Quantcast

» «
Photo

Was GTA 5 actually a new-gen game from the start?

37 replies to this topic
AgentGTAVI
  • AgentGTAVI

Awaiting the affirmation of Grand Theft Auto: VI.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:50 PM Edited by KingGTAV, 29 July 2014 - 02:58 PM.

Oh yes, definitely. Definitely it was. :) Grand Theft Auto: V's inner-workings, i.e. graphics and general performance, as I will reiterate as an excerpt from one of my recent postings, had a calling for Next-Gen. Grand Theft Auto: V possessed the unprecedented potential to be displayed on a full High Definition canvas; however the barrier was the output feasibility. Be that as it was, Grand Theft Auto: V's Last-Gen capabilities were hands down, tremendous. :) It is all the more reason by my respectful postulation, to be excited about New-Gen Grand Theft Auto: V, because it will be the empirical iteration that reflects how a true Next-Gen Grand Theft Auto title should be, per Rockstar standards. :) I cannot wait for it.

And then envisioning Grand Theft Auto: VI or VII in spellbinding 2160p. Mother of merciful God. That will shine as a graphical masterpiece.  :^:         

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:09 AM

Actually if you compare the very first trailer of GTA V with the windmills you would've known that it was actually already on Next Gen/PC

Actually what I thought too when I saw one of the screenshots when the game was announced only for PS360.

I remember there was one screenshot that made me think "This one looks PC, no way it's from the console version"

EditingYourMouth
  • EditingYourMouth

I saw that new GTA game, Midnight Club : Los Santos

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:01 AM

Built from the original San Andreas engine from 2005 used on the PC, because it was advanced at the time (2011).

Choteron
  • Choteron

Cockstar

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:18 AM

Actually if you compare the very first trailer of GTA V with the windmills you would've known that it was actually already on Next Gen/PC

Actually what I thought too when I saw one of the screenshots when the game was announced only for PS360.

I remember there was one screenshot that made me think "This one looks PC, no way it's from the console version"

Agreed. The promotional screenshot was taken from PC

IDAS Leader
  • IDAS Leader

We're not strong, We're injustice strong !!!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:27 AM

Duh...

Whiite Devil
  • Whiite Devil

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:56 AM Edited by RogerFH, 16 August 2014 - 07:58 AM.

I think they focused on developing the game for X360/PS3, then after a few years they started planning the next gen releases while still adjusting the game for old gen. Putting it simple: priority was delivering the game to a steady user base, then after release, improving it for the new base. Kind of what Naughty Dog did for The Last of Us (work for Remastered began the day the game was released for PS3, but they had been thinking about it for a while).

And just like Naughty Dog, Rockstar did a good job at sucking every power from the X360/PS3. The game was released, and was pretty impressive for, what, almost 10 year old hardware? They weren't beta testing customers, and saying that we got an inferior version of the real game is just as dumb. We got the game, and that's it. Now they're just releasing a prettier version.

• Xyn likes this

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:03 AM

Rockstar technically gave us a Beta testing phase. So... pretty much $60 sh*t beta test game  :r*:

So...do you believe the PS2 version of GTA: San Andreas to be a beta as well?

• VCR likes this

v17
  • v17

Contractor

• Members

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

I think it was, I also believe its not fair to call GTA V on ps3/XB a beta. It's clearly not, they made their game available to the current gen at the time and to be honest I don't understand why that bugs some people.

Surely that's better than them just waiting for next gen and releasing it only on PS4/XBone.

Also the amount of hours I've put into playing this has already made it a great value to entertainment time ratio that I have no problem purchasing it again for PC come release. For me and my play style personally, immersion plays a big part and so improved graphical quality is a reasonable excuse for an upgrade.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users