HD Los Santos vs. HD Liberty City

22 replies to this topic
Hot_STUFF
  • Hot_STUFF

I'll kill ya

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

Which one do you like and why? For me is LS. Sunny, spacious and the vibe is more cheerful.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

HD Liberty City. It still felt realistic without being poorly condensed down

• theGTAking101 likes this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

Same topic can be found few pages behind. Anyway, Liberty City. It's far more realistic and feels more alive. Also atmosphere is better done.

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

They are both good. But LC in GTA IV was the entire map, while in GTA V LS is just a part of them map alongside LS county, blaine county, Sandy shores and Paleto bay

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

Drake stole my notebook :(

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:45 PM

They are both good. But LC in GTA IV was the entire map, while in GTA V LS is just a part of them map alongside LS county, blaine county, Sandy shores and Paleto bay

What do you mean by saying "part of town"?

Btw, I think none of them was better from the other. LC was just a little bigger than LS (i mean LS without countryside).

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:45 PM

Liberty City is much better, big enough and actually looks like New York.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

• Members
  • Mars
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:47 PM

Doesn't Los Santos look like Los Angeles reallly?

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Have no fear, Olek is here! Mwahahaha...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

Liberty City is A LOT better if you ask me.

Phnx.
  • Phnx.

u / N / t / U / n / E

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:05 PM Edited by phoenixShine, 26 July 2014 - 06:06 PM.

Liberty City.

Sorry Los Santos but I don't feel your atmosphere.

• Jeansowaty likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:11 PM

Doesn't Los Santos look like Los Angeles reallly?

Not really. It does in some parts and landmarks, but Los Angeles is well known for its urban and suburban sprawl and Los Santos lacks in that.
  • TheOtherRyan and BLOOD-MOND like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

HD Los Santos...West Coast Baby! (Vinewood Sign-Hollywood Sign,Vespucci Beach-Venice Beach,Chumash-Malibu) a superb re-imagination of Los Angeles :)

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

Btw, I think none of them was better from the other. LC was just a little bigger than LS (i mean LS without countryside).

By '' Part of town'' (Wich was part of map, but whatever) I ment that Los Santos is only a half of the entire map in GTA V. while the city of Liberty City was the entire map in GTA IV. GTA V has countryside. 

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

• Members
  • Mars
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:29 PM

By '' Part of town'' (Wich was part of map, but whatever) I ment that Los Santos is only a half of the entire map in GTA V. while the city of Liberty City was the entire map in GTA IV. GTA V has countryside. 

This topic is also about the "cities" not maps or whole the games.
  • Scaglietti likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:18 AM

Liberty City. Last night I walked from the construction site after "Deconstruction For Begineers" to Niko's Bohan safehouse and the sights, sounds etc put Los Santos to shame IMO.

Los Santos looks nice, but for me it's boring to explore. It feels too empty and the peds are so dull. The lack of interesting interiors doesn't help either.

As far as I'm concerned HD Liberty City is R*'s finest creation yet. When the bar is set so high I guess it's hard to jump over it.
  • Phil Collin and Jeansowaty like this

Nico
  • Nico

You don't believe

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:07 AM

Before entering here, I wasn't expecting so much love for Liberty City.

Maybe not many people has seen this thread...

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:22 AM

HD LC for now!

Once GTA V arrives on PC, I shall be able to tell whether HD LS exceeds both my expectations and HD LC.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:35 AM Edited by Vercetti42, 27 July 2014 - 07:35 AM.

I think we should wait for the NG/PC version before debating. Rockstar promised a more "living and breathing" Los Santos after all.

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:06 AM

This topic is also about the "cities" not maps or whole the games.

.... *Facepalm*

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:01 AM

I think we should wait for the NG/PC version before debating. Rockstar promised a more "living and breathing" Los Santos after all.

Well they pretty much promised that with the 360/PS3 version. I'm not sure about PC as I'm not a PC gamer, but on console I don't expect it to be significantly more "living and breathing" than it is in PS3 and 360.

It's going to look pretty sad if people still feel HD Los Santos still lacks. Either way it's still not going to have the charm for me to topple Liberty City.;)

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:13 AM

Yeah and the difference is that V wasn't released at that time. Now V has already been released. They can't pull off the same stunt, it'd cause too much controversy.

They wouldn't want to end up being like Ubisoft and Watch Dogs.

Lowi
  • Lowi

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:02 AM

Los Santos is MUCH better than boring, dark Liberty City

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:31 PM Edited by Sting4S, 29 July 2014 - 04:35 PM.

HD Los Santos: Los Santos has a lot of great detail but I just can't like it as a whole. Neighborhoods like Vespucci, Chumash, or Richman are full of atmosphere and beauty but other neighborhoods just feel superficial or under-detailed. It isn't a bad city but it could've been better. The layout could've been better, the more intriguing neighborhoods (Manhattan Beach, Palos Verdes, Anaheim, Thousand Oaks, Bel Air, Long Beach etc.) could've been added, the ghetto could've been larger, and it lacks interiors. And the pedestrians are plain. They aren't funny, they're superficial, and unlike in IV, you will find two of the same exact NPC's right next to each other - sometimes 3. - 7/10

HD Liberty City: This city is grey and very gritty but I like it. One thing it isn't lacking in is atmosphere. It actually feels like a city and I sometimes give a damn about the people that live in it. It feels like it has a history, it looks like it has a history, and it only takes me a few minutes to get immersed into it. And that immersion is rarely ever interrupted (unlike in V where I have to deal with those annoying NPC cop chases and those god awful AI drivers). I could cruise up and down every street in Algonquin and not be bored. Yes this city has it's flaws (Alderney can be a bit dull, there could've been more neighborhoods too, and the traffic density is very finicky) and it would've been better if there was some countryside, but I just like this city. It's hard for me to hate it. It's hard for me to focus on it's flaws. Something about it pulls me in. - 9/10

So there you have it. I prefer Liberty City. I don't care if Los Santos is sunnier, I don't care if it has a vast countryside near, and I don't care if it has a little bit more structure diversity or better infrastructure. Liberty City is the city I enjoy being in the most, it's the city I'd choose to live in.

.... *Facepalm*

Shut up. :dozing:

• TheOtherRyan likes this

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

Los Santos has a better vehicle variety without mods. Also, I like the sun. I just do. Liberty was always so constantly gray and depressing, even with the saturation turned all the way up. There were no parachutes or tanks until DLC came out, it was just so boring.

• BLOOD-MOND likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users