Cavalcade MKII - What The Hell?

57 replies to this topic
East_On_Bimmer_St
  • East_On_Bimmer_St

It's the Albanian rozzers!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:34 AM

So I know you can't store cars from jobs, but what the actual hell was R* thinking when they decided we couldn't store the Albany Cavalcade MKII after killing one of Lester's targets?

I got it the other day after doing races with my friend and crewmate Ensyyy, spent about $60 - $80k on cosmetics (paint jobs mostly) only to find out I can't put insurance on that f*cker if you found it. I couldn't even sell it.

So, we did what all normal people would do if you just got done doing an hour long playlist and wasted your money on a near worthless car... we beat the sh*t out of it with baseball bats, crowbars, golfclubs and the occasional person.

Anybody else have an encounter like this?

Tehguy123
  • Tehguy123

Yeah Mr White... yeah science!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:38 AM Edited by Tehguy123, 26 July 2014 - 09:40 AM.

Drive the car into a mission trigger, exit the car, quit the mission you triggered and then the car should be nearby and insurable. 

• ParanoiaX, Timely and NikkoCharger like this

East_On_Bimmer_St
  • East_On_Bimmer_St

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:41 AM

Drive the car into a mission trigger, exit the car, quit the mission you triggered and then bingo.

Are you being serious right now?

ModderX
  • ModderX

#1 90's Car Fan

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:41 AM Edited by ModderX, 26 July 2014 - 02:17 PM.

That's why the first thing you do is insure it...

Especially in these days, where you could be disconnected at any moment. If I didn't insure my Nemesis first thing, I would of lost it because as soon as I insured and did engine and turbo upgrades, I was disconnected.

• livejoker, ParanoiaX, Killzone3265 and 6 others like this

Tehguy123
  • Tehguy123

Yeah Mr White... yeah science!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

Drive the car into a mission trigger, exit the car, quit the mission you triggered and then bingo.

Try it next time when you obtain a mission vehicle. I can only confirm this works with gang attack and mission vehicles, but I think kill target vehicles should work with this as well. After you quit the mission, the car you were in should appear nearby and be insurable.

• BLACK DYNAM1TE likes this

East_On_Bimmer_St
  • East_On_Bimmer_St

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

Try it next time when you obtain a mission vehicle. I can only confirm this works with gang attack and mission vehicles, but I think kill target vehicles should work with this as well. After you quit the mission, the car you were in should appear nearby and be insurable.

Thanks! Very useful info.

Shotty Pop
  • Shotty Pop

Thug

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

Next time don't be a tight ass and actually buy the car from the dealer it's only 80K

That would've saved you a bunch of money.I buy all my cars unless they can't be found on the website to buy

• Mr.Nedich likes this

wingoose
  • wingoose

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:00 PM Edited by wingoose, 26 July 2014 - 02:01 PM.

Next time don't be a tight ass and actually buy the car from the dealer it's only 80K

That would've saved you a bunch of money.I buy all my cars unless they can't be found on the website to buy

It's almost as if by you purchasing your cars you're implying you have some kind of moral high ground over people who if given a choice would rather steal their cars, in a game called Grand Theft Auto.

• Gantons Most Wanted, ZeroF0rce, A Maned Wolf and 10 others like this

Winning001
  • Winning001

Followin' the damn train since '92

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

this is why you buy tracker and insurance first

mikezilla2
  • mikezilla2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

whats the difference / pics ?

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

Last time i checked, the game we've been playing wasn't called Grand Buy Auto.

• BLACK DYNAM1TE and gorskiegangsta like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

I hope Rockstar fix that can't sell/insure mission car sh*t soon. It's totally amateur..

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

That's horrible advice. Don't buy any vehicle that can be found for free.
  • ZeroF0rce, Timely and BLACK DYNAM1TE like this

KoingWolf
  • KoingWolf

If Found: Return to Online Section

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:55 PM

Gang Burrito? Or is that blacklisted from the garage?

Delta India Echo
  • Delta India Echo

f*ck crate drops

• BUSTED!
  • Somalia

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

It's almost as if by you purchasing your cars you're implying you have some kind of moral high ground over people who if given a choice would rather steal their cars, in a game called Grand Theft Auto.

