Photo

CLEO.asi source code

3 replies to this topic
gokuta
  • gokuta

Crackhead

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM Edited by gokuta, 25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM.

Ok, it is said, that CLEO is an open source project starting by 4.2a. And I can actually find a source code of CLEO 4.2a, but does anyone know, where can I find a source code of the latest CLEO version (4.3.16)? Thanks.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:03 PM

I'd like to know where that was stated. I know 4.2a was released open-source by Alien, due to the fact he had to abandon its development, but it's not true that the entire project has to be open source from then on.

However, I'm developing the project now, and I do happen to believe in open source tools, especially within the modding community. I just don't think that it's best to make CLEO open-source at this particular moment. 4.3 was a slight port of code from 4.2a, with much needed fixes added. As it was, 4.2a was a rewrite of CLEO 4, which happened to have been ported to C++ from Delphi since CLEO 3... you can only imagine how messy the result of all that is! One of my goals in the new direction of CLEO is to make it a much better and more fitting candidate for being an open source project.

Unfortunately me and Seemann have agreed to keep more specific information about the current development of CLEO relatively secret in a sort of "no one's ready to know yet" fashion... You'll have to trust me when I say you'll see why when it's ready :p

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:05 PM

I'd like to know where that was stated. I know 4.2a was released open-source by Alien, due to the fact he had to abandon its development, but it's not true that the entire project has to be open source from then on.

All sources of CLEO for GTA 3/VC were lost and some cookie monster disassembles compiled asi to fix bugs. We all benefited from cleo being not open source :)

gokuta
  • gokuta

Crackhead

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:36 PM Edited by gokuta, 27 July 2014 - 12:23 AM.

If you are saying, that CLEO must remain non open-source project, I can only add, that all the projects should remain non open-source as well. You know, we will benefit form that, isn't it?

In other words - you are being stupid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users