Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does SA have the most unrealistic missions ever?

72 replies to this topic
MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

I think it does have the highest number of unbeliavebly unrealistic missions out of all GTA series.

I know it`s a GTA and it shouldn`t have too much of realism at all but breaking into the area 51 (69 ingame) ? I mean come on in real life you can`t get even near that place without being legaly shot at.

I would expect at least 10% of real life realism, but many of SA`s missions has 0% of that.

Stealing an alien blood which has been taken on train at 20 mph in a f*cking jar? Give me a break.

Not to mention the freefall mission which contradics any gravity law. I mean R* should at least try to make it a little bit more realistic.

Or those weekend soldiers in that mission you do for ryder, i`ve never seen soldiers equiped with 9 mm pistol only.

I brought this up because i started to play SA again yesterday and i just can`t f*cking believe the insanity of some missions after i`ve played HD era for so long. Before that i didn`t even bother with that, because it`s fun, the game is funny and still interesting untill these days but some of the things are just insane.

It doesn`t have to be anything like real life is, that wouldn even be playable, just imagine you crash your car at 25 mph and you brake your f*cking neck, you became an invalid or you die, end of the game. That`s how car crashes look like in real life. In game you crash at 150 mph and you are still ok, if not you respawn at the nearest hospital. So GTA shouldn`t be totaly realistic but it should`t be insanely unrealistic either.

What do you think?

• X/R// and Sweet Bellic like this

Raz3r95
  • Raz3r95

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:13 PM Edited by Raz3r95, 25 July 2014 - 02:15 PM.

GTA was NEVER stuppose to be realistic. Even GTA 5 is far away from beeing reaslitic ( 1 guy fights 50 enemies all alone...)

It is suppose to be fun, and i think it wouldn't , if its realistic.

Do you know Mafia- city of lost heaven? This game was pretty realistic : cops arrest you if they see you carrying a gun, cops are after you if you drive too fast or don't stop at a red light or make a crash with another car or building, you can only carry 1 large firearm and 3 smaller weapons... you know what happened? they removed all those features in Mafia 2, because it totally SUCKED.

btw you probably never played Saints Row

• SmokesWithCigs likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

Obviously. Also, the difference between an enjoyably replayable game, and ones that your happy to finally finish and trade away (V, Iv, etal).

Reality gets a movie, story, and game only so far.
Worry about real life and be happy with escapism in games... :)
  • Blingy and SmokesWithCigs like this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

No i`ve never played SR, why? Is that game so realistic or the opposite?

I said above i don`t excpect it to be 100% realistic but i expect it to be at least 10% realistic.

If it would be anything like in real life than if you would go past the cop with an RPG he would call a SWAT team and you`d get 2 years in jail for possesing a military hardware (at least in my country) now that wouldn`t be fun at all :catspider:

EpicWafflez515
  • EpicWafflez515

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

No i`ve never played SR, why? Is that game so realistic or the opposite?:catspider:

Saints Row is so unrealistic compared to GTA, Well the third and the fourth games. The first two were somewhat realistic. Just check out some gameplay at YouTube and you will know.

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

Drake stole my notebook :(

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:16 PM

I think it does have the highest number of unbeliavebly unrealistic missions out of all GTA series.
I know it`s a GTA and it shouldn`t have too much of realism at all but breaking into the area 51 (69 ingame) ? I mean come on in real life you can`t get even near that place without being legaly shot at.
I would expect at least 10% of real life realism, but many of SA`s missions has 0% of that.

Stealing an alien blood which has been taken on train at 20 mph in a f*cking jar? Give me a break.
Not to mention the freefall mission which contradics any gravity law. I mean R* should at least try to make it a little bit more realistic.
Or those weekend soldiers in that mission you do for ryder, i`ve never seen soldiers equiped with 9 mm pistol only.

I brought this up because i started to play SA again yesterday and i just can`t f*cking believe the insanity of some missions after i`ve played HD era for so long. Before that i didn`t even bother with that, because it`s fun, the game is funny and still interesting untill these days but some of the things are just insane.
It doesn`t have to be anything like real life is, that wouldn even be playable, just imagine you crash your car at 25 mph and you brake your f*cking neck, you became an invalid or you die, end of the game. That`s how car crashes look like in real life. In game you crash at 150 mph and you are still ok, if not you respawn at the nearest hospital. So GTA shouldn`t be totaly realistic but it should`t be insanely unrealistic either.