#shotsfired

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

um, the targets drive the old ass cavalcade. Find the second generation on the streets damnit

Winning001
  • Winning001

Followin' the damn train since '92

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

you can buy both online anyway

• Timely and AlienOne like this

Keegeroo
  • Keegeroo

Goon Squad Salt Co.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

One of my biggest gripes with gta v is how many limitations they put on storing vehicles. When I first found a Phoenix in "no hay bronca" last year I was so stoked. It's like a trophy for completing the mission, that you can drive around
  • gorskiegangsta likes this

Retired Mafia
  • Retired Mafia

Van Society leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:06 PM

love the way that you smash it with melee weapons, i gotta try that too when i get mad a a car.

Keegeroo
  • Keegeroo

Goon Squad Salt Co.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

um, the targets drive the old ass cavalcade. Find the second generation on the streets damnit

Probably the unpopular opinion here, but I like the looks of the old one. &dem subs
  • ModderX and ZeroSafe5615 like this

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:09 PM Edited by AlienOne, 26 July 2014 - 04:09 PM.

Probably the unpopular opinion here, but I like the looks of the old one. &dem subs
The old one looks worse than it's real life counterpart, and that's saying something :/

elfoam
  • elfoam

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:09 PM Edited by elfoam, 26 July 2014 - 04:10 PM.

One of my biggest gripes with gta v is how many limitations they put on storing vehicles. When I first found a Phoenix in "no hay bronca" last year I was so stoked. It's like a trophy for completing the mission, that you can drive around

It was like my favourite thing about missions too. Rockstar sucked so much for purposly breaking that. I'm sure they will fix it one day but it's been quite a few patches now.

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:10 PM

Grand Theft Auto isn't about just stealing cars and killing hookers anymore

tails_prower_2040
  • tails_prower_2040

Tails Prower

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:11 PM Edited by tails_prower_2040, 26 July 2014 - 04:13 PM.

I hope Rockstar fix that can't sell/insure mission car sh*t soon. It's totally amateur..

It was removed because people were making money out of mission cars that had a higher value than

street cars.

The example I remember well was the Vapid Dominator from Cops Capacity, that was worth $22000ish because

it had bulletproof tyres.

Don't expect them to fix being able to store mission cars back in because it won't be happening.

Keegeroo
  • Keegeroo

Goon Squad Salt Co.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

Grand Theft Auto isn't about just stealing cars and killing hookers anymore

Since when? I do both of those on the reg.

Game is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

"Coming for You"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

whats the difference / pics ?

2008 Cavalcade

AlbanyCavalcade1-Front-GTAV.png

2013 Cavalcade (MKII)

GTA-5-Albany-Cavalcade.jpg

both can be bought on SSSA.

• livejoker and Timely like this

MetalThrasherXtreme
  • MetalThrasherXtreme

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:15 PM

So I know you can't store cars from jobs, but what the actual hell was R* thinking when they decided we couldn't store the Albany Cavalcade MKII after killing one of Lester's targets?

I got it the other day after doing races with my friend and crewmate Ensyyy, spent about $60 - $80k on cosmetics (paint jobs mostly) only to find out I can't put insurance on that f*cker if you found it. I couldn't even sell it.

So, we did what all normal people would do if you just got done doing an hour long playlist and wasted your money on a near worthless car... we beat the sh*t out of it with baseball bats, crowbars, golfclubs and the occasional person.

Anybody else have an encounter like this?

Uhmmm...Why in the f*ck would you put all the mods on it BEFORE purchasing insurance? You were basically asking to get screwed over. 

Not to me, I agree, old Cavaclade looks better plus it has more mods available, not sure why the 2nd gen doesn't, same for the Baller. 

It was removed because people were making money out of mission cars that had a higher value than

street cars.

The example I remember well was the Vapid Dominator from Cops Capacity, that was worth $22000ish because

it had bulletproof tyres.

Don't expect them to fix being able to store mission cars back in because it won't be happening.

$2200? And they fixed that because $2200 is just so much money, right? Jeeze, what the f*ck, why would they do that? Lmao. 

elfoam
  • elfoam

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:16 PM

I read about that being the reason why recently. Half assed solutions to a non issue. How about just change the car from a Dominator to a sports?, talk about dimwitted. How about just leaving it how it was instead of breaking the game. I used to find nice normal cars during a mission and I deserve to spawn in them afterwards OK, thanks Rockstar.
  • Diesleman likes this

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

Drive the car into a mission trigger, exit the car, quit the mission you triggered and then the car should be nearby and insurable. 

Does this also make mission vehicles able to be sold to LSC? Would this work with the felon from "Out of Court Settlement"?

East_On_Bimmer_St
  • East_On_Bimmer_St

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:34 PM

I like the old one. I like the fact that you can add speakers. And I call it the MKII because it's harder to find.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users