Photo

The first impression of this game...

5 replies to this topic
Raz3r95
  • Raz3r95

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:57 PM Edited by Raz3r95, 26 July 2014 - 09:02 PM.

The first time i played GTA SanAndreas, i was like : what the hell happened to the HUD ?

Since i played GTA 3 and Vice city for a looong time, i got used to the huds of those games, which are pretty similiar. 

In SanAndreas, it was very different, the weapon icons looked more outlined and the health was shown as a bar. 

I also noticed the brutality of this game, i live in germany, i only had the censored versions of GTA Viceicty and GTA 3, that means no blood, no headshots and no money from dead peds.

It was pretty amazing seeing how you can actually stamp on dead bodies and chopping peoples heads off...

I also liked the new cheat codes, was the first thing i did wheni played the game, especially the Jetpack cheat was toooo crazy for me

and i thought the guy you play is Lance lol ( he and 8ball were the only black character so far )

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

and i thought the guy you play is Lance lol ( he and 8ball were the only black character so far )

How about D-Ice and King Courtney from III?

OT: I was f*cking pumped when the game first came out in like 2004. Sure, the plot wasn't as good as Vice City's, but who cared at the time? You could dress up your CJ any way you want! And you've got a bigass countryside to drive around in! But yeah, I rarely play it nowadays. Last time I played it for a loooong time I was at my ex's place.

Sw1ft562
  • Sw1ft562

null...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:04 AM

whoa. there were censored versions of gta? ..i never knew that.

*brian lewis voice* god bless america.. and no place else.

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:19 AM

A long time has passed so without being accurate, in short, I'd spend around 7-8 months straight, totally lost, didn't even care about anything besides exploring the map, racing, flying planes ( for that time, planes and jetpack were sort of first time experience in a video game, used to enjoy flying around the map w/o getting bored at all )

There was hell of a lot to do, and each time I play it differently with new ideas having so much fun that I kept coming back without playing any other game for an entire year.

Awesome game. Glad that I'm still able to play with same level of interest.
  • Militia likes this

Breaking Bad
  • Breaking Bad

I am the one who knocks.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:31 PM

I was a lot, lot younger lol. I've always grown up with people that are gamers, for example my Dad bought Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2 etc, and introduced me to a lot of games. A lot of my friends at school used to talk about games as well. I think I got San Andreas on Launch, I loved the PS2 at that point, but this was the game that really defined it in my opinion.

If only I could go back to that first experience. Sometimes I miss when Online wasn't so popular, obviously Online and the Internet in general is amazing nowadays, but I do miss that 'rich feel' where barely anybody played Online. It always encouraged me to find new stuff to explore and do. Where as when I finished GTA IV and GTA V, I sort of went straight to the Online. I've played them over again recently though.

Every time, I play it, the nostalgia is just crazy. I always seem to forget the map when I don't play for a long period, yet when I play it again, everything comes back straight away. I've actually only just started playing it again on the PC, this is my first ever PC playthrough. It's a lot different. Just finished the 'Robbing Uncle Sam' mission by Ryder, what a pain in the ass.  :lol: I also couldn't figure out how to do the Lowrider mission FOREVER.

nandack
  • nandack

When you are in The Dark, you can see The Light.

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:23 PM

My first impression was not the first time I play it on PS2, it came when I play on PC where I finish it for real. I think this game was like hit and run, nothing more, but then I watch my friend do a mission the gang war from the earlier mission and I just changing my mind at that moment. I said like what? They do killing so many rivals and taking their zone? So I play it and find that this game is awesome! You can shoot at their head and just run away or kill the cops that want to arrest you. I then play a couple of mission, lowridder is easy for me, I remember when CJ should ride a sanchez with Big Smoke to kill some Vagos on the train and just failed at the first time because kissed by the train from the other side, that was fun when Big Smoke angry and said something like what you have to do is just follow the damn train.

I still play it and make some missions with DYOM, but I prefer the HD era than the 3D although I played gta since their original game for PS1 when the cameras are on the top of nowhere but that was fun too. In here nothing like censored because game is better when it is the real one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users