Quantcast

» «
Photo

R* should give players control over Buzzard access.

33 replies to this topic
justinlynch3
  • justinlynch3

GTA legit player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:46 PM

Mainly being able to restrict access to passengers and turn off passenger missiles.

Like just now I played Chopper Tail, a easy 17 grand in the bank with barely any ammo cost, so you usually earn more from that then from Rooftop which has 2 or 3 grand ammo cost into explosives much of the time.

Anyway I decide to be nice and invite another person in.   We grab a buggy, head to the airport and hop i my Buzzard and now the problems start.    First, he takes over rocket control and won't let me take rockets back despite me constantly tapping the square button.   We many to get by and I land the Buzzard and take the truck.    The dude then takes my Buzzard and starts firing missiles at me down the highway.    Only I think we made it to Trevor's is because the Buzzard has crap free aim rocket targeting.

I mean really, I invite people into my game to help them get rank and money and that's what happens?

I don't understand why we can't limit access to Buzzards.    On cars we can let anybody drive them, limit access to passenger seats or lock people out of out cars completely.     Why not the same for Buzzards?   Make access options.

- Everyone.

- Passengers with rockets.

- Passengers without rockets.

Seems kinda dumb people can just walk up and freely thief our Pegases machines anyway.    1.7 million for a Buzzard and no theft protection or access control?     Over 800 grand for monster truck, no access control?    Hell we paid for these, they are OUR machines just as much as Personal Vehicles are.    We should be able to set access control to out liking the same as we can PV's.

• livejoker, GroundZero, StormerBoy and 7 others like this

modnation
  • modnation

Like this post for chop

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:47 PM

protip: dont let anyone in your buzzard

• Governator, KeeNer187, Lay and 3 others like this

therealprojectsupra
  • therealprojectsupra

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:20 PM

This was the best part about having a PV buzzard back in the early days.

Buzzard gets stolen... vehicle access "NO ONE"... sit back and watch the crash.

• Mr.Nedich, Ninja_Gear, StormerBoy and 5 others like this

X S
  • X S

Confirmation Bias Approved

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

This really isn't a problem with the Buzzard.  This is a problem of incompetent people joining your game.

• DJ Kornphlake likes this

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:29 PM

All they need to change is if you have missiles selected the passenger cant use the missile camera.

• blk95ta, Governator and KeeNer187 like this

OwensRacing
  • OwensRacing

LSAT

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:30 PM

I do hate it when someone takes over my rockets. I'm the pilot of this here craft. Now release control of my weapons or were both going down in a fiery crash!!! LoL
  • StormerBoy likes this

AlienOne
  • AlienOne

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

I do hate it when someone takes over my rockets. I'm the pilot of this here craft. Now release control of my weapons or were both going down in a fiery crash!!! LoL

Or you can just jump out?

SecretDonkey14
  • SecretDonkey14

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

Whenever a passenger does it to me I fly directly at a building and bail. Pilot can auto lock the target and kill everyone quick passengers usually take 3-4 rockets per kill so why do they even try.
  • elfoam likes this

Grimase
  • Grimase

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:36 PM

I've had so many people try to steal my buzzard in mission and all I do is wait for them to start to take off as then mini gun the thing. Problem solved. Now they either have to watch as I air hump and air guitar for 20 minutes or leave the mission.
  • DJ Kornphlake likes this

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

No there is no need it's your fault for playing with randoms and letting them in your buzzard.

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

Manual or auto target missiles, thanks rockstar!, lets get this game sorted.

EW200
  • EW200

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:54 PM

First problem was letting a random in your buzzard during a mission where you can destroy the objective. Never trust randoms with explosives!

Second, I always start by placing a sticky on my Buzzard. That way if someone steals it, I blow them up. If a passneger gets cocky with the rockets, I jump out and blow them up!

Broblab
  • Broblab

Homicidal maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

protip: dont let anyone in your buzzard

100 percent this.

or:

you get out after the rotors spin up, as soon as they switch seats, you pull them out of the chopper and fly away immediately. i do it all the time.

The_Mossberg500
  • The_Mossberg500

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

This really isn't a problem with the Buzzard.  This is a problem of incompetent people joining your game.

Yup..just like people on Rooftop Rumble who like to blow up people's vehicles if they leave them there when they car pool it up to the drop off point. The problem isn't the system, it's the f*ck tards who decide to be jerks. Every game can be altered to the point that it can annoy someone.

BF4 = Tossing med packs in front of Recon players who are sniping, right in front of their scopes. Shooting team mates on core so they get suppressed or their body movement alters. It seems that games are now being patched because of Clown Shoes like the ones in this game that want to go out of their way to annoy others.

dvntsvnt
  • dvntsvnt

gg, no re

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:01 PM

Mainly being able to restrict access to passengers and turn off passenger missiles.

Like just now I played Chopper Tail, a easy 17 grand in the bank with barely any ammo cost, so you usually earn more from that then from Rooftop which has 2 or 3 grand ammo cost into explosives much of the time.

Anyway I decide to be nice and invite another person in.   We grab a buggy, head to the airport and hop i my Buzzard and now the problems start.    First, he takes over rocket control and won't let me take rockets back despite me constantly tapping the square button.   We many to get by and I land the Buzzard and take the truck.    The dude then takes my Buzzard and starts firing missiles at me down the highway.    Only I think we made it to Trevor's is because the Buzzard has crap free aim rocket targeting.

