Quantcast

» «
Photo

do you think that switching will be faster?

53 replies to this topic
RominOctane
  • RominOctane

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

Its always bothered me that they lied to us about the amout of time it took to switch characters in the gameplay trailer. Among the other lies in the video, like "los santos real estate" I think this is one that can be fixed with the better technology.
TL;DR- do you think switching will be like the gameplay trailer, do you want it to be.
  • fac316, DaRkL3AD3R, Kafonix and 1 other like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

This action will have consequences...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

Yes, and yes.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

I seem to recall preview saying 'it can take up to 30 seconds if you switch to a character that's on the other side of the map, but it's much quicker when they're closer'.

I don't think there's anything misleading about that, that's accurate. 

But of course it will be a bit quicker. More powerful hardware, more memory, more space to load things into and retrieve... of course it will be quicker. Not that I have a problem with it, switching delay can be useful if you want to grab a sip of a drink, grab a toke or whatever you do to float your goat. 

• adictoGTA, FreshPots, AlmightySo and 3 others like this

Trevor_Phillips.
  • Trevor_Phillips.

I live for this sh*t!

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

yes and loading too because the new consoles install whole game 

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

Well if you are talking about NG, Ofc I think it will be fixed. Switching will take less time like it does in current gen, it will be a more 'easy fix' I think. 

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

Given the increased bandwidth in various parts of the machine, of course it will be, just like loading will be.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:30 PM

I seem to recall preview saying 'it can take up to 30 seconds if you switch to a character that's on the other side of the map, but it's much quicker when they're closer'.

But of course it will be a bit quicker. More powerful hardware, more memory, more space to load things into and retrieve... of course it will be quicker. Not that I have a problem with it, switching delay can be useful if you want to grab a sip of a drink, grab a toke or whatever you do to float your goat. 

When you show a gameplay trailer at in-game graphics levels, and the character switching is NOT indicative of what you actually get on either platform, it's misleading.

And yes I expect to install the game to my SSD and hopefully see a decent boost to character switching speed.

• Kampret likes this

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:37 PM Edited by one55, 25 July 2014 - 04:39 PM.

How did they lie to us? They obviously didn't capture the game straight from a PS3/360. It would have been running on a PC with some kind of software that allows them to run the game. So of course it's gonna be much faster.

But yeah it'll be faster on PS4/XB1/PC. I don't know the exact details but I think the PS4/XB1 will be able to get much faster speeds from the HD. On pc...well that'll be able to use the full speed of an SSD which i don't think even the PS4/XB1 can utilise fully.

not sure exactly how much of a difference it'll make but i'm upgrading my ps4 hd to a 7200rpm model. i'm guessing there will be an improvement. it might not be much but at least it'll be something.

AgentGTAVI
  • AgentGTAVI

Awaiting the affirmation of Grand Theft Auto: VI.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

Oh yes, of course, and this is only one capacity of New-Gen Grand Theft Auto: V that will be facilitated accordingly. :D There might even be some subtleties in how the transition occurs from character-to-character, just to distinguish it from Last-Gen. The more distinguished that this remastered version can feasibly be at the discretion of the new hardware, in addition to pristine, graphical advances, the more appealing it will shine as. :)

There is so much of the scope of this new Grand Theft Auto: V that our peripheral vision is oblivious to. Be that as it is, this methodology of anonymity can only serve as Rockstar's preferred action for so long. :) Moreover, it would be great if more switching scenarios were implemented, chiefly for Franklin as he seems to be prone to alcohol recidivism ("I'm drunk, but I ain't getting drunker"). ;)                

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

They made it seem faster in the gameplay trailer you fanboy

You'd make excuses even it took two hours "Go read a book or do some laundry while it loads for two hours, the game is still a masterpiece, you whiners!"
  • matajuegos01 likes this

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

Just can't wait to see if they added any new switch situations w/ Mike and ESP Trev. Frank let me guess, irons another shirt lol.

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

You'd make excuses even it took two hours "Go read a book or do some laundry while it loads for two hours, the game is still a masterpiece, you whiners!"

Do you really need to be so damn negative?? You could have simply said ''they made it faster in the gameplay trailer''

Stop calling others fanboys for no apparent reason

• Heists and Kafonix like this

Xenology
  • Xenology

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:47 PM

Its always bothered me that they lied to us about the amout of time it took to switch characters in the gameplay trailer. Among the other lies in the video, like "los santos real estate" I think this is one that can be fixed with the better technology.
TL;DR- do you think switching will be like the gameplay trailer, do you want it to be.

BECAUSE IT WAS FOR THE NEXT F*CKING GEN AND CPU GODD*MN POEPLE WONT YOU LEARN THIS?

RominOctane
  • RominOctane

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:55 PM Edited by RominOctane, 25 July 2014 - 06:58 PM.

How did they lie to us? They obviously didn't capture the game straight from a PS3/360. It would have been running on a PC with some kind of software that allows them to run the game. So of course it's gonna be much faster.

