Quantcast

» «
Photo

BAWSAQ is completely stuck.

Best Answer WildBrick142, 18 September 2014 - 06:16 PM

BAWSAQ is working again. All businesses have a different price now.

Go to the full post

37 replies to this topic
GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:46 PM

It's been 10 days now since BAWSAQ has got stuck. Stocks are not moving anymore.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:30 PM

This would appear to be a client-sided issue. I am going to request you try removing the latest patch from your account, then re-downloading it while booting the game from the XMB or dashboard. Sometimes certain assets for SP or MP can become stuck or damaged but this isn't a fatal problem. Let me know how it works out for you! Do take into consideration that the SP stock market it stored via save data as well, so could try also reverting to another save you may have and see if that works?

nthornbu
  • nthornbu

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:33 AM

When I first started playing 2 months ago, I made a bunch of money on the BAWSAQ. But now, Since I bought my last round of stocks 2 weeks ago, none of the prices of any of my investments have moved a penny. Is this normal?

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:27 PM Edited by Bull12345Bull, 31 July 2014 - 11:04 AM.

This would appear to be a client-sided issue. I am going to request you try removing the latest patch from your account, then re-downloading it while booting the game from the XMB or dashboard. Sometimes certain assets for SP or MP can become stuck or damaged but this isn't a fatal problem. Let me know how it works out for you! Do take into consideration that the SP stock market it stored via save data as well, so could try also reverting to another save you may have and see if that works?

Since I have the Special Edition of the game, what will happen with the additional content? Will I have to redownload it from PSN?

Nevermind.

CaptNink
  • CaptNink

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

It's stuck for me too.

How can this be a "client-side" issue when the BAWSAQ data is updated on the Rockstar servers?

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:41 PM

It's stuck for me too.

How can this be a "client-side" issue when the BAWSAQ data is updated on the Rockstar servers?

They say that it has something to do with our consoles' communication with the servers, and that's why they recommend uninstalling and re-installing patch 1.15.

I will try this tomorrow, however I don't believe that the problem will be solved.

CaptNink
  • CaptNink

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

It's stuck for me too.

They say that it has something to do with our consoles' communication with the servers, and that's why they recommend uninstalling and re-installing patch 1.15.

I will try this tomorrow, however I don't believe that the problem will be solved.

I don't think it has anything to do with our consoles --- if you view BAWSAQ through the Social Club website, it's not working there either.

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

It's stuck for me too.

I don't think it has anything to do with our consoles --- if you view BAWSAQ through the Social Club website, it's not working there either.

You're probably right, it's been an hour since I did this and the stocks have not even moved yet.

nthornbu
  • nthornbu

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:46 AM

So I'm going to go out on a limb and ask if anybody knows or has heard when it will start functioning The prices of my stocks has not changed in 3 weeks.

CaptNink
  • CaptNink

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:21 AM

So I'm going to go out on a limb and ask if anybody knows or has heard when it will start functioning The prices of my stocks has not changed in 3 weeks.

I submitted a ticket to R* Support, but haven't heard anything. Hope it gets fixed soon.  :(

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:49 PM

I just sold all three characters' stock (they were all up at the time the market froze) because I'm uncertain what will happen. It's better not to have money in it when it's clearly broken and there's no telling what effect the fix will have.

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:31 AM

It's been more than 15 days now and BAWSAQ is still stuck. I opened a ticket at R* Support and after doing everything they told me, they said that they would "send a report up so that their team can see just what is going on".

nthornbu
  • nthornbu

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:47 PM

It's been more than 15 days now and BAWSAQ is still stuck. I opened a ticket at R* Support and after doing everything they told me, they said that they would "send a report up so that their team can see just what is going on".

I am also talking to R* Support. They told me to delete my system cache and delete game files and reload them. Neither "fix" worked.

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:23 AM

I am also talking to R* Support. They told me to delete my system cache and delete game files and reload them. Neither "fix" worked.

They told me the same... it didn't work either.

It's obviously a fault from their side, since it appears to be stuck both while viewing it via the in-game cell phone and via the Social Club BAWSAQ page.

nthornbu
  • nthornbu

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:40 AM

They told me to unlink my social club account with my gamertag and re-link it. Did not work. I think that they do not want to admit its their problem at this point.

nthornbu
  • nthornbu

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:25 PM Edited by nthornbu, 10 August 2014 - 09:27 PM.

"We have had other report of the stock market in GTA not working from many other players. Since we have had so many reports of this, we have been told that Rockstar is aware of this issue and they are working on a fix at the moment.

I assure you it is not your game, console, or network connection. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon as I personally am looking to make a fortune in the story mode.

Please let me know if there is anything else I might be able to help you with."

Apparently they are finally aware of the issue but offer no timetable for resolution.

CaptNink
  • CaptNink

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:49 PM

Been gone for a week. Can't believe this hasn't been fixed yet.

NegimaDude
  • NegimaDude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:39 AM Edited by NegimaDude, 14 August 2014 - 11:40 AM.

I'm having the same problem it won't let me buy Vapid as trevor but let's me as Michael and Franklin. I hate when Dickstar fixes it where you can't earn 1million in cash even when you're not cheating it's proof of dickstar being corrupt game developers

And when I'm buying them as Michael and Franklin the stocks don't rise they stay at 0.