I mean really, I invite people into my game to help them get rank and money and that's what happens?

I don't understand why we can't limit access to Buzzards.    On cars we can let anybody drive them, limit access to passenger seats or lock people out of out cars completely.     Why not the same for Buzzards?   Make access options.

- Everyone.

Seems kinda dumb people can just walk up and freely thief our Pegases machines anyway.    1.7 million for a Buzzard and no theft protection or access control?     Over 800 grand for monster truck, no access control?    Hell we paid for these, they are OUR machines just as much as Personal Vehicles are.    We should be able to set access control to out liking the same as we can PV's.

I invite people into my game to help them get rank and money

I think I've discovered the problem. Stop doing this.

The_Mossberg500
  • The_Mossberg500

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:04 PM

- Everyone.

LOL

livejoker
  • livejoker

Look Deep In My Eyes As I Touch You

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

First off: doing Rooftop Rumble and spending 2-3 grand is too much. I do Rooftop Rumble averaging 12-14 kills with $430, around that area. You don't have to blow everything up. :/

I agree that players are annoying little sh*ts but I sort of like having my Buzzard in a field somewhere and I can't call another one. Ah crap, gotta get it back from the Fort or go climb a mountain and go get it. I once got a text from Pegasus that my Buzzard (up Mt. Chiliad) got stolen. Moments later I saw it fly above me (I kept an eye on who was on top of the mountain via the map) and the guy killed me WITH MY OWN BUZZARD. But I like it; it's free game. It's like having a war and somehow the enemy manages to steal one of your military vehicle and use it against you so you gotta take it out and take cover. It's real fun, weirdly.

Arya35
  • Arya35

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:14 PM

I only find it useful on mixed up with coke, since you can destroy the cement truck straight away since you have to kill a few surrounding targets before you can normally get the lock on to the truck.

But we also need the ability to disable lock on rockets as a pilot, police and helicopters keep taking the lock on in free roam.

Khelandros
  • Khelandros

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:31 PM

- Everyone.

Wrong problem. Problem is here.

, so you usually earn more from that then from Rooftop which has 2 or 3 grand ammo cost into explosives much of the time.

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:44 PM Edited by stonedpimpso, 25 July 2014 - 08:47 PM.

He couldn't have killed you, you were occupying a vehicle and you cant kill teammates or destroy the vehicle you're in. He was probably just using you for target practice because he had nothing better to do. Sounds like he need it too.

Sooooo I probably would have done the same if there's NO risk why not jack around.

Don't blame a random for your lack of knowledge.

And I love stealing a tank, so no to peg vehicle locks.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

This was the best part about having a PV buzzard back in the early days.

Buzzard gets stolen... vehicle access "NO ONE"... sit back and watch the crash.

Even better with the Jet. The guy in it would just eject out of it and get badsport+17K insurance bill.

NomadRider
  • NomadRider

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

at most it would cost me a grenade or a sticky. Keep out of my Buzz unless you want to die in it.

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:58 PM

Or you can just jump out?

No. Because if they're the passenger controlling the rockets, then they would take control of the helicopter when you jump out after a few seconds.

ReignMillions
  • ReignMillions

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:58 PM

I disagree on the part "because the Buzzard has crap free aim rocket targeting.", he will have just sucked. Click the link in my sig, I got a video of what the beast can do!! 

But yeah, I agree, or just you should have control of selecting the rockets when you want as the pilot, not the other way round. e.g.it kicks him out of the T.V. view when you've pressed square (ps3) or X (xbox) untill you switch back to guns.

SimpleJack_420
  • SimpleJack_420

Penis Wrinkle

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

Why not use the miniguns? They work WAY better than those noob rockets. No offense, but those rockets are crap anyway. I only use those when im chasing someone in their PV, because they likely have armor. If their in a stolen car I just chase them with my miniguns. Its pretty funny because the rounds actually cause u to lose slight control over your car. Its even funnier when some scrub in the buzzard tries going 1v1 with their shi**y lock on rockets lmfao. All I do is rush them just like you would in GTAIV heli dogfights. The rockets miss 98% of the time if your target proceeds to come towards you. It seems everyone I come across that tries fighting in the buzzard, has know clue the way those crapping rockets work.

blackwolfred
  • blackwolfred

HellsWolfPak&Proud

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:24 PM

i would like to be able to choose like i can with my car access and gun/rocket control.....i payed for it,it should be up to me.

• JuZ 75 likes this

Gatti Sosa
  • Gatti Sosa

Homie

• BUSTED!
  • Israel

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:32 PM Edited by Shotty Pop, 25 July 2014 - 09:34 PM.

I agree that we should be able to restrict access to our pegasus vehicles.

To those saying it's not a problem and just dont let people in you sound stupid.

It's been plenty of times my buzzard spawns in a covert mission and some asshole runs to it and steals it or

if i run to it and hop in it, some jerk off who was running right behind me jumps in the passenger and takes control of the missiles.

What about when that happens? So yes it is a problem and needs to be addressed by rockstar

krooked kouki
  • krooked kouki

Gear Head

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

Its been fine since October. Please OP, explain why your one experience calls for R* to change this?

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:18 PM

Only let competent crew members/friends in your buzzard. Everyone I play with is pretty cool about handing over control of rockets because they realize that auto targeting is much faster/effective during a job.

slowburn29
  • slowburn29

Significantly more hydrated than you

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:55 PM

Pretty sure you did a mission with a 5 year old. In that context, your story makes perfect sense

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users