But yeah it'll be faster on PS4/XB1/PC. I don't know the exact details but I think the PS4/XB1 will be able to get much faster speeds from the HD. On pc...well that'll be able to use the full speed of an SSD which i don't think even the PS4/XB1 can utilise fully.

not sure exactly how much of a difference it'll make but i'm upgrading my ps4 hd to a 7200rpm model. i'm guessing there will be an improvement. it might not be much but at least it'll be something.

Yes they did lie to us because it says it was in-game footage at the end of the trailer and all the button hints were ps3 buttons. So they shouldn't do that if it was captured on some other sh*t

Edit: also @guy above this post, it wasn't NG so please you people stop defending Rockstar and acting ignorant because I'm sure you aren't.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

BECAUSE IT WAS FOR THE NEXT F*CKING GEN AND CPU GODD*MN POEPLE WONT YOU LEARN THIS?

...or they sped it up because the game has to clear the cache, then decide on a situation, load the world, populate it, and then set up the switch scene...

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:48 PM

I hate GTA V, but come on. The switching system works perfectly fine.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:16 PM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 25 July 2014 - 08:17 PM.

Instead of : Thump, HUURRRG, Thump, HUURRRG, Thump......... Swoooooosh............. Thump, HUURRRG, Thump, HUURRRG, Thump.

It will be: Thump, Thump, Thump, Swoosh, Thump, Thump, Thump. 

• Doland J. Trump, Distrom, NoSignal_ and 3 others like this

Cr!minal
  • Cr!minal

Career Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:22 PM Edited by Cr!minal, 25 July 2014 - 08:23 PM.

A tip for 360 users:

If you put the "Install" disc to speedy USB flash drive instead of hard disk then character switching is considerably faster.

I have tested it with two different systems (120GB fat Elite model and 250GB Slim model) and both resulted noticeable improvements in loading when doing a switch.

RominOctane
  • RominOctane

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:01 PM

I hate GTA V, but come on. The switching system works perfectly fine.

no one said it doesn't work, we are just saying it doesn't work as smoothly and fluidly as it was advertised to do.

Instead of : Thump, HUURRRG, Thump, HUURRRG, Thump......... Swoooooosh............. Thump, HUURRRG, Thump, HUURRRG, Thump.

It will be: Thump, Thump, Thump, Swoosh, Thump, Thump, Thump.

This, The Crew(I know it's only a racer and has no peds) can fast travel instantly with no kind of delay. V should be able to do it on PS4/XB1/PC. Plus the crew's map is much bigger and has tons of foliage everywhere to load.

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:23 PM Edited by Phoenix_Shit, 26 July 2014 - 07:22 AM.

https://www.youtube....h?v=N-xHcvug3WI

Skip to 2:10, you will see how fast the character switch is compared to how it is on PS3/Xbox360.. I hope the NG and PC version has it this way

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:53 PM

You can already get switching speed the same as the gameplay trailer on PS3, you need to use an SSD, check out the videos comparing it, character switching with SSD takes around 2 to 3 seconds.
  • kj2022 and CartmanKusanagi like this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

bah humbug

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

You can already get switching speed the same as the gameplay trailer on PS3, you need to use an SSD, check out the videos comparing it, character switching with SSD takes around 2 to 3 seconds.

This. All of this.

As long as you can stream fast it'll load faster.

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:31 PM

If they think switching is long, they wanna try loading the game on a 360 when it's digital, it takes 5 minutes.

WSBPT
  • WSBPT

TTop of TTha TTreez

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:38 AM

I hope so.. sh*t is too slow.. and they need to make the loading screen sh*t FASTER.. that gets annoying as f*ck

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:53 AM

Do you really need to be so damn negative?? You could have simply said ''they made it faster in the gameplay trailer''

Stop calling others fanboys for no apparent reason

But that user is a fanboy, according to his other posts, Zee is right.

RenThePyro
  • RenThePyro

I kept on walking

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:56 AM

The drives on the PS4/XB1 are 5400rpm drives, so unless the game will be sitting in some flash based cache, I don't think it will be much faster.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:41 AM

Unless of course users upgrade to a faster speed. The most common PC drive speed is 7,200rpm, which is what I have in my ps3, switching in GTAV takes around 10 to 15 seconds per character, around 30 to transition to online and up to a minute on initial boot with all the latest patches installed.

Should be a nice idea of what PC gamers can expect.

As I've stated plenty of times, GTAV is one of few games on the consoles that really makes use of drive speed, GTAV coming from an SSD is pretty damn amazing, no pop in, no streaming issues, quick transitions between online and offline and of course really fast character switching, only taking around 2 to 3 seconds.

SSD is a worthwhile investment for these kind of heavy streaming titles.

Markshr00m
  • Markshr00m

Broke Bad

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:09 AM

Definitely. Switching will be faster and most likely those god damn loading times for online.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:48 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 26 July 2014 - 06:50 AM.

No doubt it will be faster. Not like split second fast but I think we'll get a good amount of seconds shaved off.

Speaking of load times. Can't wait for the main loading screen to get a faster boot up. Sometimes SP will load in 2 min. Sometimes 5 min. And on two occasions it even took almost 10 min.

However, part of the problem could be that my PS3 is old. It does sound like a jet engine 95% of the time.

VCR
  • VCR

plus+

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:53 AM

might not be your ps3. I've got the latest one and it's also taken up to 10 min before

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users