you failed. You'll get to keep the cap and it's the only hat micheal can wear but it looks like a black beanie cap.

If you save the game wearing the cap and re load you'll still be wearing the cap but if you change out your outfit you may lose it because it's not a part of micheal's wardrobe.

haloruler123
  • haloruler123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:40 PM

If you want micheal to wear the swimming cap

just start the triathalon and then walk away from it until it says you failed. You'll get to keep the cap and it's the only hat micheal can wear but it looks like a black beanie cap.

If you save the game wearing the cap and re load you'll still be wearing the cap but if you change out your outfit you may lose it because it's not a part of micheal's wardrobe.

k thanks, now i know how to get that helmet for that model

haloruler123
  • haloruler123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:45 PM

Nevermind,I now noticed that micheal changes clothing whenever i switch back to online.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

• Members

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:45 PM

Nevermind,I now noticed that micheal changes clothing whenever i switch back to online.

save first then if you lose his beanie reload your game and he should be wearing the beanie, I say should, because I haven't tested this in awhile.

haloruler123
  • haloruler123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:25 PM

save first then if you lose his beanie reload your game and he should be wearing the beanie, I say should, because I haven't tested this in awhile.

the thing is i tested it that when i load the save then go to gta online and switch back to micheal he changes his clothes

Lead
  • Lead

M4A1

• Members
  • Azerbaijan

Posted A week ago

Are helmets still treated as hairstyles in new gen or they fall off?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users