Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does SA have the most unrealistic missions ever?

72 replies to this topic
UshaB
  • UshaB

Untouchable

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:53 AM

This is clearly possible:

Maybe it actually is. A soldier so superior that achieving peak badass is possible.

gta_cipriani
  • gta_cipriani

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:56 PM

Out of all the things to complain about, you complain about the missions being too unrealistic? Why not complain about the characters not dying to gunshots fired at point blank range too while you're at it? I mean, the main protagonist tanks bullets like he's the man of steel. A single bullet should kill him if the game is realistic.

watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:30 PM

I always saw GTA San Andreas as the Nirvana of video gaming. Nirvana thought of music more than lyrics. The same deal was with this game. The gameplay is the music and the story is the lyrics.

Damian7189
  • Damian7189

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:57 PM Edited by Damian7189, 11 June 2015 - 07:58 PM.

This is clearly possible:

Maybe it actually is. A soldier so superior that achieving peak badass is possible.

Lmao. I love this. I never realized how silly it truly was.

• UshaB likes this

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:59 PM

It's Area 69, not Area 51. So no, Area 69 shouldn't necessarily be hard to break into.

I think few people here understand the concept of fiction...

• SmokesWithCigs likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:24 AM Edited by Osho, 12 June 2015 - 06:39 AM.

I always saw GTA San Andreas as the Nirvana of video gaming. Nirvana thought of music more than lyrics.

I strongly felt that the story was equally good and was the backbone, aimed at making the game really interesting. It worked really well to "make sense within the world and where you are in the story".
For me SA is an incomplete experience without the story. It was the characters, the writing, and their many stories combined together that defined the many moments, the gameplay and the game world itself!!
SA story was good as well as the gameplay.

As for the topic, SA has the most fun filled and entertaining missions ever. That's my opinion. Yes, it has some stretched out aspects but really I never thought about them as a big deal. It isn't game breaker nor immersion killer for me, so yeah, its cool.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:43 AM

It's Area 69, not Area 51. So no, Area 69 shouldn't necessarily be hard to break into.

I think few people here understand the concept of fiction...

But, isn't Area 69 is based on Area 51?

UshaB
  • UshaB

Untouchable

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 June 2015 - 01:38 AM

Yes.

DragonpokeZ
  • DragonpokeZ

Tough Guy

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:38 AM Edited by DragonpokeZ, 13 June 2015 - 02:38 AM.

Area 69 is physically based on Area 51, but you won't get ambushed by the army if you trespass it, just by some country cops and the FBI if you let them get close enough

yoshiandluigi3
  • yoshiandluigi3

modder.

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:56 PM

It's not a real life simulator. It's a video game. I mean come on, have you ever heard of a street gangster blowing up vehicles with an arsenal of full-blown WWII weapons and killing 40 people with a dildo?

• BlackSnow176 likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:28 AM

No. GTA V has to be the most unrealistic in mission design, the ways they force the player to not leave the mission areas, tightly controlled character switching scenarios with less freedom to experiment, and heavily scripted and linear in its execution.
Even the three protags have special abilities that quite clearly kill the immersion more than any GTA protag to date. Furthermore, the animals in GTA V are somehow able to alert the cops even when using stealth..wtf?
The game world seems designed to make me feel like they really dislike me for doing fun things and there is always a threat of cops being called and shooting at me anytime with death in coming for everything I do.
The wanted system and the paranoid peds in V are so horribly unrealistic in their behaviors than any GTA to date.
You can't access certain interiors which have been staple in the series.
The amount of weapons the player can carry are not even allowed to drop them, really? What a joke?
There are a lot of things in GTA V that when looked upon with close scrutiny towards the open world design and how hard they try to FAKE IT leaves no doubt on my mind that how unrealistic and lifeless the world seems to be.
GTA SA still had a lot of things that gave the game a lot of realistic feel even with multiple stretched out aspects of the missions. How believeable many of those things appear to be full of amazing quality in building a strong immersion, and soul.
Quite simply, GTA SA ROCKS!!! :^:

BlackSnow176
  • BlackSnow176

Cat in Shoes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:07 PM Edited by BlackSnow176, 18 June 2015 - 03:08 PM.

In terms of realism (storywise):                       

GTA III - 8/10 (Although there's some strange "coincidences", I can picture the events happening in real life)

GTA Vice City - 7/10 (Too much Scarface and badassery on Tommy's part)

GTA San Andreas - 4/10 (Where do I start. A young boy from the ghetto suddenly turning into Rambo?)

GTA IV - 10/10 (I can actually picture the events happening in real life - brilliantly written and realistic at the same time)

GTA IV: TLAD - 9/10 (Although an unlikely one, it's still a pretty realistic story)

GTA IV: TBoGT - 6/10 (Not nearly as realistic as its counterparts)

GTA V - 5/10 (Too much "coincidences" and superpowers in one place)

Xing of Virtue
  • Xing of Virtue

Life makes no sense when fish are gay.

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:25 AM

Leave it to me.

OT: Yes, yes it is, followed by V and then TBOGT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users