What do you think?

This reminds me of Realistic Steak topic.
It's a game, man!
  • BlackScout likes this

Sliderv2
  • Sliderv2

Dude from Europe

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:10 AM

Both GTA V and SA have unrealistic missions, but I enjoyed them both, btw Mafia: City of Lost Heaven don't suck, it's better than Mafia 2.
  • Osho likes this

BlueJayFitted
  • BlueJayFitted

YTC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:46 AM

Oh yeah.. gangs with roccet launchers and flyin and stealin jetpaccs n sh*t? Damn right ahah. But thats what made it fun!

• Blingy likes this

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:57 AM Edited by DarrinPA, 26 July 2014 - 03:04 AM.

As a master criminal, I didn't see that mission as that over the top. But I understand your point. I don't think they are legally allowed to shoot at you. Here is the warning sign.

Who ever said it was Alien blood?

That was probably a last minute mistake to compensate for the building being too far to make it over the street. Not a big deal.

Actually, that's very normal in America. Soilders on base rarely even have guns on them, depending on their rank. If they do, it's just a side arm. Most don't carry assault rifles.

Most San Andreas missions are just as realistic as any other GTA game.

• Blingy likes this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:43 AM

By far. I mean, people called V unrealistic because of the FIB and feds and whatever, but I fail to see how that's more unrealistic than chasing after a train carrying alien goo with a jetpack, commanded by a hippie on acid.

Unrealistic scenarios aren't necessarily a bad thing though, to an extent.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:13 AM

By far. I mean, people called V unrealistic because of the FIB and feds and whatever, but I fail to see how that's more unrealistic than chasing after a train carrying alien goo with a jetpack, commanded by a hippie on acid.

So breaking into the CIA building in broad daylight is realistic? gimme a break

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:42 AM

So breaking into the CIA building in broad daylight is realistic? gimme a break

Aside from the fact that I don't know what mission you're talking about (I'm assuming It's the FBI Raid) That actually is quite realistic. 

First off, the FBI raid  was at night. I don't know where you got "broad daylight" from. Secondly, breaking into a restricted building is a common theme, typically in heist movies. It also depends on the way the break-in was set up. If we're talking the FBI raid, it was carefully planned. That mission is far from unrealistic. In SA you could just waltz into area 51 through an open gate. 

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:18 AM

No i`ve never played SR, why? Is that game so realistic or the opposite? :catspider:

Saints Row is so unrealistic compared to GTA, Well the third and the fourth games. The first two were somewhat realistic. Just check out some gameplay at YouTube and you will know.

Well, Saints Row IV is mostly a sci-fi action game, so that is not realistic at all. The Third, however, is not realistic either with a lot of over-the-top elements like those fighter jets and tanks that shoot lasers, not to mention those brutes among other things. The first two were not very realistic either.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:31 AM

Every GTA has unrealistic missions (except maybe IV, though they are way too repetitive) but SR is way more unrealistic than GTA. And yes, SA had many unrealistic missions. 

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:15 AM

As a master criminal, I didn't see that mission as that over the top. But I understand your point. I don't think they are legally allowed to shoot at you. Here is the warning sign.

Who ever said it was Alien blood?

That was probably a last minute mistake to compensate for the building being too far to make it over the street. Not a big deal.

Actually, that's very normal in America. Soilders on base rarely even have guns on them, depending on their rank. If they do, it's just a side arm. Most don't carry assault rifles.

Most San Andreas missions are just as realistic as any other GTA game.

Well i could number you at least 10 more missions with no sense of realism at all, so i would say SA has the highest number of those in the series. But that doesn`t mean it`s not funny, it`s still one of my best games ever.

Green goo is obviously some sort of alien fluid, whether is blood, DNA or just alien snort it comes from aliens. You can even hear that strange sound coming of that yar before you steal it. That sound resembles on a howering UFO somehow. Just listen to it next time.

Oh and i remembered the mission up, up and away. Because CJ didn`t want to get involved in some "low level street jacking" as he stated he went to the army base, killed many soldiers, stole a heli and used it to pick up the money truck which happens to be parked with no security near and full of money. I mean come on, he could just brake into it, wouldn`t that be less atractive by the citizens than carrying whole f*cking truck on a helicopter winch bove Las Venturas? WTF! Some of the sh*t is real f*cked up.

