Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does SA have the most unrealistic missions ever?

35 replies to this topic
ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

Talking about this game, I feel like I've beaten it 5 times in a row :lol:

Though its halfway impossible on the PC, especially on this sh*tty laptop. Can't even play the game fine with the GHOSTTOWN cheat on, let alone without it.

OT: GTA games, or actually games in general, aren't realistic in any way possible.

• MrVance likes this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

Talking about this game, I feel like I've beaten it 5 times in a row :lol:

Though its halfway impossible on the PC, especially on this sh*tty laptop. Can't even play the game fine with the GHOSTTOWN cheat on, let alone without it.

OT: GTA games, or actually games in general, aren't realistic in any way possible.

I can`t even imagine how some of you are even able to play GTA games on PC`s keyboard. Once you are used to joypad it`s nearly impossible to do that on keyboard. I`ve tried one time at my friend`s PC, i couldn`t even move the character properly let alone playing it :evilgrin: 

• ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

Yeah, I played GTA:SA first on PS2, and even on console it was halfway impossible to control the hydra back in the day :lol:

Though I did go through the missions on this sh*tty laptop til around Doberman or something. Gave up and took a savegame. I'm NOT gonna play any game on PC until I get a better laptop! Heck this thing can't even run a 10+ years old game (DooM II) correctly let alone a game like GTA:SA.

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:09 PM

I say again:
Games aren't supposed to be completely realistic.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:35 PM Edited by Dope_0110, 03 August 2014 - 03:39 PM.

SA is definitely the most unrealistic in that regard by GTA standards. All Truth missions, Woozie's racing, chasing OG Loc in a cart formula, jetpack etc..

Guess they just wanted to throw in a little bit of everything in that game.

To everyone else, it's not about ''real life realistic'', but GTA realistic. Sure, since it's a game you get much more enemies to fight, but things that we generally do in GTA are realistic things, robbing a bank, stealing a car, killing for money, gang wars, mob assassinations, racing etc are all real life things, the difference being that in real life at most a few people get shot while in games we get dozens of enemies, and can take dozens of bullets so that it interesting to play. But some of SA missions are far away from reality, while GTA games are usually grounded in reality.

• MrVance likes this

WorldofCog
  • WorldofCog

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:10 AM Edited by WorldofCog, 07 August 2014 - 05:14 AM.

I think it does have the highest number of unbeliavebly unrealistic missions out of all GTA series.

I know it`s a GTA and it shouldn`t have too much of realism at all but breaking into the area 51 (69 ingame) ? I mean come on in real life you can`t get even near that place without being legaly shot at.

I would expect at least 10% of real life realism, but many of SA`s missions has 0% of that.

Stealing an alien blood which has been taken on train at 20 mph in a f*cking jar? Give me a break.

Not to mention the freefall mission which contradics any gravity law. I mean R* should at least try to make it a little bit more realistic.

Or those weekend soldiers in that mission you do for ryder, i`ve never seen soldiers equiped with 9 mm pistol only.

I brought this up because i started to play SA again yesterday and i just can`t f*cking believe the insanity of some missions after i`ve played HD era for so long. Before that i didn`t even bother with that, because it`s fun, the game is funny and still interesting untill these days but some of the things are just insane.

It doesn`t have to be anything like real life is, that wouldn even be playable, just imagine you crash your car at 25 mph and you brake your f*cking neck, you became an invalid or you die, end of the game. That`s how car crashes look like in real life. In game you crash at 150 mph and you are still ok, if not you respawn at the nearest hospital. So GTA shouldn`t be totaly realistic but it should`t be insanely unrealistic either.

What do you think?

I agree that SA probably had the most unrealistic missions of all GTAs (Green Goo, the jetpack one, Wrong Side of the Tracks, all of Zero's missions, Vertical Bird, etc) but as has been stated, the Saints Row series has had a lot more unrealistic missions beginning with the 2nd game. The unrealism significantly increased with the 3rd game and pretty much all of the 4th is unrealistic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users