And every patch they release the game becomes more unplayable

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:23 PM Edited by SteveNYC81, 14 August 2014 - 01:23 PM.

Glad I made my billion and a half off of Beta Pharmeceuticals when I did. Bawsaq needs some TLC these days.

nthornbu
  • nthornbu

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:10 AM

I'm having the same problem it won't let me buy Vapid as trevor but let's me as Michael and Franklin. I hate when Dickstar fixes it where you can't earn 1million in cash even when you're not cheating it's proof of dickstar being corrupt game developers

And when I'm buying them as Michael and Franklin the stocks don't rise they stay at 0.

So releasing something that doesn't work makes them corrupt? That escalated quickly.

Anyway,

I'm pretty new to GTA V. Does this kinda thing happen often?

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

So releasing something that doesn't work makes them corrupt? That escalated quickly.

Anyway,

I'm pretty new to GTA V. Does this kinda thing happen often?

It all started (for me) about a month ago. Until then, the Stock Market had been working flawlessly. Since then though, all stock prices have been stuck on the same price.

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:03 PM

I opened a third ticket about this, and they told me that my case would be "escalated to the proper department"...

...I hope that they actually do something about it this time.

CaptNink
  • CaptNink

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

I opened a third ticket about this, and they told me that my case would be "escalated to the proper department"...

...I hope that they actually do something about it this time.

I hope so....this really sucks!

• GroundZero likes this

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:44 PM Edited by GroundZero, 03 September 2014 - 04:38 PM.

I'm bumping this to inform that the market is STILL stuck... almost 2 months now and it hasn't been fixed yet.

Anyone else?

EDIT: I have made a question on R* Support, please upvote this so it gets to R*'s attention.

https://support.rock...ue-with-BAWSAQ-

CaptNink
  • CaptNink

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:35 PM

I'm bumping this to inform that the market is STILL stuck... almost 2 months now and it hasn't been fixed yet.

Anyone else?

EDIT: I have made a question on R* Support, please upvote this so it gets to R*'s attention.

Nice work. I upvoted and added my two cents.

• GroundZero likes this

kreaturen
  • kreaturen

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:43 PM

Anyone else?

Good grief, has it been stuck this long?! They won't ever fix it then, will they? 

I've upvoted, but it doesn't seem to get the attention it deserves... 

Is this just SP issue, or is it stuck in MP too? At any rate, I can't understand why they simply won't fix it, as they've obviously just made a mistake with one of their latest patches... And they owe us better than this!

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:36 PM

Anyone else?

Good grief, has it been stuck this long?! They won't ever fix it then, will they? 

I've upvoted, but it doesn't seem to get the attention it deserves... 

Is this just SP issue, or is it stuck in MP too? At any rate, I can't understand why they simply won't fix it, as they've obviously just made a mistake with one of their latest patches... And they owe us better than this!

This doesn't have anything to do with MP, since the market in MP was never activated.

kreaturen
  • kreaturen

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:42 PM Edited by kreaturen, 06 September 2014 - 07:44 PM.

This doesn't have anything to do with MP, since the market in MP was never activated.

Really? Always thought bawsaq was made specifically for Online, and that single players were merely permitted to leach off it... Haven't played Online myself though, thought I'd wait for the PC version... But with such careless support of the Story Mode, I really must reconsider whether I really want to reward them with a second purchase... It's too bad, cause it's really one of the finest games I've ever played.

kreaturen
  • kreaturen

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:22 PM Edited by kreaturen, 06 September 2014 - 10:19 PM.

Just to confirm... Does this affect all story mode players? Rockstar insists that it's a local issue (I'm going through their steps of denial as we speak, no luck thus far), yet I have seen that at least one other player have exactly the same unchanging stock prices as me. That wouldn't be the case if bawsaq got stuck for different players at different times would it? It's astonishing to me that they flat out refuses to acknowledge the problem after all this time, and multiple requests...

I realize that most players probably play online now, and that that is why there isn't a greater uproar about it perhaps... But it just seems like it should have gotten more attention if it affected everyone.

• dtsmucker likes this

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:39 AM

Really? Always thought bawsaq was made specifically for Online, and that single players were merely permitted to leach off it... Haven't played Online myself though, thought I'd wait for the PC version... But with such careless support of the Story Mode, I really must reconsider whether I really want to reward them with a second purchase... It's too bad, cause it's really one of the finest games I've ever played.

BAWSAQ has been an SP feature since day 1. In Online, it was never accessible. You're right about the rest, they don't seem to give a damn about SP anymore.

Just to confirm... Does this affect all story mode players? Rockstar insists that it's a local issue (I'm going through their steps of denial as we speak, no luck thus far), yet I have seen that at least one other player have exactly the same unchanging stock prices as me. That wouldn't be the case if bawsaq got stuck for different players at different times would it? It's astonishing to me that they flat out refuses to acknowledge the problem after all this time, and multiple requests...

I realize that most players probably play online now, and that that is why there isn't a greater uproar about it perhaps... But it just seems like it should have gotten more attention if it affected everyone.

I believe that it affects many, if not all, players. It's certainly not a local issue, I've opened three tickets on R* support and went through ALL the troubleshooting steps, and still nothing. It's obviously an error on their part, which they refuse to acknowledge.

• dtsmucker likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users