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:19 AM

Games those days (Before 2006) were meant to be unrealistic. Not only GTA, but other games too.

lucy12345
  • lucy12345

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

GTA is a world where you can commit mass murder and spend a few hours in prison.

It is also a world where you can fall from great heights, be shot in the head, or blown up, and be fine after a quick trip to the hospital.

I don't think realism is something they're going for.

• Blingy and SmokesWithCigs like this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:23 PM

Yeah, but there is no really other 'good' way to make those things realistic in Open World games. However, it sometimes tries to catch realism at some aspects (e.x. IV).

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

Obviously. Also, the difference between an enjoyably replayable game, and ones that your happy to finally finish and trade away (V, Iv, etal).

Reality gets a movie, story, and game only so far.
Worry about real life and be happy with escapism in games... :)

Now, could you please tell me carefully how does V becomes boring or something that you trade in?

I call bullsh*t. That would be GTA:SA.

Inb4 fanboys hurr durr gtasa es da best gete-a eva!!!!11 crybabies.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:18 PM

@Tenpenny, get help.

Why make your username after Tenpenny if you don't like SA?

Also that SA Fanboy nonsense has been beaten to death already, it's got old and nobody finds it funny anymore.

Plus, you best watch your tone when talking to lil weasel as he has more rights on this forum than you, a standard user of the forum who literally gets butthurt when someone says V is a crock of sh*t.

• LeonTheKiller, Officer620, OneManCrimeWave and 2 others like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

I don't think SA's missions are any less realistic than the other games. Even GTA IV really isn't that realistic in most situations. With SA I feel the misconception comes from finding it hard to picture CJ doing all of these things he does.

In GTA IV for example because it doesn't have planes, tanks etc it appears to be more "realistic ", but Niko clearing a warehouse full of armed Russian thugs by himself is ludicrous to call realistic.
  • OneManCrimeWave, MetalMilitia89 and MrVance like this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

I`m no american but i think that ten-a-penny means something? Tennpenny is a character but ten a-penny should be some word? I found this out in SA`s mission "don peyote" when Kent Paul said "keyboardist and drummers are ten-a-penny anyway" so i presume it has nothing to do with oficer frank tenpenny? Or am i wrong?  :blink:

Anyway SA was the kind of game you`ve played it for 7 years and still not get bored of it so that makes no sense what you say mr ten-a-penny-

• ten-a-penny likes this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

Yeah, but there is no really other 'good' way to make those things realistic in Open World games. However, it sometimes tries to catch realism at some aspects (e.x. IV).

I know just like i said, i can`t imagine the GTA game being anything like real life when you die or you become an invalid when crashing at 50 km/h let alone more. Or being shot at. In real life you die from 1 well placed 9mm bullet, in GTA you can take them half of magazine and you`re still standing :blink: 

pozdravi u srbijo iz slovenije!

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

@Tenpenny, get help.

Why make your username after Tenpenny if you don't like SA?

Also that SA Fanboy nonsense has been beaten to death already, it's got old and nobody finds it funny anymore.

Plus, you best watch your tone when talking to lil weasel as he has more rights on this forum than you, a standard user of the forum who literally gets butthurt when someone says V is a crock of sh*t.

> My first post says that I'm BORED FROM GTA:SA, not its bad (third to best PS2 game I have ever played, second to best GTA in my opinion).

> "Hurr Durr he said GTA:SA is bad."

Plus, I made my username ages before I even knew GTA:IV existed, let alone GTAV. Now IMO GTAV is much better.

Also, how does ASKING lil Weasel WHY OR HOW DOES HE FIND GTAV A BORING GAME means I'm making fun of him? He's my old friend and 'helper' in my first days in this site you genius.

I`m no american but i think that ten-a-penny means something? Tennpenny is a character but ten a-penny should be some word? I found this out in SA`s mission "don peyote" when Kent Paul said "keyboardist and drummers are ten-a-penny anyway" so i presume it has nothing to do with oficer frank tenpenny? Or am i wrong?  :blink:

Anyway SA was the kind of game you`ve played it for 7 years and still not get bored of it so that makes no sense what you say mr ten-a-penny-

Yeah, it refers to him. Plus, I said IMO GTA:SA is boring for me.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:52 PM Edited by AnDReJ98, 26 July 2014 - 03:52 PM.

