Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you believe in hereafter or you doubt?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic
gtavstriker
  • gtavstriker

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:10 AM

so basically i wanna ask you guys, if you Believe in hereafter, such as hell and paradise. and if you do or have doubts, why dont you guys seek knowledge from religious books.

i know this sounds crazy or so, but i am not asking you to go read that and do that. i like yourselves or (many of you), wanna know the truth about this Life. i wanna know if there is a creator or not, but just sitting and not seeking knowledge wont help me.

i mean the biggest loss i can see, is that we die as disbelievers and hell and paradise would be the truth. If we study for 100 years, and stay religious for 100 years, and there is no hereafter and we die, then what loss do we make? except that Everything goes blank.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:14 AM Edited by GunWrath, 26 July 2014 - 12:15 AM.

Paradise? Sure.

beachandbeer.jpg

In all seriousness, I don't believe in either. We'll just simply cease to exist when death comes. If you want to know if there is a creator or not, get used to never knowing. If you want to seek knowledge on the matter, seek out the cosmos.

Shmoopy
  • Shmoopy

Thug (͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:32 AM

If we study for 100 years, and stay religious for 100 years, and there is no hereafter and we die, then what loss do we make? except that Everything goes blank.

Indeed , its a win win for religious people .

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:04 AM Edited by WhatsStrength, 26 July 2014 - 04:07 AM.

Neither option is particularly-appealing to me. You have the choice between burning forever or praising God in what's essentially an eternal church sermon in the clouds. I will say that I'd still take any post-mortem existence over complete erasure. It makes this life feel like such a waste if it's just going to end permanently.

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

well you got the perfect disguise and you're looking okay

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:53 AM

Pffft. We all know you meet this guy when you die.

article_post_width_The-Epsilon-Kifflam.j

• Killerdude8, IveGotNoValues and Killzone3265 like this

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:01 AM

Nope. I think I have fully lost belief in that kind of thing... and despite what "certain types" may think, it hasn't made me a bad person. In fact, I've actually been a better person since. I've found myself appreciating everything in the world ( and beyond ) a great deal more. 

I don't mind what anyone's beliefs are, as long as it makes them a better person.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:07 AM

I think living on for eternity after death would be worse than dying and that being that. I can't imagine being trapped with no escape for all eternity from some place whether it be eternal bliss or damnation. Heaven scared the sh*t out of me when I was turning towards atheism.

Edwin
  • Edwin

Franceska ♥

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

I think living on for eternity after death would be worse than dying and that being that. I can't imagine being trapped with no escape for all eternity from some place whether it be eternal bliss or damnation. Heaven scared the sh*t out of me when I was turning towards atheism.

What if there's pizza and boobies?

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:47 AM

In this moment.....I am euphoric.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

You are aware there's a topic on the afterlife a few down from this one?

http://gtaforums.com...ns-after-death/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users