I agree with you Vance, that's what i was saying. Also, SOL has a point, there's no realistic game at all, and true about IV. But it still has some aspects more realistic done than other GTA's, but yeah the case you mentioned is unrealistic.

Hvala! Pozdrav i tebi Vance! Браћа! 

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:21 PM Edited by lil weasel, 26 July 2014 - 04:46 PM.

Now, could you please tell me carefully how does V becomes boring or something that you trade in?
I call bullsh*t. That would be GTA:SA.
Inb4 fanboys hurr durr gtasa es da best gete-a eva!!!!11 crybabies.

It need not be argumentative.
Since you apparently haven’t noticed:
SA: Starts in a peaceful alley from which you are immediately free to roam..
V: Must do a Firefight and Chase before you may access the terrain.

SA: Can go through the whole game without buying any weapon or bodyarmour.
V: Can go throught the whole game and never find a weapon or bodyarmour.

SA: Because of its age the graphics are rather crude by today’s standards. Interesting variations.
V: Very pretty but when you get down to it bland terrain.

SA: No animals other than airborne birds, and marine creatures.
V: Killer Puma roaming the hills.

SA: Cruel.
V: Particularly Vicious.

SA: Variable replays.
V: Same old stuff on rreplay.

SA: Funny, inane, and improbable missions.
V: Serious, inane, and expected outcome missions.

SA: Replayable, may try different weapons, vehicles, approaches to missions.
V: Do it the way stated or fail.

SA: Short set-up the story cut-scenes, allows you to play the mission.
V: Long cut-scenes, does most of the set-up and lets you finish it the way the game wants or fail.

SA: Moderate street talk.
V: Annoying street language.

SA: Fanboy following, based on game play, Then modding, and still going. .Escapism.
V: Fanboy’ first words were “What are the Cheats, how big is the map.” “Wow, how pretty”.

So, since the missions are not worth replaying, rather than leave it on the shelf it is time to trade for something else. Like Skyrim, maybe. Meanwhile will keep playing SA, unitl GTA VI shows its colours. :^:
  • Blingy, latigreblue, ten-a-penny and 2 others like this

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:24 PM Edited by lil weasel, 26 July 2014 - 04:29 PM. translate.

I agree with you Vance, that's what i was saying. Also, SOL has a point, there's no realistic game at all, and true about IV. But it still has some aspects more realistic done than other GTA's, but yeah the case you mentioned is unrealistic.

Hvala! Pozdrav i tebi Vance! Браћа!

Yeah in some aspects R* did a good job of making things a bit more realistic like car crashes in IV for example. Small things that give you the feeling that GTA isn`t total fan fiction universe and that`s good. But of course it got to be only to the point where things are still fun.
 Hvala! Baš mi je drago što vidim brača ovdje na forumu. :rol:
[Thank you! I'm really glad to see the brothers here in the forum]

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:40 PM

@lil Weasel, I laughed hard at the last one. 100% spot on on that :lol: I'm not joking. Its true, That happens in all the games. Inb4 Bakugan: Battle Brawlers, most moring game with the worst AI up to date.

BTW, weapons/armor DO spawn in GTAV. A rocket launcher can be found at the radar tower in LSIA, a grenade launcher at the cove northeast of the map (where the online mission Coveted plays), a body armor at the Mission Row station, etc. If only I could find that thread again... :(

I expected to get a warning though....

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

@lil Weasel, [...] BTW, weapons/armor DO spawn in GTAV.

Yes, I know about the spawns, but they are not nearly as frequent or spread around as in SA.

MrVance
  • MrVance

Playa

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:54 PM Edited by MrVance, 26 July 2014 - 04:56 PM.

That`s prety much true what you wrote lil weasel but trading any GTA game isn`t so smart. I`ve done it myself with LCS once and after few months i was started to miss it so i bought it again the new one lol.

Sooner or later you want it to play again and if you don`t like replaying the missions than you can just free roaming and messing around.

My friend sold his RDR game last year but now he desperatly wants it back and there is no place to buy that. Not even used one, all sold out. Now he is banging his head for selling that game.

Yeah i play SA again these days. Mainly because my PS3 is broken but i`m having fun again, i can`t believe that SA is still great game nowadays and i don`t have any problems replaying it for like 40. or even 45. times. So it makes me madd when friends keep asking me "wtf you play SA again, how can you even play that thing if you got V". Jeez some people seem to care about graphics only, being a good game is everything else than graphic.

• ten-a-penny likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users